PDA

View Full Version : DVD Converting

flyboyoz
28th November 2009, 05:12 PM
Hi all
I keep trying to Rip/convert a music DVD I own via handbrake to MP4 so I can have it on my hard drive. However no matter what I do it shows all the VOB VIDEO files and doesnt want to rip the whole DVD into one MP4. (Like I have done many times over with other normal movies) I have tried doing through MAc the ripper and handbrake itself, however both are the same. This is an original dvd also. Anyone have any ideas as I a stuck. Any help appreciated.
cheers
FBO

JaimeSharp
28th November 2009, 05:32 PM
What generally happens with the music dvds is that it rips single title sets in handbrake etc the only solution is to rip the individual vob files in handbrake convert them to mp4 then join the files together At least that is how i do it for my music dvds. :cool:

flyboyoz
2nd December 2009, 08:01 AM
What generally happens with the music dvds is that it rips single title sets in handbrake etc the only solution is to rip the individual vob files in handbrake convert them to mp4 then join the files together At least that is how i do it for my music dvds. :cool:

Thanks for that. I successfully converted the VOB files to to M4v with handbrake, then joined using Quicktime 7. All seemed ok. HOWEVER once saved it was a mov. file. (still good quality however wont play on my ps3) I then converted (exported) again using quicktime to AVI, whch took about 8 hours, but the quality is now s*&t compared to previously. Infact is very bad quality. Anyone have any ideas. Handbrake wouldnt see the quictime mov file to convert with that either.

Fission
7th December 2009, 01:40 AM
When Handbrake asks you to choose a file, highlight all of the video files on the disc. It will export it as one file.