PDA

View Full Version : Ibook Charger Covered By Warrenty?

jobe
6th August 2005, 10:19 AM
Hi ya. My ibook charger has packed it in. I went to charge it yesterday, plugged it in and nothing happened. No glowing ring, and the ibook wont turn on. I've tried everything and as best as i can tell, it's the charger. So I'm wondering... are chargers covered by warrenty?

Byrd
6th August 2005, 10:24 AM
Yes - for sure. It's covered under the warranty of the iBook which includes the accessories that came with it.

JB

mivory
6th August 2005, 12:27 PM
Because it carries the apple logo, and is part of the equipment that makes up your ibook's essential components supplied by Apple for it to operate properly, it is covered.

Mac Aid
10th August 2005, 09:21 PM
Generally speaking, Power Adapters and batteries are covered for the first 12 months, but not extended to three years by the AppleCare Protection Plan (if you got it)

Having said that, there was another forum post of someone who had thier battery repalced under extended warranty, so it's always worth a go if that's your situation.

ppym1
10th August 2005, 09:33 PM
I've had the same problem as well. In my case my guess was a power surge that caused it to pack it in. I took it back to Apple (after borrowing a friends powerpack to make sure that was the problem), and it was replaced under warranty.

11th August 2005, 03:28 PM
i'm almost 100% sure that batteries/chargers and what not are covered for as long as the computer is. when i went to get my battery replaced under apple care i asked the guy at nextbyte after hearing on here that they were not and he seemed confused that i would have thought it wouldn't be covered.

maybe it used to be like that but isn't anymore?