PDA

View Full Version : iphone, buy now? or wait

diao
27th November 2009, 10:53 AM
should i buy an iphone in this Xmas or wait for 18/06/2010. maybe there will be a new model.... :confused1:

craigc
27th November 2009, 11:59 AM
I personally wouldn't wait. The current iPhone is great. Why deprive yourself of over half a year of enjoyment.

Alec Fraser
27th November 2009, 12:04 PM
If you're likely to upgrade to whatever comes out in July, I'd wait and save your cash :)

bennettnz
27th November 2009, 02:02 PM
I have an "old" 3g (not 3GS) iphone and honestly it just gets more useful everyday. Depending on the apps you download it is a fantastic piece of technology no matter what model you have. It really makes me feel like I'm in the future or something. Access to so much information at the touch of a finger and so many useful apps - don't get fooled by the amount of crap there are some really amazing apps that will change your life. For example the app iFitness has turned me from a couch slob to a every-second day gym junkie. And believe me I never saw that happening in my lifetime.

Get one now - you will only regret it for 5 minutes when they release a new model and then you'll go back to enjoying the one you have. The type of apps you download and the amount of personal data you attach to the apps makes the thing like an external brain and I can't go anywhere with out it. I am in love with it.

gillo
27th November 2009, 02:59 PM
I have an "old" 3g (not 3GS) iphone and honestly it just gets more useful everyday. Depending on the apps you download it is a fantastic piece of technology no matter what model you have. It really makes me feel like I'm in the future or something. Access to so much information at the touch of a finger and so many useful apps - don't get fooled by the amount of crap there are some really amazing apps that will change your life. For example the app iFitness has turned me from a couch slob to a every-second day gym junkie. And believe me I never saw that happening in my lifetime.

Get one now - you will only regret it for 5 minutes when they release a new model and then you'll go back to enjoying the one you have. The type of apps you download and the amount of personal data you attach to the apps makes the thing like an external brain and I can't go anywhere with out it. I am in love with it.

totally agree - I use mine more than my PC and am going to get a touch sooner or later as well because phone calls keep interrupting whatever I happen to be doing in an app...

nibbles
27th November 2009, 07:45 PM
I am the same with my ipod touch, always one to have the latest & greatest but with the touch i figured it does exactly what the others do but a tiny bit slower, gets more useful everyday. If they release a new one it might only be a speed and space bump but buy now and you won't regret it

g4cube
28th November 2009, 06:02 PM
I was in the same boat as you earlier this year mate i got my 3g in late march even though i knew the 3gs was very close other than being a little slower i just love it i smile every time i pic it up it is just so great. Really mate the biggest mistake would be to wait because 12 months later the newer one will come out will you still be waiting and in the end never buy one?

will
28th November 2009, 06:08 PM
Same Same

I use my iPhone more now then my mbp!

This use has nearly confirmed in my mind my next purchase to be a 13" mbp over a 15".

kogi
28th November 2009, 06:14 PM
Wait, There's going be a busload of android phones comming out.

kogi

nibbles
29th November 2009, 09:28 AM
Also if you wait a few months then get sick of waiting and buy one it is almost guaranteed that in a few days/weeks a new one will be released

reemixx
29th November 2009, 11:17 AM
If/when a new model does come out next year, your 3G or 3GS will still be under warranty by that time, so it's resale value will be a little more if you keep it in good condition. If the new model has some crazy awesome feature you desperately want, then just sell off the old iPhone a bit before it's released and buy the new one outright. And if the new model has absolutely nothing you find particularly interesting, you'll be very glad you purchased the current iPhone when you did.

Huy
29th November 2009, 11:32 AM
iPhone3,1 is coming in 7-8 months.

Buy the 3GS now if you want one. Sell it in May if you think you'll want to trade up.

samuelowens
29th November 2009, 02:00 PM
I'm facing the same dilemma. My Optus contract finishes in 28 days (but hey, who's counting).

Therefore, come 28 December, I will be on Telstra. I'm pondering whether to just stick my iPhone 3G onto prepaid for the six months until the new model arrives, or sign up for a new 24 month contract with a 32GB 3GS. Ordinarily I'd go prepaid, but JB Hi-Fi has a tendency to have attractive port-in deals ($200 voucher on a $60 plan, $100 on a $40 plan, $50 on a $30 plan, and often bumped up a further $100), and I've read reports that people have had Telstra stores match the deals to get account credit instead.

g4cube
29th November 2009, 03:17 PM
Samuel since you already have a iphone and i assume still works well i would stick with it on the pre paid and wait on the newer one since the 3GS is only marginally better than your current model.