PDA

View Full Version : MobileMe Mail Issues

danno74
25th November 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi all I did a quick search, and I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but couldn't find anything of total relevance.

This is about how much MobileMe SUCKS and a list of the issues I've had with it for a year. Damn it Apple, when are you going to FIX these problems, instead of just denying they exist? It's a piss-poor effort, especially for a paid service.

I'm pretty ticked off that I'm paying $119 a year for this GARBAGE. Should have stuck with Gmail to be honest.

So this is a list of issues with MobileMe Mail (web-based version) and was wondering if anyone has found any workarounds for the following problems:

NOTE: THESE ISSUES ARE RELATED TO THE BROWSER VERSION OF MM MAIL.

- Mail displays random error when trying to send an email, so I have to cut and paste the email, click on Inbox again, and re-send.

- Won't let me download multiple attachments have to click one at a time, which, when you have more than a half dozen attachments to download from one email, is a real pain. It also takes ages to start downloading after clicking the link. There should be an option to download all attachments with the one click.

- When I try to forward an email with multiple attachments to another email address, it only sends one attachment.

- On some emails, the text runs off the right of the page and there is no horizontal scrollbar to scroll to the right. Luckily I have a Mighty Mouse which allows me to scroll using the little ball. When opening these same emails on my iPhone, the text is so small I can't even read it, and it doesn't automatically resize.

gehenna
25th November 2009, 10:58 AM
What browser are you using?

danno74
25th November 2009, 12:26 PM
The latest version of Safari - this has been happening for a year though. Had the same problems on Firefox.

gehenna
25th November 2009, 12:28 PM
Have you contacted MobileMe support? As far as I know there is a live chat feature on MobileMe that you can use to talk to a support rep

craigc
25th November 2009, 01:16 PM
The random error issue with sending mail through the web interface is a well known issue. There are endless threads on this on the Apple Support Forum. I can tell you it impacts all web browser on both Mac's and PC's. It is due to the web page spontaneously refreshing while you are composing the message. This always occurs after approximately 45 to 60 seconds after you open MobileMe. If you send the message before this time frame you won't get the error message, and if you start composing the message after this time frame you will generally be OK.

You may also have noticed that a similar thing happens when entering a contact or a calender entry. If you are entering information when a refresh occurs, you will lose the information you enter when you press save.

I wouldn't bother calling MobileMe support as they will most likely deny knowledge of the issue. I base this on feedback from the Apple Forum and my own experience.

I have replicated this issue on multiple computers using multiple MobileMe accounts - and have come to accept that while I like everything else about MobileMe the web interface sucks.