PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Corporate Deal

morgan
22nd November 2009, 08:49 PM
I didn't realise this till the other day but often if your company is a corporate user of Microsoft Office you as an employee can purchase Office 2008 for Mac or Office 2007 for Windows for $28-. You have to pay extra for the CD as they just give you access to an image you can download (and burn yourself).

We just changed over to word 2007 at work thus requiring me to upgrade on my Mac to Office 2008 so I can work at home. This was a considerable saving.

Seakip
22nd November 2009, 09:04 PM
Does this apply to schools?

gehenna
22nd November 2009, 09:15 PM
Can you link to some official documentation on this please? I'm interested in doing this if it pans out...

Al Aero
22nd November 2009, 09:17 PM
little bit OT but does Adobe offer the same deal?

Dux
22nd November 2009, 09:29 PM
It's a deal MS does to very large corporations - so if you work at Dell, Cisco, HP, VMware, etc. etc. they offer this to the employees.

I haven't heard of anything similar for Adobe. They seem to loathe selling their software at any reasonable price.

gehenna
22nd November 2009, 10:07 PM
I'm a Microsoft Partner, so is this something I can take advantage of?

mitty
22nd November 2009, 10:36 PM
My employer does this. MS provide your employer with a special code and URL that you use to gain access to the discount, it's the same for both Windows and Mac versions of Office. If your employer has the same deal, speak to whomever deals with MS in your company and they should be aware of it and be able to provide you with the details. It not just something you can go to the MS website and do by yourself, unfortunately.

timdotexe
23rd November 2009, 06:11 AM
If your a teacher you can get cheap Microsoft and Adobe software here:

Simply International Group (http://www.sigroup.com.au)

Office and Windows products $39 + $11 post

Adobe CS Collection (9 DVDs Pc, 7 DVDs Mac) $82.50 + $11 post

mitty
23rd November 2009, 09:25 AM
^Hm, that only appears to apply to NSW Teachers.

tcn33
23rd November 2009, 09:39 AM
The link is publicly available - it's Microsoft Home Use Program (http://www.microsofthup.com/hupau/home.aspx?culture=en-AU). But you need a program code to get past that landing screen and place an order, which you can only get from your IT department or whoever else administers the HUP.

It's come down in price, too - used to be $37.20 last year.

morgan
23rd November 2009, 05:49 PM
My firm has an "employee benefits" page on the intranet that has the details. Its the same place they put the special deals for Car hire, banking, Dell, Apple, Gyms etc.

I think your employer would have to be pretty large, mine has 140,000 employees worldwide.

gehenna
23rd November 2009, 05:58 PM
Well judging from the requirements on the MS website you just need to be a volume or open licensee, which many organisations are regardless of their size. I've started the ball rolling and am looking into things, will update the thread with any progress I have.

Dux
23rd November 2009, 06:28 PM
FYI I'm planning to order my $28 copy of MS Office for Mac soon :)

My mate is getting Office 2007 Enterprise for $28 too, it's such a great deal.

Al Aero
23rd November 2009, 06:30 PM
FYI I'm planning to order my $28 copy of MS Office for Mac soon :)

My mate is getting Office 2007 Enterprise for $28 too, it's such a great deal.

can you hook it up for us?

Dux
23rd November 2009, 07:06 PM
can you hook it up for us?

Nope.

Only available to employees, 1 purchase per year.