PDA

View Full Version : iTunes showing app updates available, when they're not...

eggs
21st November 2009, 09:48 PM
In my iTunes on Snow Leopard (10.6.2) and iPhone 3G 3.1.2, the apps badges show updates available,, but when i go to download the updates or see what they are it's the same two or three apps

I've downloaded the updates several times but the badge still reads "unread" and the same apps are always listed. Any suggestions about what to do?

(The apps are "remote" + "mover" + "local concerts", i know it's not the apps though as it was just 2 prior to today when a new update for remote came out and now it's all 3 of them)

I've got mild OCD for this and it's doing my nut in!

Any help greatly appreciated :)

x

ajbeardy
21st November 2009, 09:52 PM
I had this with the "remote update" for some reason today. Ended up deleting the app and downloading again. That fixed it, although not the cleanest fix.

gehenna
21st November 2009, 10:11 PM
Do you have multiple iTunes accounts?

EG one account for Australia, one for another country? I have a NZ account which has most of the apps I bought before moving to Australia, and an OZ account with the apps I've bought in the last 6 months.

When apps need updating I get notified of all of them, but say I'm logged into my OZ account, only my oz updates will download, leaving badges for all my NZ updates as well. So I have to manually log into the NZ account and then re-check for updates and download them again.

Pain in the arse but Apple wouldn't let me transfer all my apps to my OZ account.

Remy
22nd November 2009, 07:47 AM
The same thing has happened to me for a while, although only in iTunes.

cotcase
22nd November 2009, 07:47 AM
Yes, this will also happen even if you have now multiple accounts in one country or if you have content on your machine purchased with more than one account. The fix I have found is to log in with the accounts used to purchase each app and then update.

Reubania
22nd November 2009, 08:02 AM
Same thing for me. Mover and Remote. I have one account spread over two machines. It's rather annoying, but I just ignore them now.

eggs
22nd November 2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I do have multiple accounts (AU / UK / US) and have had the issue before, but sorted it out by logging into each account and applying the updates, this is different though, doing this doesn't seem to work.

Looks like i'll just have to get used to it, although this morning i downloaded the update fro remote and now iTunes is showing no updates available however the app store on my iPhone is still showing 3 !!

I'm sure apple will fix it eventually.

Dante Kyar
22nd November 2009, 11:14 AM
Just had the same problem with my iphone.

Some suggest doing a hard reset, i just restored my phone and they're gone.

Pain in the ass, but it works.

samuelowens
24th November 2009, 01:20 PM
I find that updating using the App Store app on the phone itself works better than using iTunes...

Mychael
3rd February 2010, 07:53 PM
Well followed through this thread. Don't think my problem is quite the same.
I only have one account on this one machine and it's not telling me specifically which apps have updates, they are not individually flagged or anything, just this message at the bottom telling me there are updates available.

It's itunes on a Windows machine if that makes any difference.

Aladdin
3rd February 2010, 08:46 PM
Same issue here for some time now. It's something to do with populating all their servers with the updated version.

Usually, waiting 24 hours will solve the issue, as the updated app is updated on their servers.