PDA

View Full Version : Return/ Refund Custom - also delivery times

newtothis
21st November 2009, 04:51 PM
So, as I posted on my other thread, I ordered a macbook pro antiglare from apple online. The problem is I leave for overseas permanently next saturday. Expected deliver is Friday to Tuesday. Apple told me they usually deliver on the early side of the estimated time.

The sales rep said that if the computer comes after I leave, it won't matter as it will go back to the warehouse or could be returned and all money would be recredited to my credit card.

I checked the return policy online (after ordering) and it says custom computers cannot be returned. Antiglare = custom right?

So did Apple tell me the wrong thing?

Do you reckon it will come on time?

Trabb
21st November 2009, 07:34 PM
depending on what model you got, the antiglare is a standard configure. Even though you select the option as you purchase it online, they actually make that model and have them boxed already, unlike a complete custom configure which they don't keep stock of.

newtothis
21st November 2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Trabb.

I got the 15 inch 2.53.

So you think it won't take as long as the estimate to ship then? Or do you mean it isn't custom?

Sebastianmonty
22nd November 2009, 01:54 AM
Maybe you can find how it's shipped(it may be Fedex) and orgaqnize to pick up from their depot and save half a day.
I would think the anti-glare wouldn't be custom as they wouldn't swap displays. They would have them made like that in China and boxed.
I got mine and it's the same box with the specs sticker just saying anti-glare 17inch.
Also, good thing you got the anti-glare. Although there is no glass protecting the screen it is so much nicer to not have reflection ALL THE TIME.

newtothis
22nd November 2009, 06:09 PM
The Order status has changed to "prepared for shipment". Is this a good sign?

Phunky
22nd November 2009, 06:42 PM
Only if you want the computer delivered to you :confused:

newtothis
22nd November 2009, 07:13 PM
Is there any alternative to having the computer delivered? I dodn't think there was.

MrJesseRoss
22nd November 2009, 07:43 PM
How else would you get it? It has to be delivered to get to you... Unless you tell them to keep it at the depot so you can collect it, but I can't see how that would be more convenient.

forno
23rd November 2009, 07:43 AM
In my experience, interfering with the delivery proccess only extends the delivery time

MrJesseRoss
23rd November 2009, 09:08 AM
In my experience, interfering with the delivery proccess only extends the delivery time

Oh, definitely. I had to interfere to make sure they had the right address, and the parcel ended up being delayed by a few days in the confusion. Once it's in the system it's a pain to change things.

newtothis
24th November 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up on delivery guys.

My order is at Honkers. Delivery estimate is 27/11. Will it come on that day definitely?

newtothis
24th November 2009, 07:44 PM
Date Time Location Status
24 Nov 2009 09:35:25 Hong Kong Shipment In Transit.
23 Nov 2009 21:56:39 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Transit Point.
23 Nov 2009 21:53:20 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
23 Nov 2009 21:45:00 Shanghai Shipment In Transit.
23 Nov 2009 21:33:18 Shanghai Shipment In Transit.
23 Nov 2009 20:04:25 Shanghai Shipment Collected From Sender.

What does it all mean???

Meh 626
24th November 2009, 07:49 PM
My order is at Honkers. Delivery estimate is 27/11. Will it come on that day definitely?

Apple are good with delivery estimates, you will have it in your hands before you leave (if I'm correct and remember you are leaving on Sunday.)

I take no responsibility for late delivery times or failure to arrive.

MrJesseRoss
24th November 2009, 08:11 PM
What does it all mean???

It means your computer is being sent to you.

newtothis
25th November 2009, 08:13 PM
I leave Saturday (same diff anyway since there are no deliveries o weekends).

The status says it's in Sydney. Does that mean it will be delivered tomorrow? The estimated delivery was for Friday.

Meh 626
25th November 2009, 08:41 PM
The status says it's in Sydney. Does that mean it will be delivered tomorrow? The estimated delivery was for Friday.

Great news, it should be in your hands hopefully by tomorrow, if not definitely Friday.

newtothis
27th November 2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Guys! I just wanted to report back with the happy end to my story. Computer was delivered yesterday and it is beautiful.

The delivery driver came at 8.30 (apparently) but I didn't hear the door and he left. I called TNT at about 9.30 and they sent the driver a message asking him to come back to deliver it. He must have been a nice driver or in the area because he did it.

It is all gleaming and smells of beautiful new plastic. The matt screen is awesome.

Also, just to report for people who may wonder how correct the delivery estimate was. Events happened like this:

Initial estimate delivered 27 november to 1 December.
Second estimate delivered 27 November.

Actual delivery 26 November.

Meh 626
27th November 2009, 07:34 AM
Great news, enjoy your new mac.