PDA

View Full Version : Mac Version of the IKEA Home Planner Available

decryption
20th November 2009, 09:46 AM
Those of you wanting to plan your next room upgrade can check out the IKEA Home Planner (which is pretty decent for a house planning app), because it now works on a Mac. (http://www.ikeafans.com/home/mac-compatible-ikea-home-planner-launched/)

(and yes, I subscribe to the IKEA FANS RSS feed)

gehenna
20th November 2009, 09:47 AM
That's awesome!

mitty
20th November 2009, 10:56 AM
Can you preorder your bottomless coffee and a piece of that yummy apple pie as well?

d_mini
20th November 2009, 11:17 AM
about time!

Angsty
21st November 2009, 09:23 AM
Hmmm, their regular website still says the Home Planer is not Mac compatible??
*scatches head*

Ang

Goodbye
21st November 2009, 09:34 AM
Woo! Thank you! My whole room is furnished with Ikea bits, so this will make it super easy to buy new pieces!

tintinaujapon
21st November 2009, 11:07 AM
Do you have to assemble the code yourself?

Lutze
21st November 2009, 11:10 AM

LOL!

Jaste
21st November 2009, 12:20 PM
Those of you wanting to plan your next room upgrade can check out the IKEA Home Planner (which is pretty decent for a house planning app), because it now works on a Mac. (http://www.ikeafans.com/home/mac-compatible-ikea-home-planner-launched/)

(and yes, I subscribe to the IKEA FANS RSS feed)

More importantly, where is the link to the RSS feed ;)

iCarllovesapple
22nd November 2009, 01:09 AM
Mine's downloading now.. I'm actually excited, because looking through the catalogue & trying to visualize everything is hard!!

Hydrology
23rd November 2009, 07:10 PM
Anyone have a direct link to the actual program and not just a fan site please? !!

gehenna
23rd November 2009, 07:12 PM
Anyone have a direct link to the actual program and not just a fan site please? !!

Did you even go to the linked site? The link to the download is there....

Hydrology
23rd November 2009, 10:15 PM
Did you even go to the linked site? The link to the download is there....

I did go to the site - just didnt wanna plod through a huge review of the bloody thing.

Its Ok I found it.

gehenna
23rd November 2009, 10:43 PM
Took me all of 5 seconds to skim to the link when I looked for you.

macgrrl
24th November 2009, 12:20 AM
<edit for pure stupidity>

I've got it and its crashing both firefox and safari. Anyone else have any luck?

grfxninja
24th November 2009, 08:41 AM

LMAO! Where is that "Post of the Week" thingy when you need it??

stewiesno1
26th November 2009, 11:19 AM

+2 for post of the week

Stewie

Angsty
26th November 2009, 11:58 AM
So, any more reviews and comments on how its working so far?

Ang

Gillywilly
13th April 2010, 11:05 PM
Those of you wanting to plan your next room upgrade can check out the IKEA Home Planner (which is pretty decent for a house planning app), [URL="http://www.ikeafans.com/home/mac-compatible-ikea-home-planner-launched/"]because it now works on a Mac.

I've got two problems:
1) The user guide - supposedly the English version - still has everything in Danish!
2) When I go to 'save' my plan, I'm directed to a site that says I'm not logged in - and then I lose my plan! (If I go to print, instead of save, the same thing happens.)

a) Where is the English version (or, why do I get the Danish version, even thought I'm clicking the 'English version' link!)?

b) How do I register (so that I can log in in future)? And why do I need to log in?

Very many thanks.

A highly frustrated Gilly!

kyte
18th April 2010, 12:51 PM
Same as Gilly... I'm getting a basic English Instruction and then when I choose rooms they are all labelled in (Swedish?), as are the sidebar choices. Gave up for the moment, my Scandinavian comprehension is limited.

idiesel
18th April 2010, 07:13 PM
I used this on my PC 6 months ago to plan our new kitchen renovation - works a treat

SanDesignsUSA
3rd May 2010, 08:38 AM
Trying to design a new kitchen for my mid-century home in the Washington DC area....how do I get the IKEA planner? None of the links I've tried take me to a valid site.
I have a MacBookPro that is only a little over a year old so has pretty current operating system running on it.

stewiesno1
3rd May 2010, 12:11 PM
If it is based on the 2020 kitchen software then it should be pretty good.

@GillyWilly

Then you go up in the menu item “File”, here you’ll find email.
Email the plan to yourself and voila, a link to your kitchen plan :)

Stewie