PDA

View Full Version : Quicken Australia coming to Mac!

jastormont
19th November 2009, 12:02 PM
I have a friend who is starting to run his business on Apple computers now and he rang up Quicken the other day to ask if they have plans to release a Mac version as this is his main piece of software preventing him from ditching windows all together.

They have told him they do and they hope to have Quicken Mac versions out next year depending on how the programers go with it. This is great news and I hope they do a decent job of it.

I know that Quicken Australia are very much an MS partner and to see them about to start supporting the Mac shows how much Apple are starting to make a dint into the computer market share now.

Just thought some of you here might be keen to know this as I was.

jesse
19th November 2009, 12:07 PM
I know about a dozen people that say to me 'Oh, I use Quicken, or Quickbooks so I need a PeeCee' - this is good news for the unconverted masses

jastormont
19th November 2009, 12:23 PM
I just hope who ever told my mate this is correct.

I know there is a new US version of Quicken being released in Feb of 2010 what is a total rewrite.

mac_man_luke
19th November 2009, 12:38 PM
maybe it might force MYOB to be competitive (pricing and features wise)?

cgollner
19th November 2009, 01:30 PM
Yay. I currently use Quicken 2007 for Mac, all US centric though. Be great to have a local version.

carl
19th November 2009, 01:47 PM
I noticed that the last update disc had windows printed on it. I too rang and asked them if a Mac version was coming? The tech support guy I talked to also said that they hope to have it out for the end of Q1 next year, This is around the time they release updates. Fingers crossed....

jastormont
19th November 2009, 01:55 PM
I noticed that the last update disc had windows printed on it. I too rang and asked them if a Mac version was coming? The tech support guy I talked to also said that they hope to have it out for the end of Q1 next year, This is around the time they release updates. Fingers crossed....

That backups well with what my mate was told which is great news! :)

I hope they do not just release a mum and dad's version and offer Quickbooks Premier as well. I know so many people that want a mac for there business but because they use Quicken they want to stay with there PC's.

I never thought I would get so excited over accounting software! :p

servaas
19th November 2009, 02:44 PM
That backups well with what my mate was told which is great news! :)

I hope they do not just release a mum and dad's version and offer Quickbooks Premier as well. I know so many people that want a mac for there business but because they use Quicken they want to stay with there PC's.

I never thought I would get so excited over accounting software! :p

I hope they bring out a mac client for Quickbooks Premiere.

I keep a Vista box on my desk to be able to use QB over our LAN. It supposedly works in Parallels, but I cannot get Parallels to see the XP box where the QB file lives. I would be so happy to ditch the PC and only have one computer.

DeanCorp
19th November 2009, 04:20 PM
about bloody time!!! took them long enough!!!

glacierdave
19th November 2009, 06:38 PM
I hope they bring out a mac client for Quickbooks Premiere.

I keep a Vista box on my desk to be able to use QB over our LAN. It supposedly works in Parallels, but I cannot get Parallels to see the XP box where the QB file lives. I would be so happy to ditch the PC and only have one computer.

Just to confirm, QuickBooks Premier works fine under Parallels/XP on my MBP. No issues with any part of it, all works as advertised. Even Parallels in Coherence mode doesn't faze it.

brian_g
20th November 2009, 06:10 AM
About bloody time too. I've been running Quicken in Parallels - one less app that'll need windows

Jaste
20th November 2009, 08:16 AM
While Intuit are at it, I hope they bring us an Aussie version of Mint too.

Azabu
20th November 2009, 02:13 PM
Damn, this would force me to get organised.

NeoRicen
20th November 2009, 05:03 PM
While Intuit are at it, I hope they bring us an Aussie version of Mint too.
+1 to Mint.

eggs
20th November 2009, 05:17 PM
I'd also like Mint, i tried iBank and it was just too difficult i'm better off with Excel.

All i want is a nice and simple programme that is linked to my Westpac account.

xaviersun
9th April 2010, 09:38 PM
I know about a dozen people that say to me 'Oh, I use Quicken, or Quickbooks so I need a PeeCee' - this is good news for the unconverted masses
It is a pretty good news....

I've been using the Quickbooks for like 4 years, and I just recently changed to iMac. I am still using it at the moment, but have spent so much time on it as I have to turn on the VMware Fusion to load the MS system, and it runs so slow!!!

Hopefully it will come out soon. I heard the US Quickbooks already has the Mac version.

servaas
9th April 2010, 10:02 PM
Quickbooks is also being released as an online version in Australia. They have about 2000 people on Beta. You upload your .qbw file to their servers in Sydney, then log in via the web. Maybe with the online version in development, they won't bother with the Mac version?

brian_g
10th April 2010, 01:34 PM
Quicken Personal or Quickbook?

Hi Brian,

Iím afraid we donít have any plans to release a version for MAC in the near future

Kind Regards,

Angela
Customer Service
Reckon Limited

Sent: Friday, 26 February 2010 12:56 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Quicken Essentials for Mac

Now the Quicken US has finally released an updated Mac product - Quicken Essentials is there any plan to localise this for Australian use or will Mac users continue to be forgotten and forced to use virtual tools like Parallels and VMWare to run Quicken on Windows?

Regards,
Brian Grinter

RHLB
13th April 2010, 10:47 AM
I have found that if you put in an American state, zip code and phone number in the order form online you can purchase Quicken Essentials from Australia. I even used my Australian email address and was able to purchase a copy. It updates without any problems as well.

I don't need to download statements from banks so I don't use that feature. Otherwise it works fine and incorporates all the formatting settings your mac uses in australia (eg date format is d/m/y)

I was using MS Money 2003 in windoze and now have transferred everything to quicken essentials. It has a similar set of features and I have found it reliable and a worthy replacement. For those who need bank downloads and investment stuff you will be disappointed. For normal banking needs it is superb for me.

Its a shame they don't produce an aussie version though.

rowey7777
14th April 2010, 10:39 PM
Still using US version quicken for mac 2003. Still working ok with a few little bugs and OSX10.6. Would be Great to have an Aussie updated version with gst. Anyone use money works for mac.