PDA

View Full Version : Blocking erringrantsblog popup when visiting MDN

leon
18th November 2009, 06:02 PM
Just wondering what I need to install in Safari that will stop that stupid errin grant's blog fatso thing from popping up everytime I visit MacDailyNews - Apple and Mac News - Welcome Home (http://www.macdailynews.com)

When Safari 4.0.4 was first released it blocked the pop up. After one day they worked out how to bypass Safari's popup blocker and now the stupid thing is back to annoy me.

MrJesseRoss
18th November 2009, 06:17 PM
I don't see any popups or mentions of a blog. I'm also running Safari 4.0.4 with popups blocked.

leon
18th November 2009, 06:22 PM
I don't see any popups or mentions of a blog. I'm also running Safari 4.0.4 with popups blocked.

Did you click on one of their stories/articles?

Exocet
18th November 2009, 06:23 PM
I'm with HGHG.

EDIT:

This is the kind of information you should be including in the original post. Now I have, yes - there are popups and no I don't know how to remove them. Maybe use their RSS feed rather than the page?

MrJesseRoss
18th November 2009, 06:26 PM

Yep. Still no popups. I tried clicking around a bunch of links and nothing came up (apart from obnoxious banner ads, seriously, whoever designed that site seems to have tried their best to make it look like a link farm as closely as possible).

EditL: I dunno what you did Exo, but I'm popup free!

Jaffa
18th November 2009, 06:29 PM
I tried it here, no pop ups at all either. For the record I'm running Glimmer Blocker to block advertising and ClickToFlash to stop Flash from auto-loading.

leon
18th November 2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Jaffa. Glimmer blocker seems to have done the trick.

Jaffa
18th November 2009, 06:52 PM
No probs leon. Just make sure you're running the latest GlimmerBlocker build, there was one a couple of builds back that used up a lot of processor power for some reason, but they seem to have fixed that now.