PDA

View Full Version : Twitter for classic macs!

tim
18th November 2009, 09:01 AM
Looks like someone with too much spare time has developed a twitter client that goes all the way back to System 6...

Grackle68k - Twitter Application for Classic Macintoshes (http://www.retards.org/projects/grackle68k/)

Haven't tried it yet.

NORMANDY
18th November 2009, 10:17 AM
AND WHO here is still using classic mac os?

Cybix
18th November 2009, 10:44 AM
who cares, it's awesome, long live classic!

Byrd
18th November 2009, 10:49 AM
AND WHO here is still using classic mac os?

I love a bit of OS 6/7/8 action from time to time, to relive all my favourite Mac games.

Recent classic developments:

- Twitter reader
- RSS reader
- "Classilla", an updated version of Mozilla web browser for OS 8 and 9 machines.

JB

Dux
18th November 2009, 11:24 AM
Looks brilliant, love the look of it.

Even though it is (relatively) quite old, I love the design and look of OS 8/9.

Byrd, do you know of any sites which maintain lists of still-available OS9 apps?

Byrd
18th November 2009, 11:44 AM
Byrd, do you know of any sites which maintain lists of still-available OS9 apps?

No - I source most of my OS 9 (and older apps) from various abandonware sites, and the preterhuman.net Hotline (old skool!) server, where there is a lot of stuff:

higher intellect :: information at the speed of thought (http://www.preterhuman.net/)

... let me know if you'd like info on how to connect to this (I used FrogBlast last time)

JB

Dux
18th November 2009, 12:04 PM
Which abandonware sites?

Maybe we should start a thread here on MacTalk for the OS 7/8/9 enthusiasts!

Gah - all I can see on that site are text/pdf files!

Jaffa
18th November 2009, 12:25 PM
Off topic - how much would it set me back to get my Apple SE FD HD online?

Byrd
18th November 2009, 12:35 PM
Dux: you need to use a Hotline client, and connect to the preterhuman server - there are many, many files ;)

Jaffa: Ideally you'd want an SE-compatible PDS ethernet card, or a serial to ethernet adapter ,,, price? Dunno, both would be about free - $40 I reckon.

JB