PDA

View Full Version : Weather Widget, Not Working Anymore

Rayd
4th August 2005, 07:45 AM
ive been trying to get the weather widget to work, but it refuses to work with anything other than a US location, why??!!!

eyeLikeCarrots
4th August 2005, 08:36 AM
because you suck at the internet ?

Are you using the weather widget that comes with tiger ? When this was first released it certainly didn't support Tas.. afaik it did have bris, melb and syd.

Where are you and what location string are you typing into the box ?

Try using "Hobart, Austraila(TAS)" , that works for me, if it does not work for you it might be a deeper issue like proxyauth, dodgey network etc, moon in Libra etc

deadants
4th August 2005, 09:00 AM
Well I just know it's not 33 in Sydney at the moment. And yes, I have the Celsius selected.

Of Course it does Help if you put in Sydney Australia and not Sydny Florida :D

Goodbye
4th August 2005, 09:15 AM
Type in your location.

Press "Return" on keyboard.

Widget will "Validate" location and bring up a list of possible matches.

Select city and click "Done"

Voila.

:)

Squozen
4th August 2005, 10:20 AM
Melbourne was dying for me for a day or so, just fixed itself last night. And yes, I was using the correct Melbourne. The widget was failing to update itself, but worked fine for other cities. /shrug

dracomjb
4th August 2005, 02:35 PM
Looks like whereever the default weather widget gets its information changed he name of the Australian cities. I had to re-validate Melbourne and it changed from Melbourne, Australia to Melbourne, Australia (VIC)

Rayd
4th August 2005, 03:00 PM
yep the validation was what was wrong accuweather changed the names, thanks all :)