PDA

View Full Version : Hotspot Shield not working with Hulu?

TheKeddi
16th November 2009, 07:22 AM
Hi guys!

i tried to watch Hulu today, downloaded hotspot shield to use it with Hulu but it says that it doesn't work with anonymous clients anymore.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Also with hotspot shield running my internet connection drops to less than dialup, checked on speedtest, turn off HSS and my internet is back to normal. Not that it's super fast anyway ADSL 1 at 1.2mbs.

Any advice would be great! thanks,

Kerri

MrJesseRoss
16th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Yeah, they fixed Hulu so you can't access it so easily from outside the US anymore. It's not Hotspot Shield, it's Hulu itself.

iTy
16th November 2009, 08:00 AM
Been looking into this.

Does TOR still work though? Anyone watching Hulu via TOR?

Also, my brother is on TPG and he has been able to watch Hulu with no additional config (Hotspotshield or TOR). Anyone know how this could work? Is it something with TPG itself?

hamusta
16th November 2009, 08:36 AM
Would also be interested in knowing how to watch Hulu, if possible that is :)

DeanCorp
16th November 2009, 08:40 AM
It is possible, it will just cost you now. You can buy a VPN login that gives you access to UK and US only sites. I think it is roughly $8USD per month.

DeKa
16th November 2009, 08:55 AM
It is possible, it will just cost you now. You can buy a VPN login that gives you access to UK and US only sites. I think it is roughly $8USD per month.

This is interesting .. I just tried VPNing using my corporate VPN to my US VPN server, and Hulu thinks I'm outside the US. I can VPN to my London office to get access to BBC iPlayer. Hulu must be monitoring more than just the IP address you're using?

TheKeddi
16th November 2009, 09:14 AM
I also tried a paid VPN a month or so ago and Hulu wouldn't give me access then either, it sucks, I hate region stuff, why can't we all just watch the same things!