PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pc7

amni
3rd August 2005, 03:22 PM
Just installed VPC7 and it is freaking me out having XP on a Mac. I can run Audiomulch now on my Mac yeah!

Disko
3rd August 2005, 03:30 PM
Make sure you've got the latest update (http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/misc/vpc7_0_2.xml&secid=100&ssid=3&flgnosysreq=True), as it fixes the virtual switch issue in Tiger. :)

Also, there is are additions in virtualPC that you can install into the virtual copy of windows that add a few extra features as well. Be sure to give it plenty of Ram (if you've got it to spare), and crank up the Vram in the settings to make it go full screen. :)

amni
3rd August 2005, 03:32 PM
i have 1 gig left spare space on my Mini hard drive, just ordered the Lacie Mini HD so hope its not too far away!

jerrah
3rd August 2005, 04:13 PM
How well does it run? Are you getting decent performance?

kmcgreg
4th August 2005, 10:34 PM
I have recently switched to mac and have an imac g5 20" 2.0 GHz 400gig drive 2 gig ram. Initially I thought I would need vpc but I only need it for one thing - the ATO - online tax - I have found the tiger to be much better than windoze that I rarely have used it. When I have used it I have found performance to be fairly good, however the audio at times seems to be less than perfect. So I say enjoy the mac and forget vpc unless absolutely necessary. What is wrong with the tax office? Have they a contract with Bill Gate to force us to use windoze..they will be getting the bill in the 2006 tax return.