PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished MBP

whitford
14th November 2009, 10:19 AM
I want to buy 13 inch MBP. Saw this: Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/product/FB990X/A?mco=MTA4MzIzMzA)

Is this the current MBP? And is there really much disadvantage buying a refurbished one?

Thanks...

decryption
14th November 2009, 11:02 AM
It is the current MBP (I have the exact same one) and there's no disadvantage at all. Same warranty, as new condition (comes in plastic wrap like new) and has all the software. Just cheaper!

P.S: if you're going to buy, please use this link (http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=c&z=s&v=936518), so MacTalk gets a commission from the sale :)

iJohn
14th November 2009, 11:03 AM
Yes it is the current one.

Refurb fucken fantastic i bought one about a month ago. It's 2nd mac i bought off the refurb and nothing i can fault them with.

dufus
14th November 2009, 03:52 PM
Ditto

Bought a MBP back in May and would do the same again next time round.

Same warranty, and I couldn't tell it was a refurb just by looking at it. Looked new to me...

jimdrum
14th November 2009, 05:23 PM
I've bought refurbs. before, with no problems at all. Same warranty, looked new. Highly recommended.
Mind you, unless I particularly needed an MBP, I'd be looking at the new unibody Macbook. More ram, bigger hard drive, less money.

muskawo
25th November 2009, 09:57 AM
Hey guys I have been looking at the refurb mbps too, if you buy from the apple store can you still take the computer to any reseller to fix or do you have to send it back to apple?

Mac Ram
25th November 2009, 02:32 PM
Hey guys I have been looking at the refurb mbps too, if you buy from the apple store can you still take the computer to any reseller to fix or do you have to send it back to apple?

When you ring apple with the issue and they are unable to fix over the phone, they will ask you to take it to the nearest authorised repair centre. They also usually contact them with some sort of fault number.

Cassy
26th November 2009, 12:22 PM
My refurb was also in perfect condition, when I spoke to Apple over the phone while ordering, I confirmed with them that they would replace it if there was anything cosmetically wrong with it (even a scratch).

One thing I learnt was they don't offer price protection on refurb products, but very low chance of them lowering the price now!

whitemacbook
3rd December 2009, 06:16 PM
I uhmed and erred between the 2.66 17" refurb @ $1600 bills off or the 2.8 @$499 off.
in the end the 2.8 with the extra storage at 500GB won out

either way you can't beat that with a stickball bat!

nibbles
3rd December 2009, 06:25 PM
Refurbs are a cheap solution, they are absolutely fine. I have bought 2 refurb ipods and couldn't even tell the difference.

No longer available though, It is now out of stock