PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Office v.X on eMac OS 10.5

tokevmur
9th November 2009, 07:04 PM
Hi just bought an eMac for my wife and installed 10.5.x

Everything is running fine except for Microsoft Office v.X which runs just fine on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.1

Everytime I try to run something from the Office suite the application hangs. Have updated to 10.1.19 version of v.X

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joey1983
9th November 2009, 08:53 PM
Not sure if this is relevant to your situation but,

Is it a single user licence?

If so, it won't open on a second mac on the same network.
The second mac will be blocked.

ClockWork
9th November 2009, 09:09 PM
I don't think Microsoft Office vX will run on Mac OS 10.5.0 or higher.
It was designed for Mac OS 10.1 through to Mac OS 10.4.9.

tokevmur
10th November 2009, 12:29 PM
Okay. Tried logging in with another account and Microsoft Office v.X works just fine with that account on the same computer. But still hangs when opened in admin account.

Repaired permissions. Deleted plist. Didn't fix problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

ClockWork
10th November 2009, 12:54 PM
Insert the Microsoft Office v.X CD or disk image. Inside the CD or disk image, open the Value Pack folder, which contains the Remove Office folder.
Open the Remove Office folder and run the Removal app.
When you run Remove Office, it will allow you to remove installations of Microsoft Office 98 through v.X as well as related preferences and system files. Once you have run the program, it places the removed Office components in the Trash.
To be absolutely certain, do a Find or use Spotlight to make absolutely sure no Office components remain on board - anything with the word: Excel should show up components.
Reinstall Office by using the CD's Installer, as opposed to dragging the Microsoft Office folder across.