PDA

View Full Version : Telstra NextG cap plans

csdmac
5th November 2009, 10:25 PM
Hi, hoping someone might confirm if SMS usage and voicemail retrieval is included in the cap or is it only call charges that are inclusive?? Thanks

samuelowens
5th November 2009, 10:45 PM
SMS is in. Don't know about voicemail...

bitingmammal
6th November 2009, 09:20 AM
Voicemail is included too.

csdmac
6th November 2009, 09:49 AM
Now I'm confused. Just been to local Telstra shop to port my number over to a $79 cap and they are telling me that SMS are included in the cap but calls to voicemail are excluded (which seems very odd). Now a Telstra guy over the phone is telling me that they are????? The web-page doesnt offer any real explanation either.
Can anyone else on one of these plans offer more clarity. I appreciate the input of those who have already replied, but I'm just plain confused now!

Soliah
6th November 2009, 11:19 PM
National calls, text messages, picture messages and MessageBank retrieval are all eligible usage for the included cap allowance. Note that some numbers:

eg calls to 13 numbers, data services, international calls, some premium numbers and operator-assisted calls are not included in the cap allowance and will be charged on top.

Edit: Here (http://home.exetel.com.au/soliah/files/3G%20Cap%20terms_conditions.pdf) is a PDF of the terms and conditions in full. Refer to point 2-a where it says MessageBank (ie Voicemail) is included. Also you can safely ignore point 1 where it says you have to purchase a handset. You can easily get a sim only service on 12 month contract.