PDA

View Full Version : Mac game deletes files from Home Folder

mwot
4th November 2009, 04:57 PM
oh, this is funny and kinda reminds me of the Irish computer virus whereby you send an email reading, in effect: "This is an Irish computer virus. Manually delete random files from your system's registry and then forward this email onto everyone in your address book."

From the Mac Observer, 'Lose/Lose Mac “Game” Deletes Your Files with Every Ship Destroyed' (http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/lose_lose_mac_game_deletes_your_files_with_every_s hip_destroyed/):

[A] new Mac game called Lose/Lose ... deletes files in the user's home directory every time the player shoots an alien ship. Destroy a ship, lose a file.

_AM6AN1hTCY

MrJesseRoss
4th November 2009, 05:11 PM
Well it's a good incentive to not lose, I guess.

cosmichobo
4th November 2009, 06:35 PM
Har har.

Reminds me of "virii" for Mac in the early 90's... lot prettier... but still requiring the user to be stupid...

Bosch
4th November 2009, 07:35 PM
still, it'd be a fun way to format the drive :D

ada_lovelace
4th November 2009, 07:54 PM
oh, this is funny and kinda reminds me of the Irish computer virus whereby you send an email reading, in effect: "This is an Irish computer virus. Manually delete random files from your system's registry and then forward this email onto everyone in your address book."

Hee hee, I never heard that one before!

"Registry? Wait, I don't have a registry! ... oh, phew, it's a PC virus."

Beau
4th November 2009, 08:09 PM
still, it'd be a fun way to format the drive :D

Watching your Mac and trying to use it after eating itself from the inside out (sudo rm -rf /) isn't that bad either :p