PDA

View Full Version : Salesforce Integration

zerogeewhiz
31st July 2005, 04:56 PM
Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone has had anything to do with a thing called salesforce.com

My boss likes the Outlook integration but hates everything else about Windows. She's looking for a coder to replicate the functionality.

Anyone know how to do that? sforce.com is a good place to start.

Cheers,

z.

Currawong
31st July 2005, 06:06 PM
The question is, how does it integrate with Outlook? I know that Entourage absorbed the functionalty of Mac Outlook, such as Exchange server connectivity. I'd guess that contact information is handled via VCards or similar - that is the kind of information you need, then, if your boss simply wanted Mac integration, you may only need to buy Office for Mac.

BiRDBRAiN
31st July 2005, 07:27 PM
I would use the phrase 'Exchange Server Integration' in the same sentence as Entourage with GREAT care.

zerogeewhiz
3rd August 2005, 01:22 PM
Hmmm. It creates a tab in Outlook (I think it's a waste of time, but hey, she's the boss) so that stuff in salesforce can be fiddled with.

I'm getting a brief which I'll post.

Cheers,

z.

TorranceTM
3rd August 2005, 02:28 PM
If it is anything like the Microsoft CRM package (which it does from the 5 minute check I did).

Then the requirements for this was:

Client:
Windows XP SP1
Outlook 2003

Server:
Windows Srv 2000
Exchange 2003
SQL 2000
Active Directory 2000 or 2003

It stored the information in SQL and used extensive public folders in Exchange server and required AD for the user management. It was purely a Windows environment product.

If you were looking to build something from scratch on the same guidelines - then good luck......