PDA

View Full Version : Mail and Safari internet connection issues

Fourpaws
30th October 2009, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone

I am running 10.6.1 at the moment and keep having an issue with both Mail and Internet connection (Safafi).

1. Everytime I turn on my mac in the morning (I set my Mail to open at login), Mail asks me to enter my password as it cannot connect me to the server (meaning my internet provider Netspace). I called my internet provider about this and they said it was a problem on their end and that it would be fixed. This was about a month ago. I continue to get this message everytime. Is anybody who is with Netspace getting this issue as well, or is it my system?

2. Sometimes when I go onto Safari, it tells me that it cannot establish an internet connection. I refresh and then it's okay. Is this a Safari thing as it's never happened before and is now occurring regularly.

Any help would be great. Thanks

OldGuyDave
1st November 2009, 09:54 AM
I had a similar problem, the answer was in my router/Modem from Netgear. The damn thing forgot my login details, (don't know why) after I set up my username and password for my ISP it worked OK.
Just a thought.
Cheers:cool:

Fourpaws
1st November 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks for that OldGuyDave.

I'm sorry to sound stupid, but how did you set this up...did you do it via your internet provider or via Mail accounts set up all over again?