PDA

View Full Version : Software Installation Problems

drewbe
29th October 2009, 05:12 AM
I have been trying to install turbocad mac pro v3 on my macbook pro with no luck.I keep getting the error (This installer requires admin privileges to run).
This software is running on another mac which was upgraded to snowleopard, but turbocad was installed before the upgrade. The mackbook pro is also running snowleopard and I have tried repair permissions, changing the permissions for the software installer in /get info and installing from a time machine backup. None of this works. Any help would be appreciated.

Byrd
29th October 2009, 06:43 AM
Sounds like an incompatibility with SL - have you checked the developer's website to see if a patch exists? Otherwise can you install TurboCAD on another Mac and copy it over?

JB

Boney_Ahem
29th October 2009, 07:22 AM
In the past I've had issues with with being unable to install certain software via my Standard Acct. The same software installed beautifully once I switched over to my Admin Acct.

There was no rhyme or reason and I received random error messages and switching over to an Admin Acct was just a long shot that brought home the bacon.

Having said that, if you are already running from as Admin then the above advice is of no use.