PDA

View Full Version : Consume for iPhone: Optus, Telstra, Vodafone, 3, iiNet, Internode usage + more

Pages : [1] 2

marc
23rd October 2009, 09:41 AM
Consume for iPhone (http://bjango.com/apps/consume/)

Devour as much as possible of your phone and internet plan, with the best mobile phone, broadband and home phone usage monitor around, with 20 supported Australian and New Zealand providers.

Lots of providers
A really wide range of Australian and New Zealand phone carriers and Australian ISPs (full list below or here: Consume by Bjango: Supported providers (http://bjango.com/help/consume/providers/)).

Multiple accounts.
Monitor as many accounts at once as you like.

Recipe updates
'Recipes' tell the app how to grab usage data from the various providers. These can be updated from our server at any time, so we can respond and fix issues within minutes or hours, rather than going through the App Store approval process. This is huge.

Easy set up
Generally, you only need to enter some details for your provider (these are denoted with a *).

Twitter
Twitter integration that includes support for all the good iPhone apps: Tweetie, Twitterrific, SimplyTweet, Birdfeed and Twittelator Pro. And yep, we realise that it's mostly pointless, but we needed to write the code so we can use it in our other apps anyway :P It's pretty smart about how it works and only shows the options for the apps you have installed.

More providers via Recipe updates
We'll add more providers over time. These can also be done from the server via Recipe updates. This will allow us to do very wide and rapid beta testing for more providers, plus add them instantly.

http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-usage-vodafone.jpg http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-usage-iinet.jpg
http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-usage-optuspre.jpg http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-welcome.jpg
http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-settings.jpg http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-editprovider.jpg

New Zealand mobile providers:
Vodafone (Postpaid)

Australian mobile providers:
Optus (Prepaid & Postpaid)
Telstra (Prepaid & Postpaid)
Virgin (Prepaid & Postpaid)
Vodafone (Prepaid & Postpaid)
3 (Postpaid)

Australian broadband providers:
AAPT
Adam
Bigpond
Exetel ADSL
iiNet
Internode
Netspace
Netspeed
Optus
People Telecom
Telstra Wireless (Prepaid)
TPG
Vodafone Wireless (Prepaid)
Westnet
3 Wireless (Postpaid)

Australian home phone providers:
Telstra Home

Consume was submitted to Apple last night, and should be available in a couple of weeks. Price will be announced on the day of release.

More info: Consume, an iPhone app by Bjango (http://bjango.com/apps/consume/)

Follow us on Twitter to be notified about updates: Bjango (bjango) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/bjango)

Devil rolla
23rd October 2009, 09:47 AM
Downloading it asa-it's available, looks delicious, mu ha ha

tcn33
23rd October 2009, 09:50 AM
WANT.

Damn that looks sexy. Nice idea on the Recipes too.

adriel
23rd October 2009, 09:57 AM
Very nice, (waits for Slingshot NZ support :) )

Then ill buy it.

Al Aero
23rd October 2009, 09:59 AM
Looks so good!

cant wait to get it!!

Nice work boys and girls at Bjango

Apoptosis
23rd October 2009, 10:02 AM
Once Three mobile is supported I may move to Consume. Until then iiQuota shall have to suffice.

Consume sure is a more pretty and concise UI!

marc
23rd October 2009, 10:03 AM
If you have lots of Twitter apps installed, this is what you see :)

http://bjango.com/images/apps/consume/consume-twitter.jpg

waits for Slingshot NZ support
Please get in touch: Contact Bjango (http://bjango.com/contact/)

If anyone else would like their provider supported, please contact us. Due to the nature of Recipes, we might even be able to add support for your provider BEFORE Consume is released.

adriel
23rd October 2009, 10:30 AM
Very pleased to see that their might be hope for me yet :)
(sent in a query)

I must admit that Recipes idea is a genius one at that.

decryption
23rd October 2009, 12:05 PM
Looks awesome guys - hope it hits the app store soon!

grfxninja
23rd October 2009, 12:29 PM
Why do you tease us so?!!

That looks so damn good! And I agree, the "Recipes" idea is genius

CC is ready… fingers tapping on desk… cmon Apple, get your shit together already!

marc
23rd October 2009, 02:02 PM
Why do you tease us so?!!
If we could release it right now, we definitely would! The wait is the worst bit. Gets very stressful around the 8 day mark.

marc
23rd October 2009, 03:51 PM
What does it look like when you're on a path to be over your quota?

http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/forumbits/voda-goingover.jpg

matthew858
23rd October 2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, after commenting in the MacTalk Podcast Ustream chat all those months ago asking marc whether he would make a usage app and having him reply with "too hard", it's amazing too see just how good Bjango are at making iPhone applications. It looks absolutely amazing, and the effort you put into your apps is astounding.

iFanboy
23rd October 2009, 04:37 PM
Do you have support for Tweetie 2?

Beau
23rd October 2009, 05:18 PM
Now we just need a Mac version. :P

@iFanboy: Tweetie 2 = Tweetie = Tweetie 2 as far as the iPhone OS is concerned when posting to it from other apps (they both use tweetie://). Just make sure you only have one installed or it'll get confused.

marc
23rd October 2009, 07:35 PM
Oh! We forgot to tell everyone about a really cool feature! We have email support built right into the app, including the ability to attach your HTML usage pages. So if you're experiencing issues you can email us with a few taps and we can fix the issue via a Recipe update.

Nice and simple, but also VERY quick.

Wow, after commenting in the MacTalk Podcast Ustream chat all those months ago asking marc whether he would make a usage app and having him reply with "too hard", it's amazing too see just how good Bjango are at making iPhone applications. It looks absolutely amazing, and the effort you put into your apps is astounding.
Thank you. I really hope you like the app when you get the chance to use it. In hindsight, it was quite difficult :P

One thing you guys haven't seen: The way the UI animates! We'll make a video soon so you can see it.

Do you have support for Tweetie 2?
Yep.

It's our Twitter app of choice, so that was first priority.

grfxninja
23rd October 2009, 07:46 PM
It may be obvious, but let's just say it's Friday and I can't be bothered making the connection…

What exactly are you sending when you "Send to Twitter"?

marc
23rd October 2009, 08:02 PM
What exactly are you sending when you "Send to Twitter"?
My current Vodafone Postpaid usage is $282.02 (78%) and 44MB (4%). http://tr.im/consumeapp (http://twitter.com/marcedwards/status/5093332935)

Because the message is opened in your Twitter app of choice (or Safari), you can edit it to suit.

grfxninja
23rd October 2009, 08:13 PM
Seriously? why bother. surely no-one cares how much you are spending on your phone/data accounts? And if people do want to know this stuff, I would seriously suggest they get out a bit more…

No offence intended Marc, it looks like a fantastic app and I will definitely be buying as soon as it's available, but this send to Twitter feature seems like a feature just for the sake of… well… I don't really know to be honest…

marc
23rd October 2009, 08:18 PM
this send to Twitter feature seems like a feature just for the sake of… well… I don't really know to be honest…
Yep. It's not that handy. However, we were building the Twitter engine for our other apps (where it will be much more useful), so it was a very easy thing to include.

matthew858
23rd October 2009, 08:40 PM
Yep. It's not that handy. However, we were building the Twitter engine for our other apps (where it will be much more useful), so it was a very easy thing to include.

Are these new apps or current apps? I doubt people want to know how much CPU you're using in iStat as well for example

marc
23rd October 2009, 08:42 PM
Are these new apps or current apps?
New apps.

Soliah
23rd October 2009, 11:31 PM
Just wondering if Consume has been tested with a Telstra account with multiple services? Say 2 or more mobile services?

marc
24th October 2009, 12:10 AM
Just wondering if Consume has been tested with a Telstra account with multiple services? Say 2 or more mobile services?
Yes. We have quite a few accounts and HTML pages for all providers to test with*. We also purchased a NextG modem and Telstra Prepaid sim** and they're linked on the one account. So while I can't guarantee with 100% certainty it'll work with your account, we have tested quite a bit and we can always fix any issues via a Recipe update.

We've also tested with multiple instances/phones/sims on one account for other providers, including Internode (it's late, so I can't remember the others right now). If anyone has an account they think is a little obscure and wants us to test it in Consume, then please get in touch (http://bjango.com/contact/).

* Thanks everyone on MacTalk who helped out... we really appreciate it and have something to give back. More on that later :)
** I now have lots of prepaid sim cards in my name: 2x Telstra, 2x Virgin and 1x Optus, as well as my main postpaid sim. That probably puts me on some kind of terrorist list at ASIO HQ. Eip.

Just make sure you only have one installed or it'll get confused.
Because you said that and I was curious, I just *had* to reinstall Tweetie 1 and try it out. Consume opened Tweetie 2 to post. I'm not sure why. Maybe the OS choses the app with the highest version number?

Anyway, it worked :)

MightyAtom
24th October 2009, 02:02 AM
It's not listed in the first post, but is there any chance Consume will support Virgin prepaid broadband? I'm happy to provide my usage page if needed.

Aladdin
24th October 2009, 08:12 AM
Yes. We have quite a few accounts and HTML pages for all providers to test with*. We also purchased a NextG modem and Telstra Prepaid sim** and they're linked on the one account. So while I can't guarantee with 100% certainty it'll work with your account, we have tested quite a bit and we can always fix any issues via a Recipe update.

Hooray for 'multiple mobiles on one Telstra account' support. Hope it will cope with the 4 mobiles (and 1 landline) on the same Telstra Business account. *crosses fingers*

Will test it out when app is released.

Bjango
24th October 2009, 09:03 AM
It's not listed in the first post, but is there any chance Consume will support Virgin prepaid broadband? I'm happy to provide my usage page if needed.

Hooray for 'multiple mobiles on one Telstra account' support. Hope it will cope with the 4 mobiles (and 1 landline) on the same Telstra Business account. *crosses fingers*

Will test it out when app is released.

Could you both please email us your usage page source to usage@bjango.com and we will do what we can to make sure they work.
Guide on how to do it is available at http://forums.mactalk.com.au/39/71016-bjango-usage-app-optus-virgin-vodafone-iinet-more.html

Beau
24th October 2009, 10:15 AM

We've also tested with multiple instances/phones/sims on one account for other providers, including Internode (it's late, so I can't remember the others right now). If anyone has an account they think is a little obscure and wants us to test it in Consume, then please get in touch (http://bjango.com/contact/).

* Thanks everyone on MacTalk who helped out... we really appreciate it and have something to give back. More on that later :)
** I now have lots of prepaid sim cards in my name: 2x Telstra, 2x Virgin and 1x Optus, as well as my main postpaid sim. That probably puts me on some kind of terrorist list at ASIO HQ. Eip.

Because you said that and I was curious, I just *had* to reinstall Tweetie 1 and try it out. Consume opened Tweetie 2 to post. I'm not sure why. Maybe the OS choses the app with the highest version number?

Anyway, it worked :)

It was a problem when Tweetie 2 came out for those using twitter push notifications apps (Boxcar, iTweetReply, etc) that still had Tweetie 1 on their devices. It'd keep opening Tweetie 1 even though Tweetie 2 had been installed.

Bjango
24th October 2009, 10:20 AM

Can confirm the following...

Postpaid - We have tested fetching call usage with an account with 1 mobile and 1 landline so 2 mobiles should work fine. We have also tested fetching data usage on an account with 2 mobiles.

Prepaid - We have tested 2 phones on a single account

Feel free to email us your usage page source and we can test it anyway (see 2 posts above for directions).

marc
24th October 2009, 10:41 AM
It was a problem when Tweetie 2 came out for those using twitter push notifications apps (Boxcar, iTweetReply, etc) that still had Tweetie 1 on their devices. It'd keep opening Tweetie 1 even though Tweetie 2 had been installed.
Ah ok.

I wonder why it wasn't an issue for me testing Consume? I'd love to know the criteria iPhone OS uses when there's a conflict in URL schemes. Do you have any info on it?

Beau
24th October 2009, 11:02 AM
According to your initial post, you say you support 'Telstra Home' for landlines; what about corporate/business customers?

Currently our landline is a business service from Telstra, whereas my mobile service is a personal service. However they're both on the same account (and hence bill), and as such for online billing, it's all provided via Telstra's corporate bill system due to the business landline.

What happens here? Will I get landline support in addition to mobile support? Or am I completely out of the loop for now?

Bjango
24th October 2009, 11:24 AM
According to your initial post, you say you support 'Telstra Home' for landlines; what about corporate/business customers?

We haven't tested with business accounts. Can you please send an email to usage@bjango.com and we will try to help you out.

matthew858
24th October 2009, 11:44 AM
Ah ok.

I wonder why it wasn't an issue for me testing Consume? I'd love to know the criteria iPhone OS uses when there's a conflict in URL schemes. Do you have any info on it?

From testing internal versions of iTweetReply with Tweetie and Tweetie 2, the only thing I can find is that the OS records URL schemes with product identifiers (com.companyname.productname), and the only pattern I can find is that the product identifiers are recorded in alphabetical order, and whichever occurs last will be opened, although this is isn't always exact 100% of the time.

DJY
24th October 2009, 02:02 PM
This looks great!

Now I've jut changed to a casual plan on my new Telstra NextG Turbo 21 USB modem + home ADSL internode - I'm very keen to get this!!!!

Don't know if I will worry about my primary mobile and home phones - as they are post paid Telstra -and I just get billed...

But another great looking amazing app from you guys!
Fingers crossed Apple process it quickly!

marc
24th October 2009, 02:05 PM
Now I've jut changed to a casual plan on my new Telstra NextG Turbo 21 USB modem + home ADSL internode - I'm very keen to get this!!!!
Can you please email usage at bjango dot com with your HTML usage page, so we can confirm that everything works?

DJY
24th October 2009, 02:14 PM
Can you please email usage at bjango dot com with your HTML usage page, so we can confirm that everything works?

done (for Telstra turbo21 USB modem - on a Causal Plan...
same URL though is where I view my iPhone datapack as well...
so there are two mobile numbers in a drop down list to choose from.

Hopefully my email and attachments is what you were after.

marc
24th October 2009, 03:43 PM
So now you've all seen some screenshots and read a bit of info about Consume, is there anything we're missing?

tcn33
24th October 2009, 03:52 PM
Not sure how practical it would be to push an alert or badge when quota has been neared or exceeded, but that would be the only thing I could think of.

matthew858
24th October 2009, 04:17 PM
Not sure how practical it would be to push an alert or badge when quota has been neared or exceeded, but that would be the only thing I could think of.

The only issue with that is that Bjango have to store personal data of everyone's mobile accounts on their server, then periodically check every account of all users.

marc
24th October 2009, 04:21 PM
Currently we don't store any user data on our server. All the fetching and processing is done on your phone itself, so security-wise, we don't ever get your details.

For us to have push notifications we'd probably need to start using our server to fetch your data and check the usage... meaning we have your username and password, plus it'd increase the load on our server by a large amount.

Push would be a good feature, but I'd be dubious of any app that did it for usage.

Edit: matthew858 beat me to it. Cool feature, but doesn't have a good implementation with the current SDK.

Also, we do have some good stuff planned for future updates. This is just version 1.

tcn33
24th October 2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll wait until I get to play with Consume and then maybe I'll come up with something actually practical :p

Vaempyr
24th October 2009, 05:18 PM
Looks good. Hopefully 3 support is coming soon; I've emailed you the source that Chrome spits out ... hope it helps!

Suggestions:
1) On the page that shows that you're likely to go over your cap, perhaps show (a) the expected date you'll hit your limit and (b) the projected amount you will exceed your limit by at your current rate of usage.

2) The ability to display usage by dollars or Mb, or percentage.

Cheers!

matthew858
24th October 2009, 08:38 PM
With the custom URL thing, you can also open an app using its product identifier. I saw this bit of code:

- (BOOL)tweetie_2_x_isInstalled { return [[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"com.atebits.Tweetie2:"]]; }

So it appears that opening "com.atebits.Tweetie2" is valid and will remove all confusion over custom URL schemes.

ziggotron
25th October 2009, 12:00 AM
Any word on a Three Recipe? :D

Also, I love the look of the app, but these two things just look a bit wrong:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/lil_naruto/Screenshot2009-10-25at125131AM.png

That 'street' font looks really out of place, and I know that the top-bar matches the usage bars but the gradients on it just look really odd in that context.

dekco
25th October 2009, 12:59 AM
what can i expect the app to sell for?

Bjango
25th October 2009, 10:14 AM
Any word on a Three Recipe? :D

For some providers we are willing to add support just based on the usage page samples people have sent us. For others we aren't willing to add support without having a login to test with. From what we know about the Three system we aren't going to add support until we have a login. If we don't have a login it means we have to guess how things will work but some systems are just too complex to do that.

We have been pretty lucky so far. We have been able to get logins for every provider we support but we haven't got one for Three yet so at this stage Three support is on the wishlist.

Bjango
25th October 2009, 10:15 AM
what can i expect the app to sell for?

We will announce the price at launch. We can say that the price will be very competitive.

Soliah
25th October 2009, 11:53 AM
I just sent a message through on Contact Bjango (http://bjango.com/contact/) and just realised I forgot to mention something.

This is regarding Telstra Usage accounts. I noticed that nowhere in the online billing does it show what type of plans I'm on. So will Consume be able to show the $xx of $xx with Telstra?

marc
25th October 2009, 03:03 PM
This is regarding Telstra Usage accounts. I noticed that nowhere in the online billing does it show what type of plans I'm on. So will Consume be able to show the $xx of $xx with Telstra?
Postpaid accounts show $xx of $xx. Telstra (unfortunately) requires you to tell consume your monthly cap, but almost all other providers can work it out automatically.

Also, I love the look of the app, but these two things just look a bit wrong
Fair call. The handwritten font is only used once and only on the welcome screen, so if you don't like it you don't have to look at it much :)

NeoRicen
25th October 2009, 04:04 PM
I'd like to say two things:
1. This looks awesome. There are tons of usage apps, but none of them put any effort into design like you guys do.
2. Showing it off now, before it's available, is just mean.

marc
25th October 2009, 04:47 PM
1. This looks awesome. There are tons of usage apps, but none of them put any effort into design like you guys do.
Thank you.

2. Showing it off now, before it's available, is just mean.
Sorry. All going well, it should be released in a week or so!

matthew858
25th October 2009, 07:11 PM
Just a quick suggestion - I've played with it for a bit, but there are numerous times when I only want to have a quick look at data I already have, or when I am using a SIM card that doesn't have a data pack. Is it possible to add a switch in settings so we don't have to check for usage data every time the app is opened?

Beau
25th October 2009, 07:27 PM
Just a quick suggestion - I've played with it for a bit, but there are numerous times when I only want to have a quick look at data I already have, or when I am using a SIM card that doesn't have a data pack. Is it possible to add a switch in settings so we don't have to check for usage data every time the app is opened?

Ditto - maybe a user set cache? e.g., maybe refresh once a day, or once every six hours or something?

marc
25th October 2009, 07:44 PM
Keep the suggestions coming. We'll be submitting an update quite soon after launch and have a few things planned.

lazychef
25th October 2009, 08:39 PM
Have to say this is looking really really cool. It is so aesthetically pleasing, can't wait to replace my current usage app for internet with this one. Plus I will be able to add my Optus usage too, though I don't really need to check it, it would be nice to have them in the one app!

:D

Aladdin
25th October 2009, 08:50 PM
Could you both please email us your usage page source to usage@bjango.com and we will do what we can to make sure they work.
Guide on how to do it is available at http://forums.mactalk.com.au/39/71016-bjango-usage-app-optus-virgin-vodafone-iinet-more.html

I'm still waiting for Telstra to migrate 2 mobile phones across. Will email you once all is sorted.

Beau
25th October 2009, 08:57 PM
Would just like to confirm that this is working with my corporate/business (landline) Telstra account if anyone was wondering :-)

Joey1983
25th October 2009, 10:15 PM
Looks awesome, can't wait to get it once it's out.

Mecha
26th October 2009, 01:41 AM
I just want to echo everyone else in this thread by saying this is by far the best looking usage app out. And by a long margin.

marc
26th October 2009, 04:44 PM
QLGPGsqRLgw

YouTube - Creating the interface for Consume, an iPhone app (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGPGsqRLgw)

Jordan M
26th October 2009, 05:08 PM
Looks great, cant wait for the release :)

Did you guys get my email with login details for Virgin Prepaid Broadband?

marc
26th October 2009, 05:30 PM
Did you guys get my email with login details for Virgin Prepaid Broadband?
Yep. Thanks (sorry for the slow reply).

Working on it now.

gamblor
27th October 2009, 01:11 PM
to the (ii)Quota team and Southfreo in particular:

Hope you didn't quit your day jobs!

maclab
27th October 2009, 01:21 PM

I would be surprised if even marc appreciated this comment

Apoptosis
27th October 2009, 01:25 PM

I would be surprised if even marc appreciated this comment

Yeah; that's pretty unwarranted.

gamblor
27th October 2009, 01:48 PM
Oh please. Everyone has been politely tip-toeing around comparing it to iiQuota.

Not meant as an insult, simply saying that this app is looking pretty darn good and that it will blow the competition out of the water. Especially the recipes feature - if server or HTML changes are made then Consume can be updated in hours instead of weeks.

gamblor
27th October 2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe I am a douche for the way I delivered my opinion, but a large amount of people have no doubt been thinking the same thing for some time. And if Southfreo hasn't thought about it himself yet, maybe he should.

I purchased and own iiQuota, I use it daily, but on three occasions this year an ISP has changed their site and I haven't been able to access my usage. This has been for up to 2 weeks at a time.

If I pay for a product to do something, then a developer has an obligation to make sure that it does what it is supposed to do. It isn't my fault if someone has come up with a better way to do it.

marc
27th October 2009, 04:19 PM
While we'd be really happy if Consume does well, we certainly wish our competitors the best of luck (especially when they're hard-working, local indy devs). The market is probably big enough for a few successful apps like this.

Having said all that, when Consume's released I'd love to see a blow by blow comparison to other apps. Feedback like that would help us ensure we improve the areas where Consume might be weaker. It'd probably help Southfreo too, which is a good thing.

While we're on the topic of improving... we're still adding provider support, so get in touch (http://bjango.com/contact/) if your carrier or ISP isn't supported yet. Because of Recipes, it's likely we'll launch with quite a few more providers than we've already announced.

Apoptosis
27th October 2009, 06:03 PM
Have you had anyone provide details for a Three mobile account yet?

matthew858
27th October 2009, 06:09 PM
While we're on the topic of improving... we're still adding provider support, so get in touch (http://bjango.com/contact/) if your carrier or ISP isn't supported yet. Because of Recipes, it's likely we'll launch with quite a few more providers than we've already announced.

Oh wow, you can add new providers without an update? That's really cool! This app just keeps getting better :)

marc
27th October 2009, 06:15 PM
Have you had anyone provide details for a Three mobile account yet?
We have. Having more HTML pages always helps though, so please send them through!

Oh wow, you can add new providers without an update? That's really cool! This app just keeps getting better :)
Can and have :) Consume will launch with more providers than we've announced already.

Apoptosis
27th October 2009, 06:19 PM
We have. Having more HTML pages always helps though, so please send them through!

Can and have :) Consume will launch with more providers than we've announced already.

Where shall I send them? The link at the beginning? Bearing in mind these details are a little more sensitive than a HTML usage page. If you have the logins for users accounts you can make all sorts of changes...

marc
27th October 2009, 06:25 PM
Where shall I send them? The link at the beginning? Bearing in mind these details are a little more sensitive than a HTML usage page. If you have the logins for users accounts you can make all sorts of changes...
Please get in touch via the contact form (http://bjango.com/contact/) on our site (if you choose Consume from the Nature of enquiry list it'll go straight to a specific email addy for Consume). Completely understand if you don't want to send a login though. We do treat any info like that with the upmost respect and are grateful for the help. Also, you can change your password in a couple of days if that helps.

Apoptosis
27th October 2009, 06:37 PM
Please get in touch via the contact form (http://bjango.com/contact/) on our site (if you choose Consume from the Nature of enquiry list it'll go straight to a specific email addy for Consume). Completely understand if you don't want to send a login though. We do treat any info like that with the upmost respect and are grateful for the help. Also, you can change your password in a couple of days if that helps.

Cheers, all I wanted to know :)

I just changed all the details to temp ones to give to you but seems I must have made a mistake clicking on their stupid 'keypads' thing and I've locked myself out of the account! :mad:

Will have to fix that first now :(

Bjango
27th October 2009, 06:59 PM
Cheers, all I wanted to know :)

I just changed all the details to temp ones to give to you but seems I must have made a mistake clicking on their stupid 'keypads' thing and I've locked myself out of the account! :mad:

Will have to fix that first now :(

Could you email us the page you get when trying to login with a locked account. We have support for notifying users about account problems but we haven't got anything for locked Three accounts yet.

southfreo
27th October 2009, 08:15 PM
I guess I should comment on this since I do read these forums. It seems some people have already chosen which usage app you prefer based on Marcs preview screenshots. I must say it does look well presented but I think most people will judge the product fairly against Quota after using it daily.

I'm also interested in a side by side comparison and I suspect there will be pro/cons to each application.

Quota V11 will be submitted soon and also contains some new innovative technology, I'll post more when a preview is ready..

As always if you have constructive criticism or comments for Quota please post on the thread here on Mactalk or on whirlpool and I will get back to you. If you have decided on purchasing Consume, that's great also....

Competition breeds excellence as they say.

rustyshelf
27th October 2009, 09:20 PM
Let's face it, most of us have probably already bought (ii)Quota. Southfreo has already got his money, so if we buy consume as well then no big deal. It's like people that buy Oz Weather and Pocket Weather AU to compare them. Sure I'd love it if they chose Pocket Weather for their daily use, but I'm not going to get angry if they try out the competition :slant: ... I may break their legs if I see them in the street...but I certainly wouldn't get angry :p

Competition drives better features, better usability, and is in the end better for the user ;)

bennyling
27th October 2009, 09:54 PM
Competition drives better features, better usability, and is in the end better for the user ;)

Exactly. Think where the iPhone would be if we didn't get to laugh at the Pre's pathetic excuse for copy and paste, Android's "Google-centric" ness, or even WinMo's vast number of insecurities.

Actually, now that I think about it, those probably aren't the best examples ever.

Apoptosis
27th October 2009, 11:27 PM
Just emailed via the Consume support page the source of the locked out mythree page.

Cheers

marc
27th October 2009, 11:55 PM
Just emailed via the Consume support page the source of the locked out mythree page.
That'll be really handy. Thank you.

MrJesseRoss
28th October 2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks for alerting me to Quota! What a great app, very useful. Of course I'll be checking out Consume as well but for now Quota's doing the job. Especially as it has 3 support. :)

marc
28th October 2009, 11:03 AM
Especially as it has 3 support.
Consume has 3 postpaid mobile and broadband support now :) Go-go-gadget-Recipes!

If anyone has a 3 prepaid mobile, please say hi.

Soliah
28th October 2009, 12:34 PM
I sent you guys an enquiry via the contact form a few days ago and haven't heard anything back :( Hopefully i didn't make a typo in the email field or something. (It was regarding an account with 9 mobiles and also Telstra Business Broadband).

Should I send an email instead?

marc
28th October 2009, 01:04 PM
I sent you guys an enquiry via the contact form a few days ago and haven't heard anything back
Sorry! Just replied. We've had quite a few emails, so it's been a little hard to keep track of everything. We think we have support for accounts with several mobiles (like yours), but it'd be great to check.

Soliah
28th October 2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry! Just replied. We've had quite a few emails, so it's been a little hard to keep track of everything. We think we have support for accounts with several mobiles (like yours), but it'd be great to check.

Sent you the usage pages. Hope you got them ok :)

MrJesseRoss
28th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Consume has 3 postpaid mobile and broadband support now :) Go-go-gadget-Recipes!

If anyone has a 3 prepaid mobile, please say hi.

Very nice. This 'Recipes' thing seems quite handy for non-update updating!

marc
28th October 2009, 03:51 PM
Very nice. This 'Recipes' thing seems quite handy for non-update updating!
Sure is. 3's not the only provider we'll be adding over the next few days.

Any other providers we've missed?

terrydavidphoto
28th October 2009, 09:12 PM
Heya, Please add support for Virgin Mobile Broadband. I m happy to hand over user details/logins....

marc
28th October 2009, 11:45 PM
Heya, Please add support for Virgin Mobile Broadband. I m happy to hand over user details/logins....
Please send the info to usage at bjango.com.

marc
29th October 2009, 10:23 PM
We're still after someone who can help out with 3 prepaid. We'd really appreciate it!

Aaron
29th October 2009, 10:38 PM
Wow. This app looks really amazing, can't wait to try it out.

Good work @bjango :)

marc
30th October 2009, 06:07 PM
Still waiting... c'mon Apple!

We now have Consume 1.0, iStat 1.2, Phases 3.1 and Darkness 2.3 in review for approval. We're doing our best to keep the Apple App review team busy!

ts10
30th October 2009, 09:31 PM
Still waiting... c'mon Apple!

We now have Consume 1.0, iStat 1.2, Phases 3.1 and Darkness 2.3 in review for approval. We're doing our best to keep the Apple App review team busy!

Very patiently waiting for this. C'mon Apple!

The Loyal
5th November 2009, 07:07 AM
Gah! Any news yet? This wait is killing me.

Dare
5th November 2009, 01:13 PM
We're still after someone who can help out with 3 prepaid. We'd really appreciate it!

I've got a 3 prepaid broadband account with credit at the moment...

Aaron
5th November 2009, 01:24 PM
I want consume. This is balls. :(

marc
5th November 2009, 02:00 PM
Gah! Any news yet? This wait is killing me.
None yet unfortunately. Judging by previous releases, we *should* be less than 72 hours away from release, but there's no way to be sure.

I've got a 3 prepaid broadband account with credit at the moment...
Thanks! PM sent.

lazychef
8th November 2009, 08:16 AM
Downloading now!
How exciting :D

incanspyder
11th November 2009, 09:42 PM
downloaded, been waiting for ages to get this. beautiful. however, is there a support forum or is this it?

i have a problem - I'm on Optus prepaid, and the app is only showing me the "MyCredit" while all others e.g. "MyBonus" and Free Calls, etc, are either "-" or "$0.00" even though they seem fine on the Optus page. Any fix for this?

marc
11th November 2009, 11:04 PM
downloaded, been waiting for ages to get this. beautiful. however, is there a support forum or is this it?
We'll answer any questions here, or on Twitter (http://twitter.com/bjango), or via email (http://bjango.com/contact/) or on Get Satisfaction (http://getsatisfaction.com/bjango) or within the app itself.

Any way you'd like to contact us is fine :)

i have a problem - I'm on Optus prepaid, and the app is only showing me the "MyCredit" while all others e.g. "MyBonus" and Free Calls, etc, are either "-" or "$0.00" even though they seem fine on the Optus page. Any fix for this?
Please send us your usage data with a note about the problems you're seeing.

Instructions on how to send your usage can be found here: Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

Edit: Please continue discussion in this thread: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/39/76482-consume-released-optus-telstra-vodafone-iinet-internode-usage-more.html

incanspyder
12th November 2009, 10:00 AM
ah, will do. thanks mate.

surprisingly, it started working fine this morning. should've just trusted you guys to have already had it perfect!

ziggotron
19th November 2009, 12:36 PM
Consume isn't really bringing up accurate credit or data details for my Three postpaid account. I'm $18.50 over my cap and it says I've only used $47.50. None of my data usage is displayed either.

If there's anything you need to fix this, I'll be glad to provide it.

marc
19th November 2009, 01:06 PM
Consume isn't really bringing up accurate credit or data details for my Three postpaid account. I'm $18.50 over my cap and it says I've only used $47.50. None of my data usage is displayed either.
So Consume is showing different information to the 3 website?

If there's anything you need to fix this, I'll be glad to provide it.
Thanks. Sending your usage data in with a note about the issues you're seeing would be a huge help: Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

ziggotron
19th November 2009, 03:26 PM
Just sent off the details, it's pulling data from the Three website fine, but it's just not pulling the right info that you need to understand the usage from the caps.

spetznatz
3rd December 2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Marc,

I didn't change anything today in the app, but consume shows the splash screen then exists. Have tried restarting iPhone etc.

I have information in there that worked correctly for a Telstra postpaid account and an Optusnet account..

marc
3rd December 2009, 08:55 AM
I didn't change anything today in the app, but consume shows the splash screen then exists. Have tried restarting iPhone etc.
Hmm. Sounds like a crash. Which providers are you using?

Trying item 2 or 3 on this help doc should solve the issue: Reinstalling and restoring iPhone apps (http://bjango.com/help/restoringdefaultsettings/)

2. Reinstalling an iPhone app
Uncheck the app’s name under the Applications tab for your iPhone in iTunes.
Click Sync (this will uninstall the app on your iPhone).
Recheck the app’s name under the Applications tab.
Click Sync again to reinstall the app.

3. Restoring an iPhone app to its default settings
Delete the app on your iPhone by holding on the app’s icon for a couple of seconds (hold until the icons start to wiggle), then tap the ‘x’ in the top left corner of the app icon, then tap Delete.
Launch the App Store app.
Search for the app and tap the price to buy it. You should not be charged for any app you’ve already purchased.
Wait for the app to download and install.

angusg
7th February 2010, 01:27 PM
Hmm. Sounds like a crash. Which providers are you using?

Trying item 2 or 3 on this help doc should solve the issue: Reinstalling and restoring iPhone apps (http://bjango.com/help/restoringdefaultsettings/)

2. Reinstalling an iPhone app
Uncheck the app’s name under the Applications tab for your iPhone in iTunes.
Click Sync (this will uninstall the app on your iPhone).
Recheck the app’s name under the Applications tab.
Click Sync again to reinstall the app.

3. Restoring an iPhone app to its default settings
Delete the app on your iPhone by holding on the app’s icon for a couple of seconds (hold until the icons start to wiggle), then tap the ‘x’ in the top left corner of the app icon, then tap Delete.
Launch the App Store app.
Search for the app and tap the price to buy it. You should not be charged for any app you’ve already purchased.
Wait for the app to download and install.

Item 2 will also restore the app to it's default settings.

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think it will charge you again if you purchase the app from the App store on the phone (but not in iTunes) if your IMEI number's changed (warranty/exchange/upgrade etc)

Is there anyway at all to get Vodafone to show my remaining text messages/bonus and amount due/due date etc??

I bought consume because all the graphs in Quota were getting a bit too busy. I like the more simplistic layout of Consume but would prefer that info there too.

ipsyd
12th February 2010, 02:46 PM
On the usage screen, what do those little white triangular indicators mean/do?

angusg
12th February 2010, 02:51 PM
On the usage screen, what do those little white triangular indicators mean/do?
They show you how far along into your billing cycle you are

ipsyd
12th February 2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks, angusg - should have been obvious but they looked so much like flippy triangles (Apple interface element) that I kept trying to click them to disclose more info. D'uh!!

@spetznatz re crash on launch...
I had a similar issue, which applied to all DRMed apps, not only Consume. I discovered it was caused by aborting a computer/iPhone sync when I didn't have time to wait for it to finish. Once I reconnected the cable to my Mac and allowed the computer-iPhone sync to finish properly, all was OK.

angusg
12th February 2010, 03:53 PM
Is there anyway at all to get Vodafone to show my remaining text messages/bonus and amount due/due date etc??

OK so I just realised if I still have SMS's remaining it'll show, but is there any way to show my outstanding ammount/due date etc??

marc
21st February 2010, 09:44 AM
Vodafone NZ have a new login system, so we've released a new Vodafone NZ Recipe (version 4.5). Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

Consume 1.6 is almost finished. More news on that soon.

s there any way to show my outstanding ammount/due date etc??

Not currently.

matthew858
21st February 2010, 09:49 AM
Idea - you often go under or over your allotted usage for the time, but using the arrows and red bars, it's hard to figure out. My suggestion is an extra line of text with something like "853MB Under", then you know that you have that amount of internet to spare for the moment, or if you're 15GB over, you need to slow down a fair bit. Although the red bars and white arrows are good, they just lack accuracy.

marc
21st February 2010, 09:55 AM
When we have space, we usually show the amount you can use each day to fill your quota.

Examples:
http://bjango.com/images/help/consume/screenshots/consume-internode-sml.jpg http://bjango.com/images/help/consume/screenshots/consume-iinet-sml.jpg http://bjango.com/images/help/consume/screenshots/consume-vodafoneaus-sml.jpg

There isn't space with all providers to do that though (with the current data density).

matthew858
23rd February 2010, 08:50 PM
Oh, I was thinking of how much data you can just use at once to get to where is recommended for your current limit.

marc
24th February 2010, 12:25 PM
Consume 1.6 will be submitted to Apple soon. It contains all kinds of improvements and new providers, but one of the biggest changes is the entirely new settings pages. Here's some previews:

http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/bjango/consume1-6-settings.png http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/bjango/consume1-6-countries.png

http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/bjango/consume1-6-tips.png http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/bjango/consume1-6-about.png

gehenna
24th February 2010, 12:31 PM
Any clues as to the new providers or is that a "wait and see"? :)

marc
24th February 2010, 12:48 PM
It's a wait and see for now, sorry. Soon though!

Edit: Consume 1.6 has been submitted to Apple.

marc
25th February 2010, 08:18 PM
Consume 1.6 has been released.

It's a massive update, with package tracking, 19 new providers and completely redesigned settings.

Package Tracking providers
Apple Order Status (Email)
Apple Order Status (Zip)
Australia Air Express
TNT Express
FedEx
UPS
USPS

Version history: Version history for Consume (http://bjango.com/apps/consume/versionhistory/)
Full provider list: Supported providers in Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/providers/)

Jordan M
25th February 2010, 08:25 PM
New update looks good :)

Any chance of adding eParcel/Australia Post?

marc
25th February 2010, 08:36 PM
Any chance of adding eParcel/Australia Post?

Sure. Do you have any active tracking numbers you can PM me, so we can add them?

Apoptosis
25th February 2010, 09:39 PM
This app is going from strength to strength. Really liking the continued development. Cheers guys!

ZacDavies
25th February 2010, 10:59 PM
Fantastic to see the latest update supports mail tracking. Bjango dudes, if you create a consume widget (with Growl notifications!) - this will knock the socks off of Delivery Status Touch (http://junecloud.com/software/iphone/delivery-status-touch.html).

Also, I figured you guys would enjoy this decidedly Consume looking building..

http://img.skitch.com/20100225-f548phbxfug4665wxw1b67hrax.jpg

Look familiar? :p

http://www.mactropolis.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/consume-welcome.png

marc
25th February 2010, 11:54 PM
WOW. Very familiar! Thanks. Pretty cool stuff :)

ZacDavies
26th February 2010, 09:49 AM
Some more pics (http://www.dezeen.com/2009/12/03/godiva-chocoiste-by-wonderwall/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dezeen+%28Dezeenfeed%29&utm_content=Google+Reader) for ya, its a choclatier in Tokyo

marc
26th February 2010, 01:52 PM
Just added Australia Post Express Post Platinum (excludes to & from WA) support to Consume.

Also added Canada Post, not that many people here will be interested in that! More to come.

gehenna
26th February 2010, 01:55 PM
Is there a view to add Telecom NZ pre/postpaid to the mobile phone section? Or is their system too difficult to hook into?

marc
26th February 2010, 04:05 PM
Just added:
- Australia Post Domestic Tracking (Barcode only)
- DHL (USA)

Is there a view to add Telecom NZ pre/postpaid to the mobile phone section? Or is their system too difficult to hook into?

Do you have an account/usage pages we can test with? Have you already sent something to us?

Apoptosis
26th February 2010, 06:23 PM
Oh, I think the app *really* needs to have a button to 'fast-track' the updating of a specific provider.

Many a time I've needed to check my grandfathers phone balance (which I keep in the last card because it has no relevance for me) but have had to wait AAAGES for because the providers before it have been somewhat slow.

I'd love to be able to tap the 'waiting' button and have it update it next or cancel the current update and do it.

DJY
26th February 2010, 09:37 PM
Oh, I think the app *really* needs to have a button to 'fast-track' the updating of a specific provider.

Many a time I've needed to check my grandfathers phone balance (which I keep in the last card because it has no relevance for me) but have had to wait AAAGES for because the providers before it have been somewhat slow.

I'd love to be able to tap the 'waiting' button and have it update it next or cancel the current update and do it.

Turn off "Refresh on Launch"... then you can update which ever account pages you want in any order! Just hit the refresh button and voila!

This is what I have done once I had more than two or three pages / accounts in Consume.

I just wish my Telstra account grabbed my data faster!?!?!
I'm on NextG with great speeds - but the time it takes to update Telstra details seems significantly longer than any of my other account details - whether they be airline, shopping loyalties, anything.

Apoptosis
26th February 2010, 10:11 PM
Turn off "Refresh on Launch"... then you can update which ever account pages you want in any order! Just hit the refresh button and voila!

This is what I have done once I had more than two or three pages / accounts in Consume.

I just wish my Telstra account grabbed my data faster!?!?!
I'm on NextG with great speeds - but the time it takes to update Telstra details seems significantly longer than any of my other account details - whether they be airline, shopping loyalties, anything.

Hmm thanks for the tip! I'll do that for the moment.

I have the same problem with a telstra prepaid account I monitor. Sooooo much slower than every other provider. I think it's because Telstras page is so slow as well...

marc
26th February 2010, 10:31 PM
We're definitely going to work on refreshing in the future. We have some good plans, just need to find the time to get it all working.

angusg
26th February 2010, 10:48 PM
Jeez man comeon!! It's not like you've got anything better to do on a friday night!!

marc
27th February 2010, 08:19 AM
Friday night, saturday morning... doesn't matter. We never sleep :)

Iain Best
27th February 2010, 04:21 PM
But there is always time for damn tasty looking eggs, right?

marc
28th February 2010, 08:48 AM
Always time for eggs!

Is Myki working for everyone? Seems like they may have changed their site.

303-Acid
2nd March 2010, 09:45 AM
Any news on Crazy John's mobile broadband support? I emailed my account details a while ago but haven't heard anything since.

marc
2nd March 2010, 11:27 AM
Just added Royal Mail (UK) support to Consume.

Any news on Crazy John's mobile broadband support? I emailed my account details a while ago but haven't heard anything since.

Sorry, haven't added that just yet. Lots of providers in the queue to be added!

303-Acid
2nd March 2010, 08:28 PM
No worries. My netspace naked dsl get provisioned next week so I won't be needing Crazy John's any more but it may be of use to someone else.

Cheers,
Dan.

marc
5th March 2010, 09:27 AM
Consume 1.61 is out. What's new?

Version history for Consume (http://bjango.com/apps/consume/versionhistory/)

Lots of small things fixed and some new providers. Enjoy!

muddie@mac.com
5th March 2010, 04:29 PM
Hi Marc,
Just after an update on whether Telstra Business Broadband is on the list of providers to be added? I know it's probably a nightmare, the CustData site is appalling but I live in hope.

marc
6th March 2010, 08:45 AM
Consume 1.62 is out. Should fix any issues with Telstra Business Plans (mobile).

Hi Marc,
Just after an update on whether Telstra Business Broadband is on the list of providers to be added? I know it's probably a nightmare, the CustData site is appalling but I live in hope.

Yeah. We're certainly considering it, although the pages are a little... err... difficult to work with. I know exactly why you want support in Consume.

muddie@mac.com
11th March 2010, 06:21 PM
Consume 1.62 is out. Should fix any issues with Telstra Business Plans (mobile).

Hi Marc,
I have a Telstra Business Mobile Plan and in order for me to access my Mobile Data usage online I need to not only put in a username and password but I also have to enter a "Business ID" there is nowhere in Consume to add that number and it gives me an error if I use just my username and password.
How do I get around that if as you say above I should be able to use consume for Telstra Business Mobile Plans?

marc
11th March 2010, 07:00 PM
It doesn't work with your username, password, mobile number and call quota entered?

muddie@mac.com
11th March 2010, 07:26 PM
It doesn't work with your username, password, mobile number and call quota entered?

No.
I did have another account set up on the Telstra website that did let me log in but it was showing my data in "pay as you go" structure rather than showing my usage as a data pack "Percentage used" bar. Consume would log into this account but was unable to parse the data.
I was fine with this because I realised that the data was not showing properly on the website so I couldn't expect Consume to show it.

I have since spent countless hours on the phone to Telstra trying to sort out the issue and one of the things they told me was that I was logging in the wrong way to view my data usage and that I had set it up the wrong way.
They talked me through setting up another account on the business Telstra website and said that that would be OK.

Well my data is still showing in "Pay as you go" format online and now that I have to login using a username, password and Business ID, consume gives me a login error and doesn't even get to trying to parse the data.

Any clues?

303-Acid
11th March 2010, 08:25 PM
Any chance of adding VOIP providers? Specifically for me, PennyTel (http://www.pennytel.com)? Looks like PennyTel's account info pages contain a lot of .js though. Can you still pull info out of that?

mcargy08
11th March 2010, 08:35 PM
this is the worst app i bought. it doesnt work well for me!

gehenna
11th March 2010, 08:37 PM

Can you elaborate please? Curious to know why you feel this way...

Kirium
11th March 2010, 10:20 PM
Marc, is there any future plan to integrate recharging for pre-paid phones into Consume? Is it possible with the details already entered into consume, or would further details be needed? I've already got a saved CC in my Telstra pre-paid account, so I don't think there'd be a need to provide CC details over the cell network, perhaps just the PIN to protect it.

In-app recharging in Consume would mean I'd never have to visit the T website ever again (bliss!).

marc
12th March 2010, 11:48 AM
Just added to Consume: Westpac Altitude Rewards (Australia/Clubs).

Any clues?

Not sure. Have you sent us your usage data? Doing so with a note about what the issue is could help greatly in support for your plan (we get lots of email, so we need a way to link up your issue with the data).

More info: Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

Ok. I'll do what I can to get it working for you. If you have a common plan, it's very unlikely that Consume won't work.

Please ensure:
- You're using the latest version of Consume (1.62)
- You're registered for online services with your provider. This is essential for most telcos.
- You have the correct details entered into Consume.
- Your telcos website is currently loading on your iPhone (if it's not working, Consume can't show you your usage).

Marc, is there any future plan to integrate recharging for pre-paid phones into Consume?

I agree that it'd be a GREAT feature, but it probably won't ever happen. We'd need significant help from the providers and some fancy footwork to make it possible.

I'd like to be able to recharge from Consume too.

mcargy08
12th March 2010, 12:29 PM
Can you elaborate please? Curious to know why you feel this way...

it just wont work on my optus and virgin - doesnt show the amount that i have used always $0, the graph is worthless - it grows everyday but doenst tell how much i have used

marc
12th March 2010, 12:35 PM
it just wont work on my optus and virgin - doesnt show the amount that i have used always $0, the graph is worthless - it grows everyday but doenst tell how much i have used

If you'd like that fixed, then please send us your usage data: Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

ZacDavies
12th March 2010, 01:17 PM
You know what I'd love Marc.. (and forgive me if I have overlooked someting).. an ability to cache my usage at the end of each billing cycle.. thus showing how much data / calls / sms I actually use through many months - not just the current one. The data could be translated into a graph or even a scrollable list of usage over the months. This would be invaluable to determine if my current plan is suitable to my needs. Currently I screenshot Consume on the last day of my billing cycle but that is far from (my) ideal.

What do you think?

marc
12th March 2010, 02:38 PM
I think that's a great idea, and one that's on our roadmap. The only issue is that it's not particularly accurate, unless the information is provided by the carrier. Right now, Consume answers the question "what's my usage right now?", where right now = what the provider's website is showing. That data might be 72+ hours old*.

So if you cache the data at 11:59PM each night** and create a graph from it, there's only a very slim chance it'll actually match the usage, according to the carrier's bill. The danger is that people would probably then try to use Consume to argue with their carrier over their bill (has already happened at least once). That's not really what Consume is for though... Consume doesn't try to predict you bill, it just shows your carrier's website, in a more convenient and pretty way.

Not saying it won't happen, but there's significant challenges to be overcome before it can be implemented properly.

*Some providers are almost instant (Internode, couriers and a lot of ISPs). Some providers have significantly delayed data.

**To do this, one of three things would need to happen: 1) You'd need to have Consume open and your phone unlocked, or 2) Apple would need to allow third party background apps and we'd need to support that, or 3) We'd need to grab your data via our server, which would mean we'd need your username and password on our server... we don't want to know your username or password though. We respect your privacy and do everything possible to not know any of your secrets :)

ZacDavies
12th March 2010, 03:00 PM
Option 3 seems ideal to me, personally. Logging in to a Consume branded site (clicking "okay" on a waiver that stipulates this data is only for a general idea of usage and should not be used as an innarguable measure). Perhaps certain telcos would be more willing to provide actual individual users plan access in an effort to entice more iPhone customers to their plans. "Hey, I can track my monthly data usage on Consume with ___ telco, great!". I suppose, as you said, only actual access to actual telco bills for individuals will provide overall month tracking abilities. Might be huge privacy loopholes to jump through to access that finite data.

I'm all for apps having login info, ie the implementation Tweetdeck uses to sync user options between desktop and mobile devices. Plus I'm used to apps like Instapaper and Simplenote where if I require further editing abilites they have a website I can login to and do so freely.

This is just me thinking out loud - love the app - and I'm sure you'll continue implementing great ideas like you have been.

marc
12th March 2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, we're certainly not done with Consume as is. Lots of potential features we can add.

tangent23
28th March 2010, 09:09 PM
hi, just installed consume, great app!

quick question:
i have a telstra home phone line, and on the telstra consume page it says: usage $0.00
i was wondering what is it actually measuring?
thanks!

marc
28th March 2010, 09:10 PM
hi, just installed consume, great app!

Thanks.

i have a telstra home phone line, and on the telstra consume page it says: usage $0.00
i was wondering what is it actually measuring?

Consume uses the information provided on the Telstra website. I'm not sure why it's showing $0 though. If you'd like us to try to fix it, please send us your usage data.

Info on how to send us your usage data: Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

tangent23
28th March 2010, 09:39 PM
thanks for the quick reply!

usage data sent..

edit>
i just realised that our account number has recently been changed, and we haven't received a bill yet with the new no.

could this be the problem?

wolfie
28th March 2010, 09:53 PM
is there anyway you can program ( telstra prepaid ) to access the info faster?
it always seems to take a age.

marc
28th March 2010, 10:00 PM
i just realised that our account number has recently been changed, and we haven't received a bill yet with the new no.

could this be the problem?

Possibly.

The speed relates to the provider... Internode is *lightning*, but some of the telcos have slower sites. Not too much can be done, unfortunately.

DJY
29th March 2010, 03:44 PM

The speed relates to the provider... Internode is *lightning*, but some of the telcos have slower sites. Not too much can be done, unfortunately.

This always frustrates me!
I know it isn't Consume - but Telstra have clearly the fastest network... yet by far the slowest websites / back end systems / account management arrangements?!?!?!?!

Vaempyr
29th March 2010, 03:58 PM
Not sure what my problem is; I haven't changed anything, and it used to work just fine.

I have three accounts set up to be monitored; 3 mobile (postpaid), Internode, and myki. Consume 1.62 loads the 3 and Internode info just fine, then tries to load myki ... and the app just hangs on the "getting usage info" screen (with the slice of pie etc.). I can't use the in-app link to email support as the app is completely unresponsive. I could screenshot if it'd help, but I figure it's such a standard "we're getting the info now" screen that it probably won't help much.

The myki website works fine in Safari, so it doesn't appear to be a myki issue; any ideas?

dekco
30th March 2010, 12:35 AM
This always frustrates me!
...but Telstra have clearly the fastest network... yet by far the slowest websites / back end systems / account management arrangements?!?!?!?!
rofl! It takes a good minute or two to get the information from telstra. Tho nowadays, I just use
#125*3# (Credit balance)
#125*3*1# (Credit plus pack)

Much faster, less refined, and free! Because i just want to know when i finish so that i can buy more data packs

marc
26th April 2010, 09:57 AM
Consume Recipe updates released:

- 3 Postpaid
- Exetel HSPA
- iPrimus
- T-Mobile (Netherlands)
- Everyday Mobile
- Unwired
- Rogers
- DHL Germany
- AT&T
- Orange (France)

limpboy
27th April 2010, 10:38 AM
My vodafone prepaid usage is all screwy this morning. Is it consume or Vodafone changing format of usage reporting?

marc
27th April 2010, 10:52 AM
My vodafone prepaid usage is all screwy this morning. Is it consume or Vodafone changing format of usage reporting?

Please send us your usage and a screenshot, if you can.

Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

We don't have any other users being affected that we know about.

limpboy
27th April 2010, 11:46 AM
I only have access to my iPhone at the moment and have used the send from consume option. I can send through an email with screenshots but no HTML.

marc
27th April 2010, 11:52 AM
I only have access to my iPhone at the moment and have used the send from consume option. I can send through an email with screenshots but no HTML.

Thanks. That might be enough—sending usage from within the app gives us the HTML to check.

ajbeardy
4th May 2010, 07:18 PM
When adding a new Australia Post tracking number (Bar Code) I keep getting details of an older package from the 8th April. No matter what barcode I use I get the same info.

Any ideas how to refresh it?

marc
4th May 2010, 08:48 PM
When adding a new Australia Post tracking number (Bar Code) I keep getting details of an older package from the 8th April. No matter what barcode I use I get the same info.

Any ideas how to refresh it?

If you don't mind PMing me the tracking number, we'll look into it.

Edit: We've released a Recipe update. Please use "AusPost Domestic (Barcode)" to track.

We've been hard at work, fixing stuff. Here's what's been fixed and added over the last week.

New providers:
- Dodo broadband

Updated providers:
- Telstra Home
- T-Mobile Germany
- Metro Greencard
- AT&T
- TPG Broadband
- UPS
- iPrimus
- Videotron
- Rogers
- Optus Broadband
- EastLink
- Orange France
- AusPost Domestic

angusg
8th May 2010, 10:49 AM
When setting up my Vodafone Broadband Postpaid, are my phone number and username the same thing??

I also have to login to Vodafone twice for it, once for MyVodafone Login, and then it asks me for my 4 digit account enquiry password, do I have to enter this in too?

Not having much luck with it over here :(

ZacDavies
24th May 2010, 01:16 AM
http://img.skitch.com/20100523-ci25mh2d4pkgrequcxmt91c9wx.jpg

Quick question, why does the item marked "not yet shipped" have a tick whereas the others do not?

Also, can we pretty please have push notifications for shipments? I would like to eliminate the usage of Delivery Status (http://junecloud.com/software/mac/delivery-status.html). A widget would help immensely in further tracking packages, again like Delivery Status. If this requires users to create some form of Bjango account I'm personally all for it.

marc
26th May 2010, 12:03 PM
Looks like that's a bug. We'll investigate/fix in the next update.

marc
29th May 2010, 05:44 PM
Telstra iPad Prepaid recipe is out. Find it under Australia > Mobile Phone > Telstra iPad Prepaid.

Please note that you'll need to be running Consume on your iPad and using 3G for it to work (for now).

macaholic
6th June 2010, 08:54 PM
Firstly, let me say that Consume is a work of "App-art". It's better than anything else I've seen/used.
Sorry if this has already been asked here, but I wonder why the Everyday Rewards info Only shows fuel vouchers and does not include Qantas Frequent Flyer points earned.
The QFF info shows on the account details on the ER site.

marc
7th June 2010, 04:44 PM
Firstly, let me say that Consume is a work of "App-art". It's better than anything else I've seen/used.
Thank you :)

Sorry if this has already been asked here, but I wonder why the Everyday Rewards info Only shows fuel vouchers and does not include Qantas Frequent Flyer points earned.
The QFF info shows on the account details on the ER site.

Can you please send us your usage pages with a brief note about what's missing? We'll try to get that fixed. Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

macaholic
7th June 2010, 08:03 PM
Cheers Marc.
Email sent.

bigg
18th June 2010, 09:51 AM
So can we get out iPad data to show up on say the iPhone version?

Under my Telstra accounts i have the 2 micosim numbers listed?

Do i just set it up as a Telstra PP mobile account ?

marc
18th June 2010, 12:31 PM
So can we get out iPad data to show up on say the iPhone version?

Under my Telstra accounts i have the 2 micosim numbers listed?

Do i just set it up as a Telstra PP mobile account ?

It should be possible, but I can't double check right now as the Telstra My Account pages don't seem to be working :S

ZacDavies
18th June 2010, 03:20 PM
^ OH THANK GOD, so it's not just me. Was on the phone with Telstra for 5 hours yesterday :(

marc
25th June 2010, 03:33 PM
New Consume Recipe: Telstra Business (Postpaid) — adds support for Telstra Business accounts that use a Business ID for login.

Updated Consume Recipes: Telstra iPad, Telstra Postpaid, Telstra Home (Landline), Telecom Xtra, 2degrees and AT&T.

^ OH THANK GOD, so it's not just me. Was on the phone with Telstra for 5 hours yesterday :(

I found out that you can use prepaidrecharge.telstra.com/ if you want to recharge. It was actually working, too.

marc
30th June 2010, 01:51 PM
Consume 1.7 for iPhone has been submitted to Apple.

What's new? What's not new might be easier to answer...

New icon and updated graphics in several places.
Improved performance.
Fetches now happen in parallel.
Added fast app switching support.
Added support for vertical scrolling for each provider view.
Added provider Global > Transport > Asia Miles.
Added provider Global > Package Tracking > Canada Post.
Added provider Global > Package Tracking > Hong Kong Post.
Added provider Global > Other > Astraweb.
Added provider Global > Other > Dropbox.
Added provider Australia > Mobile Broadband > Optus iPad (3G only).
Added provider Australia > Mobile Broadband > Telstra iPad (3G only).
Added provider Australia > Mobile Broadband > 3 iPad (prepaid).
Added provider Australia > Mobile Phone > Telstra Business (Postpaid).
Added provider Australia > Mobile Phone > TPG Mobile (Cap Plans).
Added provider Australia > Mobile Phone > TPG Mobile (Pay As You Go).
Added provider Australia > Package Tracking > Couriers Please.
Added provider Australia > Package Tracking > Fastway.
Added provider Australia > Package Tracking > Star Track Express.
Added provider Australia > Broadband > Apex.
Added provider Australia > Broadband > Dodo.
Added provider Australia > Broadband > Vivid Wireless.
Added provider Australia > Transport > Flow.
Added provider Australia > Clubs > Franklins Loyalty Card.
Added provider UK > Transport > bmi Diamond Club.
Added provider Germany > Package Tracking > DHL.
Added provider Ireland > Mobile Phone > Meteor (Postpay).
Added provider New Zealand > Clubs > Onecard.
Added some new provider icons.
Updated provider 2degrees.
Updated provider AT&T.
Updated provider Telecom Broadband.
Updated provider Telstra (Postpaid).
Updated provider Telstra Home.
Updated provider Orange UK (Postpaid).
Updated provider Optus Broadband.
Updated provider Vodafone Aus (Postpaid).
Updated provider TPG Broadband.
Updated provider Amnet.
Updated provider O2 (Pay Monthly).
Updated provider Vodafone NZ (Postpaid).
Updated provider Orange France.
Updated provider Telstra (Prepaid).
Updated provider Optus (Prepaid).
Fixed bug with keyboards in provider details screen.

tintinaujapon
8th July 2010, 12:37 AM
Are you able to talk about your decision to make it a free app now?

Surely you've put a great deal of work into this brilliant little app and a lot more people would be willing to pay for it.

svale
15th July 2010, 05:51 PM
Marc, is there any chance of adding a setting to make Refresh on Launch work only on WiFi?

I have a lot of accounts and love the convenience of having them update on launch, but not so keen on it doing so over 3G due to data consumption. At home over WiFi though, I'm happy for it to go nuts.

Thanks.

terrydavidphoto
15th July 2010, 11:31 PM
Hey all, is it possible to add Virgin Postpaid/Prepaid Wireless Broadband? I am able to 'lend' you my logins. PM me if you wish.

Cheers

Terry

marc
10th August 2010, 06:03 PM
New Consume providers
Gmail — (Global > Online Services)
Google Docs — (Global > Online Services)
Dodo Prepaid Mobile Broadband — (Australia > Mobile Broadband)
AAPT Landline — (Australia > Landline Phone)
Neighbourhood Cable — (Australia > Broadband)
BLiNK — (Australia > Mobile Broadband)
TekSavvy — (Canada > Broadband)
Starbucks UK — (United Kingdom > Clubs)
Delta — (Global > Transport & United States > Transport)
Coles Myer Gift Cards — (Australia > Store Cards)
Three UK (Pay Monthly) — (United Kingdom > Mobile Phone)
hmvpure — (United Kingdom > Clubs)
American Airlines — (Global > Transport)

Updates
Vodafone Postpaid
Telstra Prepaid
Telstra iPad
Everyday Rewards
Velocity Rewards
Meteor Postpaid
Comcen
T-Mobile Netherlands
O2 (Pay Monthly)
AT&T

Hey all, is it possible to add Virgin Postpaid/Prepaid Wireless Broadband?

Sorry, that's a very tricky provider to add.

gumby08
11th August 2010, 07:42 AM
I haven't been able to track my last few Apple online purchases through Apple Order Status (Email). I get the message "no items found".

Has this function been removed/broken or is it just me?

grfxninja
11th August 2010, 08:20 AM
I haven't been able to track my last few Apple online purchases through Apple Order Status (Email). I get the message "no items found".

Has this function been removed/broken or is it just me?

Same here. In the tracking Number field, I have tried both the order number, and the TNT tracking number
I can track it via TNT (through Consume) though

marc
11th August 2010, 05:23 PM
New providers:
OntheNet — (Australia > Broadband)
Hilton HHonors — (Global > Clubs)
Club Nintendo North America — (United States > Gaming)
Club Nintendo Australia — (Australia > Gaming)
Evernote — (Global > Online Services)
DPD — (United Kingdom > Package Tracking)
Best Buy Reward Zone — (Canada > Clubs)
Sunpass — (United States > Transport)

Same here. In the tracking Number field, I have tried both the order number, and the TNT tracking number
I can track it via TNT (through Consume) though

Hmm. If you don't mind, can you send us usage pages?

ajbeardy
14th August 2010, 09:39 AM
Is anybody having trouble with "Telstra Postpaid" accounts. I have not been able to update for quite a few days?

I get "providers site not responding" Last update Wed 8:06am Recipe Version 5.4

Meh 626
14th August 2010, 10:47 AM
Is anybody having trouble with "Telstra Postpaid" accounts. I have not been able to update for quite a few days?

Also happening to me, my last update was Friday @ 08:40.

GeoffP
14th August 2010, 11:01 AM

Same here. I can log into my account from a web browser, so not sure what the go is...

Vaempyr
14th August 2010, 12:39 PM
Any update on the myki glitches?

mattydee
14th August 2010, 01:02 PM

i think it's a problem with the myki website - i have been on a pass for the last week, it shows in my transaction history but doesn't show on the summary page, which i suspect is where consume is getting it's data.

Vaempyr
14th August 2010, 02:56 PM
i think it's a problem with the myki website - i have been on a pass for the last week, it shows in my transaction history but doesn't show on the summary page, which i suspect is where consume is getting it's data.
The issue a couple of us were having was that if you ask Consume to check / track myki usage, especially with a myki pass, it would effectively freeze the app, requiring a force-quit.

tom_mclean
19th August 2010, 05:05 PM
Any way of showing social data and normal data for Optus? My plan has unlimited social data (facebook etc).

marc
19th August 2010, 05:44 PM
Version 1.8 is almost done, and it includes Retina display images for the iPhone 4. More info here: Consume for iPhone 4 (http://bjango.com/articles/consumeretina/)

We have two Bjango owned Myki cards for testing now, so hopefully we should be able to clear any issues up very soon. (I ordered one on day 1, but it never arrived, so we've bought some more.)

Any way of showing social data and normal data for Optus? My plan has unlimited social data (facebook etc).

Is it shown separately on the Optus site?

tom_mclean
19th August 2010, 10:22 PM
Is it shown separately on the Optus site?
Yep.

marc
20th August 2010, 11:09 AM
Some good news for Consume: It's the App Of The Week. We're really happy about that as it's a first for us.

http://bjango.com/images/about/appoftheweek.png

Yep.
Ok, thanks. We'll see what we can do.

Devil rolla
20th August 2010, 11:18 AM
im sure Consume for iPad will be too, consume....for...iPad.... lol

Congrats Guys !

marc
21st August 2010, 04:39 PM
Some new providers:

Exetel Mobile (Postpaid) — Australia > Mobile Phone
T-Mobile Netherlands Prepaid (iPad) — Netherlands > Mobile Broadband
Scooter's Coffeehouse — United States > Clubs
Aussie Broadband — Australia > Broadband
Telecom XT (Prepaid) — New Zealand > Mobile Phone
Telecom XT (Postpaid) — New Zealand > Mobile Phone
Snap Broadband — New Zealand > Broadband

Also, Consume is currently #3 on the overall free app chart in the Australian App Store. Thanks for downloading!

Huy
22nd August 2010, 10:11 AM
Excellent app. Would like to see support for Virgin Prepaid Mobile Broadband though! C'mon Virgin! :)

marc
25th August 2010, 10:08 AM
Excellent app. Would like to see support for Virgin Prepaid Mobile Broadband though! C'mon Virgin! :)

Coming in version 1.8. :laugh:

Minkey
8th September 2010, 10:51 AM
Hey guys,

I just told a couple of friends with new iPhone 4s to download Consume.

They are both with Bigpond, the problem is Consume is not showing their Data use, the bar is there but it's suggesting they have not used any data. Call use seems fine.

Have we missed a step?

M

marc
8th September 2010, 10:54 AM
Hmm. Not sure.

If possible, can you please ask them to send us data usage with a note about the issue?

Minkey
8th September 2010, 11:24 AM
Hmm. Not sure.

If possible, can you please ask them to send us data usage with a note about the issue?

Will do around 12.30pm

Thanks Marc.

TJA77
8th September 2010, 03:05 PM
Got this running with my Telstra mobile, data count works fine for me and also using it with iinet and as of from tomorrow telstra bigpond.

Congrats on a great app. All my friends are using it and love it too

tintinaujapon
8th September 2010, 03:11 PM
Is there a retina display upgrade in the works?, if only for the splash screen, which suddenly looks very blocky indeed.

marc
8th September 2010, 03:55 PM
Is there a retina display upgrade in the works?, if only for the splash screen, which suddenly looks very blocky indeed.

All done. We'll probably submit the update in the next 24-48 hours, depending on how the final testing goes.

Info and screenshots here:
Consume for iPhone 4 (http://bjango.com/articles/consumeretina/)

Edit: ⚑ Consume 1.8 for iPhone has been submitted to Apple for approval.

Minkey
16th September 2010, 12:07 PM
Hey guys,

I just told a couple of friends with new iPhone 4s to download Consume.

They are both with Bigpond, the problem is Consume is not showing their Data use, the bar is there but it's suggesting they have not used any data. Call use seems fine.

Have we missed a step?

M

Hey Marc,

My friend is still having the problem mentioned above.

She sent the Email Usage Data as requested.

Below is a screen shot if that helps.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3136351/photo.PNG

Michael

forno
22nd September 2010, 11:38 AM
Anyone else having trouble getting usage from Telstra prepaid to load, I have checked and re entered details into Consume, but to no avail.

I can check usage via internet or m.bigpond via iphone

Thrymr
22nd September 2010, 06:04 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting usage from Telstra prepaid to load, I have checked and re entered details into Consume, but to no avail.

Yep, I'm also having issues. I've sent a bug report, but haven't heard back. I'm assuming a fix is in the works.

tintinaujapon
22nd September 2010, 06:33 PM
Sometimes the provider end is simply temporarily borked. 3 wasn't working for a few days last week. Now it is.

marc
22nd September 2010, 09:57 PM

We don't actually use m.bigpond (or any of the mobile sites). We use the My Account Telstra pages. We do this because the mobile usage sites usually require a 3G connection on the actual network, so checking via wi-fi wouldn't work if we used m.bigpond.

Sometimes the provider end is simply temporarily borked. 3 wasn't working for a few days last week. Now it is.

Consume fetches data directly from the carrier/ISP/provider, so if their site is down, it can't retrieve usage info. That's good news from a privacy point of view, but obviously means the app relies on their service working.

A bit more info can be found here:
Privacy in Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/privacy/)

forno
23rd September 2010, 08:04 AM
We don't actually use m.bigpond (or any of the mobile sites). We use the My Account Telstra pages. We do this because the mobile usage sites usually require a 3G connection on the actual network, so checking via wi-fi wouldn't work if we used m.bigpond.

Consume fetches data directly from the carrier/ISP/provider, so if their site is down, it can't retrieve usage info. That's good news from a privacy point of view, but obviously means the app relies on their service working.

A bit more info can be found here:
Privacy in Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/privacy/)

Marc,

Thanks for the reply. I can however check via myprepaid on the pc at work

Huy
23rd September 2010, 09:09 AM
Consume 1.8 for iPhone has been submitted to Apple for approval.

Any idea how long it takes for approval, based on previous submissions?

About 2 weeks now. Cheers! :)

Thrymr
23rd September 2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. I can however check via myprepaid on the pc at work

Just out of interest, do you happen to have multiple pre-paid numbers attached to your account? I do, and I've had a look at my Consume usage data and it seems as though the specified number isn't being selected.

forno
23rd September 2010, 03:40 PM
Just out of interest, do you happen to have multiple pre-paid numbers attached to your account? I do, and I've had a look at my Consume usage data and it seems as though the specified number isn't being selected.

Yes I have a legacy number from when I first tried Telstra, hasnt been used for months though, and was neve in Consume.

I have deleted the app and I still get "Unable to fetch usage last update failed"

ZacDavies
23rd September 2010, 04:38 PM
How's the iPad version coming Marc? :p

Thrymr
23rd September 2010, 05:18 PM
Yes I have a legacy number from when I first tried Telstra, hasnt been used for months though, and was neve in Consume.

That could be it then. I'm guessing the issue only affects those with multiple numbers attached to their account.

Marc, any ideas? We're both able to check our usage via "My Account" on telstra.com.au just fine, so it looks like something on Consume's end.

marc
23rd September 2010, 10:10 PM
How's the iPad version coming Marc? :p

Good :D

iStat Menus 3.1 first though.

Any idea how long it takes for approval, based on previous submissions?

About 2 weeks now. Cheers! :)
Your guess is as good as mine! 3 days is the fastest we've had. I think about 20 days was the slowest. It really could be anything.

Marc, any ideas? We're both able to check our usage via "My Account" on telstra.com.au just fine, so it looks like something on Consume's end.

Do you mind sending us usage data from within Consume with a note about the issue? We'll do what we can to fix it.

Thrymr
24th September 2010, 02:54 AM
Do you mind sending us usage data from within Consume with a note about the issue? We'll do what we can to fix it.

Sure. Already did on the 21st, but I just did so again referencing my MacTalk username. Apologies if you receive this latest e-mail twice - I had butterfingers the first time around and accidentally hit the "Send" button without completing the description. :mad:

Thanks for looking into it, Marc.

swoffa
24th September 2010, 06:13 AM
Hey guys,
My telstra postpaid takes up to about a minute to refresh the information, is this a nomal timeframe?
The apple order status page updates within a few seconds.

hamlynt
24th September 2010, 06:59 PM
That could be it then. I'm guessing the issue only affects those with multiple numbers attached to their account.
I too have this problem. Usage data sent from the app.

jammyf
24th September 2010, 07:26 PM
Hey guys,
My telstra postpaid takes up to about a minute to refresh the information, is this a nomal timeframe?
The apple order status page updates within a few seconds.

Yes this is normal. The telstra site is slow and consume has to do the data aggregation as well as telstra does not provide a total for data

swoffa
24th September 2010, 08:21 PM
Yes this is normal. The telstra site is slow and consume has to do the data aggregation as well as telstra does not provide a total for data

Ahhhh, I see. Thanks jammyf.

forno
27th September 2010, 01:34 PM
Well all of a sudden my telstra pepaid is working under consume again. I havent changed anything so the Bjango crew or telstra must have tweeked/fixed something

opilot87
27th September 2010, 02:38 PM
Can I make a feature request? If it isn't already there....

As you know sometimes it can take a while to update the info from all the providers etc. I hate waiting around waiting for it to load, so it possible to implement a background download (the multitask feature where it waits to complete a download before shutting down) so that I can go to a different app and then come back to it in a few minutes, which will have the update info already.

Possible or already there?

Ollie

marc
27th September 2010, 03:41 PM
Well all of a sudden my telstra pepaid is working under consume again. I havent changed anything so the Bjango crew or telstra must have tweeked/fixed something
Thanks. (We updated the Recipe over the weekend.)

Possible or already there?
Unfortunately not possible right now with the way multitasking works.

Still waiting on Consume 1.8. Shouldn't be long now.

forno
27th September 2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks. (We updated the Recipe over the weekend.)

Appreciated:cool:

marc
28th September 2010, 03:39 PM
Consume 1.8 is out!

As usual, let us know if you see something you think is out of place. Also, if you like it, please write a nice review on iTunes :) Thanks.

Huy
28th September 2010, 03:58 PM
Excellent. Works with my Virgin Prepaid broadband now.

hamlynt
28th September 2010, 09:52 PM
+1 on fixing Telstra prepaid. Glowing review has been posted.

1.8 update is also brilliant. As a suggestion for 1.9, how about reformatting all MB/GB numbers to three significant figures, i.e. #.##GB or ##.#GB. For example, in the screenshot attached, 13.89GB would be rounded to 13.9GB, but 5.74GB would remain 5.74GB. Different number of decimals, but the same amount of precision. Likewise ###MB or ##.#MB.

This change would make it easier for the eye to scan a screen with lots of usage numbers, without any material reduction in the accuracy of information provided. Less digits would also appear cleaner, and is in keeping with the very high usability standards already set by the app.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/977/photosep2892005pms.jpg

jammyf
28th September 2010, 10:37 PM
NSW E-toll seems broken. Works ok on website but Consume says $0

grfxninja
29th September 2010, 08:22 PM
+1 on fixing Telstra prepaid.

and my Telstra Postpaid is also working properly too.
Nice work Marc + Co!

bigmouth
29th September 2010, 10:40 PM
I'm a happy camper :)

Both Telstra Business Caps (79/49) are now showing the call amount used as well as the MB's used - previously I could only see data for both.

Yay for updates :)

molar
4th October 2010, 12:36 AM
Hi Marc,

I am new to the forum but have been a long time listener of the MacTalk podcasts.

Unlike bigmouth, I am still having problems with my Telstra Business 49 Cap.

I have 2 numbers on separate plans on the one account and can only download the data and not the call usage.

I have deleted my old version Consume and reloaded a fresh ver. 1.8 with no luck :confused:

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

George

marc
5th October 2010, 11:08 AM
We've been busy. Lots of Recipe updates for Consume:

Evernote
Dropbox
Airtel (Broadband, Home, Mobile)
Mobile Vikings
DHL USA
TPG Mobile (Cap Plans)
Vodafone (Postpaid)
Exetel HSPA
Astraweb
Australia Post (all 4 providers)
Flybuys New Zealand
Amnet
Telstra Home

Unlike bigmouth, I am still having problems with my Telstra Business 49 Cap.

Should be working... can you please send us usage data with a small note and we'll see if we can fix it? Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

molar
5th October 2010, 01:46 PM
Should be working... can you please send us usage data with a small note and we'll see if we can fix it? Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/sendingusage/)

Hi Marc,

Emails have been sent

Thanks

George

kyte
7th October 2010, 09:38 AM
Virgin, yaaayayay!

monkfish
12th October 2010, 06:53 AM
Very nice app, guys.

It's currently not working for me on Orange (UK) Pay As You Go though. This is the current URL:

https://services.orange.co.uk/sam/templates/web/sign_in_new.htm

Which is working fine, so it's not a password/username mistake in Consume.

Thanks in advance.

gehenna
12th October 2010, 07:24 AM
Very nice app, guys.

It's currently not working for me on Orange (UK) Pay As You Go though. This is the current URL:

https://services.orange.co.uk/sam/templates/web/sign_in_new.htm

Which is working fine, so it's not a password/username mistake in Consume.

Thanks in advance.

You're better off emailing those details to Usage AT Bjanjo DOT com, or check here: Help with Bjango iPhone, iPad and Mac apps (http://bjango.com/help/)

molar
11th December 2010, 06:57 PM

Hi Marc,

My Consume is automagically working.

Didn't change any settings and thought I give it another go and hey presto it was working.

Black magic I know.

But I am happy. ;)

Great product.

George

marc
16th December 2010, 12:30 PM
Consume 1.81 for iPhone is now available at all good iOS application retail outlets (it was just released to the App Store).

Please let us know if you have any issues with the release... or just if you like it!

DeKa
17th December 2010, 10:50 AM
Consume 1.81 for iPhone is now available at all good iOS application retail outlets (it was just released to the App Store).

Please let us know if you have any issues with the release... or just if you like it!

Vodafone Prepaid Flexicaps still aren't showing data usage. I've sent you the details through the app.

JohnKing
7th January 2011, 01:24 PM
I have 4 accounts with telstra on a one bill system and all data and usage was reported correctly with consume until the last update.

I can now received calls details only for my home phone and data from mobiles, but no call usage details for my mobiles.

Other software reports these details correctly, but consume is much easier to use.

Can you please make the previous version available or repair the error with the new software.

Thanks

marc
7th January 2011, 01:40 PM
Can you please make the previous version available or repair the error with the new software.

We'd like the later (and can't do the former easily!). Can you please send us some usage data with a note about the issue and we'll do what we can.

JohnKing
8th January 2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks Marc

I thought I had sent an email with my usage data etc and a brief explanation of my problems

If not received, can you guide me thru the correct process of getting this information to you

John

JohnKing
27th January 2011, 04:42 PM
Are we going to get any assistance with this problem or do we look for alternative software to do the job ??

It has been way too long to sort out

John King
jetking@gmail.com