PDA

View Full Version : Consume for iPhone: Optus, Telstra, Vodafone, 3, iiNet, Internode usage + more

Pages : 1 [2]

gehenna
27th January 2011, 04:52 PM
Are we going to get any assistance with this problem or do we look for alternative software to do the job ??

It has been way too long to sort out

John King
jetking@gmail.com

Help with Consume by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/consume/problems/)

JohnKing
30th January 2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the link but I have been all through this.

Consume worked perfectly for me until the last update.

I can get calls for landlines and data for mobiles, but not calls for mobiles and this is my main area of concern

I have 3 mobiles and 1 landline on the same account with Telstra Australia.

Other software works fine but consume was easier to use as it was possible to see all phone calls etc on the one page.

Will just have to use something else until the next upgrade I guess

Thanks again for your link

Apoptosis
12th February 2011, 05:30 PM
What happened to Translink public transport in Brisbane?

Unless my eyes deceive me I can't find it...

tcn33
24th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Hey marc, some feedback on the Myki display:

http://db.tt/d4S59YB

This is a "Myki pass" (as opposed to "Myki money") so it's for a number of days rather than a dollar value. The problem is that the "expiry date" listed isn't the date the Myki pass runs out (it's the date after which the Myki can't be recharged and has to be replaced) and the 365 days is the starting validity rather than the remaining validity - so nothing here tells me when I need to recharge.

As the physical Myki lasts four years (in theory), most people would be less interested in that expiry date than the actual expiry date of their Myki pass. Any chance this recipe could be updated?

forno
20th June 2011, 08:22 AM
Wondering if iOS5 has broken anyone elses Optus broadband usage?
I have checked the username & password and even deleted the app and re entered all the details and still I get "unable to fetch usage, please check ypour username and other details"

I can check usage via Optus website.

andysl
21st June 2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys, excellent app!

I've had my iPhone a month now and found this straight away! Works perfect with my Optus iPhone plan and home Telstra broadband.

Cheers :)

supafly
21st June 2011, 11:40 AM
Wondering if iOS5 has broken anyone elses Optus broadband usage?
I have checked the username & password and even deleted the app and re entered all the details and still I get "unable to fetch usage, please check ypour username and other details"

I can check usage via Optus website.

I am on 4.3.3 on my iPhone and am unable to view Optus Broadband or Virgin Mobile usage. It attempts to get the data then says 'Failed'. I am guessing something may have changed on the Optus side which is causing this???

forno
21st June 2011, 12:10 PM
I have un installed again, then I did a hard reset, all good now

?????? who knows

Devil rolla
21st June 2011, 12:17 PM
Anyone having issues with Teltra PrePaid usage ?

ajbeardy
21st June 2011, 12:24 PM
Yes, but I think Telstra have had site issues for over a week.

Angsty
21st June 2011, 12:34 PM
I've been having problems with getting updates to Telstra's Pre-Paid Wireless for quite a while now. It seems that every 10th -15th update request actually works, other times it fails. For a while there Plan A was going into set up, and "edit" the Wireless plan by changing nothing, then saving, hey presto it updated. For Plan B I'd have to delete it all together and re-start from scratch to get it to work. Hmm, Plan B did not work today so I had to resort to the web site iteself ot check my balance.

Anyone suggest a Plan C (Sending details to Marc today anyway...)

tintinaujapon
29th July 2011, 11:26 AM
Consume no longer seems to work for our public transport Smartrider here in Perth.

dekco
30th July 2011, 12:06 AM
hasn't been working for awhile. not sure if it is smart rider or consume. but i cbf fixing it.

yagankiely
8th August 2011, 10:46 PM
Not working here either (for a while).

Chundermuffin
21st August 2011, 05:08 PM
Only just read about this today, but have installed and set up for my Telstra mobile and iPrimus broadband, works a treat! Thanks!

Stez
30th October 2011, 08:47 PM
Westpac Altitude Rewards isn't working :(

MacTime
12th November 2011, 06:48 AM
My Telstra prepaid only works when I'm on 3G, never works when I'm on wifi. Any ideas?

dagaz
18th December 2011, 05:30 PM
This works a charm with my iPhone on Optus but can't get it to work with my Optus mobile broadband account - any chance this will be able to work?

dagaz
28th December 2011, 06:52 PM
What happened to the previously excellent support for this app? Two unanswered emails through their website (a month or so apart), no response here ... anyone know of a good alternative?

dekco
28th December 2011, 08:01 PM
quota isnt much better....

andyrb
28th December 2011, 11:58 PM
What happened to the previously excellent support for this app? Two unanswered emails through their website (a month or so apart), no response here ... anyone know of a good alternative?

Twittered them with a bug report for Consume 2 and received a response fairly quickly. If two emails have gone unanswered, it's always possible their spam filters flagged it, maybe. Try another method.

kyte
31st December 2011, 05:48 AM
Consume no longer works with 4.3.3?? Whats up with that, Marc? There is no way of warning us either. So we download and pouf, no more. Just as well 1.8 wasnt overwritten.

The App store needs some updates so that the OS in use is detected and apps not compatible with it any longer do not show as updates. Now I have 2 updates showing all the time... Stanza and Consume, neither of which work on anything less than 5.x

Crikey, even the Android market knows if something will work with your android phone or not :(

Kimone
1st January 2012, 04:37 PM
I've had a similar experience to dagaz. I can't get Consume to work with my Optus mobile broadband account that I check through MyZoo. I've tried all the options for Optus in Consume with no luck. No response from support yet.

I started using Consume because I had a gutfull of Quota not working. My Optus data is one of the last things that works on Quota. So I use Quota for my Optus data and Consume for everything else. Haha lame

Apoptosis
5th April 2012, 11:22 PM
Consume no longer works for my Telstra Pre-Paid phone and Wifi Dongle (Pre-paid internet).

Have sent through the error reports but no improvement. Really getting the shits, seems that much like Quota, Consume has become abandonware!

kyte
8th April 2012, 08:28 AM
Hmm, theres a very long thread in Whrilpool, where Marc still posts from time to time. There's a suggestion there that it pretty much costs too much to continue supporting an app once it reaches a certain level of market penetration. I think thats a furphy, myself. The hard yards have been done already, its just the recipes that need updating. What needs to happen is for the app to be redesigned so users can install their own recipes. That would mean less frequent updates will be required to keep the app functioning with new iOS updates.

Mac Monk
8th April 2012, 01:20 PM
Hmm, theres a very long thread in Whrilpool, where Marc still posts from time to time. There's a suggestion there that it pretty much costs too much to continue supporting an app once it reaches a certain level of market penetration. I think thats a furphy, myself.

If what you are saying is true, then this is digraceful. As a seller Marc has a duty to continue supprting his product for at least a period of time since someone purchases it eg: 1 year, since last purchase. The fact that it is still on the store for sale but not being supported is abysmal. Imagine if some hardware manufacturer simply closed shop after they sold heaps of product because they thought they had acheived maximum market penetration.

dmg
8th April 2012, 05:47 PM
Just because one person doesn't get a reply to a support email does not prove an app is not being supported. There are a whole bunch of reasons for Marc not replying. Save the (over)reaction till you know something for sure.

Apoptosis
9th April 2012, 02:08 PM
Just because one person doesn't get a reply to a support email does not prove an app is not being supported. There are a whole bunch of reasons for Marc not replying. Save the (over)reaction till you know something for sure.

It's not just one person not getting a response. Nobody has reported hearing anything back in ages! Plus the App has stopped being useful as the recipes are being broken.

Bjango seem to have a thing where they release something and then abandon it.

Sideways racing which was supposed to be a big title hasn't seen an update since Aug 2011. Kapowie hasn't been touched since Jan when it was released. Most of their other apps haven't been maintained since 2010.

Steeley
9th April 2012, 03:12 PM
It's not just one person not getting a response. Nobody has reported hearing anything back in ages! Plus the App has stopped being useful as the recipes are being broken.

Bjango seem to have a thing where they release something and then abandon it.

Sideways racing which was supposed to be a big title hasn't seen an update since Aug 2011. Kapowie hasn't been touched since Jan when it was released. Most of their other apps haven't been maintained since 2010.

Here's the support thread at Whirlpool: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1896793

Marc's latest response to a support query was yesterday.

Version 2.0 of the app was release on 15 December 2011 and brought native support to iPads.

You guys are smoking crack.

kyte
9th April 2012, 03:14 PM
Marc *is* still doing support, just not as religiously as when Consume was one of a couple of apps Bjango had produced. Now they have a whole stable but I dont think they have a stable of tech guys. I dont know who is part of Bjango, but they are still updating the recipes from time to time. I just think it would be more expedient for the users to be able to create their own, and maybe share them.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Here's the support thread at Whirlpool: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1896793

Marc's latest response to a support query was yesterday.

Version 2.0 of the app was release on 15 December 2011 and brought native support to iPads.

You guys are smoking crack.

Don't be rude. There have been lots of failure to get data for many parts of the app. The thread is long, perhaps if you read back a few pages you might get more of an idea of whats really happening.

[edit] Part 2 of the support thread is more useful to read. I see part 3 has been created, and that tells absolutely nothing of the issues some people are having.