PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook's The Best

fairy1
29th July 2005, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone!

i am proud to say that im so glad i had invested in the pb g4 1.67 today out of necessity i used the fax feature and this is JUST SUPER GREAT my fax was actually recieved.

I simple had a word document went to print and pressed fax.

Nothing more then that i had no unneccessary things to install it just worked magnificently

I LOVE MY POWERBOOK NOW :) no more paying for faxes in a newsagent or library i can do it in my own convenience through my laptop how COOL is that technology is GREAT

:thumbup: :D

D_J_M
29th July 2005, 10:47 AM
... The world's most expensive fax machine..... :D

purana
29th July 2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by D_J_M@Jul 29 2005, 10:47 AM
... The world's most expensive fax machine..... :D
rofl.

Now all you need is a scanner to scan in those documents you wish to send..

Although the features in the os when you print to select pdf and fax etc do rock ;)

Johnny Appleseed
29th July 2005, 11:50 AM
More of the simple yet powerful features Apple should be promoting...

-neon-
29th July 2005, 11:56 AM
Hey, I understand the joy one could experience when using faxing on os x.

Especially if you have had to use faxing on the "dark side". What a pile of smeg.

edit: I hate constantly futzing around with windows in the office 'ere when it refuses to receive faxes, or the fax manager crashes, or sending fails for no reason, or.......

mwot
29th July 2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by purana@Jul 29 2005, 11:48 AM
rofl.

Now all you need is a scanner to scan in those documents you wish to send..

Although the features in the os when you print to select pdf and fax etc do rock ;)
... well, apparently, the next PB release will have a built-in scanner. Only scans A4 sheets - and this is done by placing the paper face-up on the keyboard, closing the lid of the laptop and pressing a cleverly labelled button that reads 'Scan'. It then saves your document as a .tiff by default, or a .pdf.

Then you can fax from it normally like you do Word docs, etc.

;)

LCGuy
29th July 2005, 01:33 PM
Interesting...i've never faxed from OS X...however this is nothing new...i remember sending a fax from my PowerBook 1400 back in 1997. :)

iMick
29th July 2005, 02:01 PM
Faxes need a phone line. Haven't had one of those for 5 years. Broadband and mobile all the way.

Scan to email is the way to go.

vargz
31st July 2005, 06:07 PM
WTF....faxing!!?? of all the features to get excited about!! Oh well, each to their own :)

Interesting, I have never tried the File > Print on my PB within any application, simply cos I don't have a printer connected. But one takes the term printing too literally, cos its actually 'outputting', to PDF, fax, etc....not just paper.

Interesting that faxing requires the phone line, must be some way to get it to work through a broadband modem?

Anyways, time to try File > Print :)

Currawong
31st July 2005, 08:30 PM
Yes, the joy of using my G4 and then G5 as a fax has negated any excuse I had to buy a multi-function toy. Dammit.

DJY
31st July 2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by fairy1@Jul 29 2005, 09:57 AM
I simple had a word document went to print and pressed fax.

Why not just email the Word doc? or am I missing something here?