PDA

View Full Version : Is Parallels 4.0 Good?

griz066
20th October 2009, 06:46 AM
Is parallels 4.0 any good? I tried an older version some time ago and found ti to be quiet buggy. What are your thoughts.

JimWOz
20th October 2009, 07:17 AM
I use Parallels 4.
It's stable. - Does the god awful job of running Windows software, that we need it to do...

The_Hawk
20th October 2009, 07:33 AM
Yep, working fine over here. Supports Windows 7 too which is nice :)

I'm running XP and 7 at the moment, will be adding Vista and maybe even some older stuff (for funsies) for tech support work that I do.

xerodude
20th October 2009, 08:07 AM
Runs fine.

glacierdave
20th October 2009, 10:12 AM
Running Parallels 4.0 and an XP VM in Coherence mode. I'm happy with it, runs the (few) apps I need (QuickBooks, MS Publisher, MS Visio mainly) quite happily.

I've done Vista and Win 7 VM's under it also but not currently - changed computer and haven't gotten around to doing fresh builds of these (only really needed for testing/tech support stuff and hasn't been a priority).

David

MissionMan
20th October 2009, 10:39 AM
Running Parallels 5 here. Lightening fast and a big improvement on 4. Surprisingly I haven't encountered many bugs in the beta at all.

mmulhern
20th October 2009, 11:32 AM
Running v4 on my MBP.

The good news is that it just like running a windows PC, the bad news is that it is just like running a windows PC.

brian_g
20th October 2009, 11:35 AM
I run at home on an iMac and work on a MBP.
Home is mainly for Quicken and MS Publisher, work for some various web based remote access that only uses IE and testing of our Java based software on Windows.
Running XP and also Windows 7 beta.

As mmulhern says, The good news is that it just like running a windows PC, the bad news is that it is just like running a windows PC.

badwolf
20th October 2009, 02:19 PM
Yep, I run Parallels 4.x and Windows XP no problem. My need for it is slight, these days, but I used to work in a Windows environment, which was old and not able to work with my Mac.

griz066
20th October 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I will grab a copy next time I am in town.