PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Won't Startup

corowakid
27th July 2005, 07:25 PM
i've changed to Mac OSX 10.4.2 and Archive & Inestall performed flawlessly. When I looked at my Dock, Thunderbird remained in place, and when opened on the 'Net contained the Themes and Extensions I'd put in to play.

However, the Firefox icon was missing totally. I went to Mozilla.org, and found the new 1.0.6 version (I'd been using 1.0.5). Downloaded it, got Disk Image on Desktop after it automatically unpacked. Dragged the Firefox icon from Disk Image to the Dock. When I attempted to start Firefox, I got a message that the program had failed to load, with a further box saying it would send a failure report to Apple (?). I followed the download & instal to the letter, and I've even deleted and tried to re-install. But no go.

One unusual warning happened during the download - a box announced that the Disk Image contained an Application, and requesting whether I wanted to proceed. I haven't seen that when using OSX 10.3 or 10.2 - I've been using Firefox for some time now.

I notice that other son this forum have installed Firefox OK. Can anyone hazard a guess (or better still, knows) what I've done wrong, and what I should be doing? Any advice really appreciated. I'm using Safari, but I really prefer Firefox. Thanks