PDA

View Full Version : Change user name for existing network share?

GeoffP
18th October 2009, 01:20 PM
I am using a quota of my total NAS storage space for my MBP time machine backups.

I have created a network share in OS X (10.6.1) and can successfully do a time machine backup however I used my generic admin user name to create the initial share.

I have now created a new restricted user on my NAS.

I cannot figure out how to change to the new restricted user name FROM the (admin) user name that my MBP currently uses when Time Machine mounts the NAS volume.

cgollner
18th October 2009, 05:27 PM
Its probably being remember by keychain. Start "Keychain Access" and search for the share name in the search box. Once you delete the username/password entry for it, the next time you try to connect to it, you'll be prompted for a username and password, at which time you enter the new credentials.

GeoffP
18th October 2009, 06:21 PM
Its probably being remember by keychain. Start "Keychain Access" and search for the share name in the search box. Once you delete the username/password entry for it, the next time you try to connect to it, you'll be prompted for a username and password, at which time you enter the new credentials.

Thanks cgollner,

That fixed my problem.

I didn't know where to look - now I do.

Cheers,
GeoffP.