PDA

View Full Version : VideoDrive - Alternative to converting videos for iTunes!

ChrisG
18th October 2009, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

I have just found this app on the interwebs called VideoDrive. Apparently what it allows you to do is add any video format that you have in to iTunes without having to convert a thing. It also allows you to get movie info and artwork from IMDB.

Have any of you guys used this app before? Reason I am so interested in this is because I have an AppleTV and Elgato Turbo.264 and want a quick way to export all my mkv and avi files to the AppleTV without hacking it.

VideoDrive: Add your video collection to iTunes. With one Click. (http://www.aroona.net/VideoDrive/Home.html)

Thanks,
Chris.

Phillo
18th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for that.... it looks great.

I will have a look at it later.... but tell us what you think of it when you have had a play!

Thanks.

Alec Fraser
19th October 2009, 06:54 AM
It looks like it'll add it to your iTunes library and then rely on Quicktime plug ins to play the video. I don't think that that'll work so well for the AppleTV as it won't have the plugins to play the video, and will still only work for the supported iTunes formats.

entropy
19th October 2009, 07:14 AM
yes, it looks like you still have to convert to play on AppleTv or iphone......but you can do that from within the app.