PDA

View Full Version : Safari page setup defaults to landscape

iSilver
13th October 2009, 11:24 AM
Hi

I've got Snow Leopard installed on my iMac and am having an issue where whenever I try to print a page the page setup defaults to "Landscape" rather than "Portrait", consequently I'm producing quite a lot of pages with the incorrect page orientation! The printer is a HP Photosmart 2710 AIO.

Safari doesn't seem to have a "page setup" where I can set it to default to portrait, neither does the Printer setup. Anybody know how I can set default page setup to be portrait?

Thanks guys!

dappleone
13th October 2009, 01:19 PM
Doesn't the print pane come up when you print from Safari?:slant:

Page orientation is displayed in this pane when I print from Safari. Then, I think it is possible to use 'last used settings' in the presets menu.

iSilver
13th October 2009, 01:56 PM
Doesn't the print pane come up when you print from Safari?:slant: Page orientation is displayed in this pane when I print from Safari. Then, I think it is possible to use 'last used settings' in the presets menu.

That's correct, page orientation is displayed in the print pane but the changes I make to the page orientation are not saved; it does save the last used printer and settings (paper, quality etc) but not the orientation.

It's working fine on my MacBook but not the iMac and they should both have the same system software and updates installed.