PDA

View Full Version : Telstra data usage page question

grfxninja
12th October 2009, 10:08 AM
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody using Telstra on their iPhone is having any dramas?

http://img.skitch.com/20091011-q5db3i6iy5kgxwcr13xg5wrige.jpg

It seems to think I am having session times of over 26 hours.
Not sure if this is just an error on the Telstra site or if my iphone is connecting and not "letting go" of the connection.

I am going to ring them about it, but thought I would see if anybody else is having a similar issue…

mitty
12th October 2009, 10:20 AM
It's been like that for a while. The duration is really irrelevant... you should focus on if you think you used that amount of data during that time period. If you did, then the length of the session doesn't really matter. Just because it says you were "connected" doesn't mean your phone was actively transferring data for the entire time, or doing anything at all for that matter.

grfxninja
12th October 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks Mitty, thought it would be nothing, but was a little worried all the same :)

I came from Virgin with 1GB of data to Telstra with 150mb so I am being very careful with my data ;)

tcn33
12th October 2009, 10:26 AM
Don't you get charged for data when you use the telstra.internet APN? The proxy on telstra.iph shits me, but I thought it was the only way to designate data as being included on your iPhone plan.

chaosboi
12th October 2009, 10:44 AM
I use telstra.internet on my prepaid iPhone, and works fine with data packs.

Telstra said I have to use .iph, but it still bills the same.

No .iph for me.

mitty
12th October 2009, 10:48 AM
my iphone is set as telstra.iph, but lately on the usage meter it's been showing up as telstra.internet and telstra.mms and telstra.media etc etc. I'm getting charged the same way so I don't think it really matters.

Beau
13th October 2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, there's no difference between the telstra.wap, telstra.internet and telstra.iph APNs in regards to billing, the only difference is the transparent proxy on .iph for Telstra's portal.