PDA

View Full Version : iTunes - Split Screen?

HeyCharger
5th October 2009, 01:18 PM
Is there any way to get a split screen, so that it makes it easy to click and drag from the HD to iPod and at the same time still see what is on each? Thanks.

ada_lovelace
5th October 2009, 01:40 PM
If you right-click on a playlist name you can select 'Open in New Window' - I suspect you could do the same with the list of music on your iPod (I don't have my iPod connector with me at the moment so I can't check) - this is the closest way of doing it that I can see.

HeyCharger
5th October 2009, 01:50 PM
It works for the playlists but not for the ipod.

ada_lovelace
5th October 2009, 02:09 PM
Rats. I got nothin', then.

Phillo
5th October 2009, 03:40 PM
Do you sync a playlist(s) to your ipod or do you autofill it??

If you sync a playlist... then having a new window with the playlist info will work.

Once you have finished adjusting your playlist you then sync that to the ipod and that music will move accross.

My understanding is that you dont just "drag and drop" directly to your ipod. Well.. I have never done it that way.

HeyCharger
5th October 2009, 09:37 PM
Yes, I do drag and drop. I have a Shuffle, so not much storage. My iTunes playlist holds all my songs and I just selectively choose which ones go to the Shuffle.

Phillo
5th October 2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, I do drag and drop. I have a Shuffle, so not much storage. My iTunes playlist holds all my songs and I just selectively choose which ones go to the Shuffle.

OK... I got it now. I had a look at what you are doing with my shuffle.

Unfortunately the answer is NO... You cant split screen, nor can you have the music list and your shuffle in separate windows.

You can have playlists in a separate window and thats about it.

ada_lovelace
5th October 2009, 09:57 PM
If you click the triangle drop-down next to the name of your iPod, it will show the various playlists that are on your iPod - the top item should be called 'Music', and contains all the songs on your iPod. If you right-click on this, rather than the actual iPod, it gives the 'Open in new window' option. At least it does for mine. (I have a 1st gen nano, not a shuffle.)

HeyCharger
6th October 2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry, I should have emphasised that mine is a SHUFFLE so I think there is just one playlist.

ada_lovelace
6th October 2009, 09:03 AM
Ah, sorry, I didn't realise they appeared differently.