PDA

View Full Version : Mail: message everytime it checks for new emails

aussieglyn
4th October 2009, 09:59 AM
Everytime mail goes to get mail I get a message. (Mail wants to use the "Microsoft_Intermediate_Certificates keychain

matthew858
4th October 2009, 10:11 AM
Are you using Microsoft Exchange in your emails, or a Microsoft email client? This message means that your Microsoft account/mail application is trying to store your details into a keychain that was made by a Microsoft program. I would let the mail program store your data in that keychain.

iCarllovesapple
4th October 2009, 09:52 PM
That's normal. Mine prompts me for a password :)

ClockWork
4th October 2009, 10:55 PM

It's normal if you've configured it to ask you for your password.
It's not normal if you've told it to remember your password and never ask me again, and it asks you again and again and again!

That sounds like a corrupted key chain, and often, the only way out is to delete the key chain and create a new one, which unfortunately leads to your web browser requiring to retype all passwords for all sites that you have an automatic password for.

Goodbye
4th October 2009, 11:39 PM

It's not normal - I don't ever get asked for a password, however I guess it depends on how you've set it up.

gehenna
4th October 2009, 11:55 PM
It depends on the server side even if you've told Mail to remember the password. EG if I set up Outlook Anywhere on Exchange 2007, then configure the server via HTTP in a Mail app, the connection will always ask for a password as that is how the server is configured - even if i constantly check the save password option on the client.

So we really need to understand what server setup the OP has.