PDA

View Full Version : Possible MacBook Pro Refresh?

MacEmpathy
3rd October 2009, 10:15 AM
As you all know, intel has just released their latest mobile offering in the form of a nehalem chip, the i7. This will no doubt be included in the expected iMac refresh, with indicators also pointing to a Mac Mini refresh (although it's highly unlikely it will include an i7, but possible an i3 or i5). Now indications of a MacBook and MacBook Pro refresh are surfacing, with supplies to stores dwindling. It could be expected for the MacBook, which has for several months been the topic of a design change (like the iMac), but the MacBook Pro? Isn't this a tad too early, or is Apple deciding now to bring all their products in refresh alignment?

MacBook/iMac (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/15/analyst-imac-and-macbook-updates-coming-within-weeks/)
MacBook/iMac (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/25/macbook-update-to-be-released-alongside-new-imacs/)
Possibly MacBook Pro? (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/01/resellers-offer-additional-details-on-mac-supply-constraints/)

wolfie
3rd October 2009, 10:28 AM
I can't see it happening till early next yr

sleek881
3rd October 2009, 10:48 AM
I can't see it happening till early next yr

I agree, this year is too early for a Pro update.

MacEmpathy
3rd October 2009, 11:29 AM
That's what one would also think for a MacBook update, but it seems pretty definite. I do HOPE that the MBPs don't get refreshed this year, but you know how unpredictable Apple is (esp. with the iPod touch camera).

El Guardo
3rd October 2009, 11:48 PM
Depends on how you define 'refresh'.

If it's in so far as processor speed bumps and the usual increases in hard drive capacities (or reductions in pricing for such), then I would imagine early next year. If it's refresh to quad core, full 64-bit hardware then I expect it's going to be revolve around the new Light Peak connection technology developed with Intel (which is when I expect the remaining Cinema Displays to be updated).

lazydesi
4th October 2009, 07:00 AM
who knows? A minor speed bump may happen.

Aaron
4th October 2009, 09:16 AM
I would except a minor bump in specs the same time as the iMac/MacBook/Mac Mini updates, or not too long after (if there are processor updates available).

MacEmpathy
4th October 2009, 09:51 AM
Yes, but that jump will be to mobile i7 if anything. Also, their graphics chipset typically remains for two refreshes, and we're on the second. So, possibly new graphics capability also?

Sebastianmonty
4th October 2009, 03:47 PM
Depends on how you define 'refresh'.

If it's in so far as processor speed bumps and the usual increases in hard drive capacities (or reductions in pricing for such), then I would imagine early next year. If it's refresh to quad core, full 64-bit hardware then I expect it's going to be revolve around the new Light Peak connection technology developed with Intel (which is when I expect the remaining Cinema Displays to be updated).
No one really knows but I think Lightpeak is ages away from the consumer pc market.
So I think that the i7 chip will be ready in jan/feb in MBP.

However I'm not sure if the i7 will go into all iMacs but an update before xmas would make them millions more than no update before xmas.

I wonder what ever happened to FE 3200
IEEE 1394 interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1394_interface#FireWire_S1600_and_S3200)

DeanCorp
4th October 2009, 04:56 PM
Definitely not :)

Just bought a 13" & 15" MBP today :)

New MacBooks, Mighty Mouse, Keyboard, Mac Mini possibly iMac's is my predication. MBP's were only updated in June, way too short for a product cycle.

NeoRicen
4th October 2009, 07:44 PM
Yep, way too early for an MBP refresh, even if there are new CPUs available. I'd give it a few more months, maybe January.

xtreme2k
12th October 2009, 11:04 PM
I do hope apple go straight for the i7 mobiles.

We have been playing with C2duos for years now and its about time we move on from them

No point having another C2D refresh

Dux
13th October 2009, 05:44 AM
Anyone think about Nvidia's issues with Intel and their announcement they wouldn't be doing any new motherboard designs until at least next year?

This would include a re-designed 9400m board for i5 and i7 mobile CPUs.

dche5390
13th October 2009, 07:42 AM
Inbuilt thick-slice toaster for sure instead of that crappy optical drive!

My partner would be pissed if there were any changes. She just forked out a big wad for a 2.8GHz 15-incher.

Scubasnaps
21st February 2010, 01:24 AM
Reseller friend told me today to expect a Macbook Pro refresh in early March 2010. Was getting prices on a Macbook Pro 13" for a mate and was told by the reseller to hold off & wait for a likely March announcement. Speculation of course but we'll see in a few weeks. Perhaps the update could incorporate the Intel I7?

MetalPhreak
21st February 2010, 03:21 AM
4 month old thread is no longer dead ;)

23rd Feb is the current rumour suggested (or wishful thinking). If next tuesday rolls past with no update, the favourite rumour will be 2/9/16/23rd of March... and so on.

Scubasnaps
21st February 2010, 01:07 PM
It's pure speculation, but the consensus in this 4 month old thread was early in 2010 for a Macbook refresh, rather than the original poster's view in Oct. So here we are in early 2010 and a reseller is telling me to hold off on a purchase. That's enough smoke to make me feel it's likely.
And if more people searched for relevant threads to post on instead of starting new threads all the time on the same topics, this forum would be a lot easier to navigate and the moderators would be happier. And isn't that what we all want? :)

NILcorp
21st February 2010, 02:36 PM
Just read this:
Intel's MacBook Pro update slip: what to expect (http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/01/intels-macbook-pro-update-slip-what-to-expect.ars)

Interesting...

nibbles
21st February 2010, 07:21 PM
Looking at past refreshes the macbook may not be updated until around june, the macbook pro looks as though a refresh should happen between now & early april but then it may be june with a complete design overhaul and much better specs. I'd also like to see a macbook mini, yes i know the iPad but a 10" version of the macbook would be ok I could see a lot of use for it around home

The_Hawk
22nd February 2010, 08:03 AM
I'm planning an upgrade in July-ish, so any time before that is good by me :)

sleek881
22nd February 2010, 07:54 PM
Reseller friend told me today to expect a Macbook Pro refresh in early March 2010. Was getting prices on a Macbook Pro 13" for a mate and was told by the reseller to hold off & wait for a likely March announcement. Speculation of course but we'll see in a few weeks. Perhaps the update could incorporate the Intel I7?

Resellers don't know anymore than you and I about upcoming releases. He is obviously speculating.

DeanCorp
22nd February 2010, 08:24 PM
100% sure new models this Wednesday.

Lockley
22nd February 2010, 08:38 PM
based on what?

Did you rub a Genie lamp? or blow out Birthday candles? lol :)

DeanCorp
22nd February 2010, 08:39 PM
Lockley, would you be prepared to be with me? If so what odds would I get?

I'm prepared to put $100 on.

Lockley
22nd February 2010, 09:27 PM
no thanks.... ive been waiting for this refresh to happen ever since the white unibody macbook got a bigger hd than the 13" pro.

Its is bound to happen soon enough

dacoda
23rd February 2010, 12:14 PM
Resellers don't know anymore than you and I about upcoming releases. He is obviously speculating.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Back in November 2008, I called David Jones in Parra and was talking to an apple guy in there and he said to wait a week because of a refresh, and he was right on the money. I would of gone crazy if I had bought a "new" macbook pro only for apple to announce the new unibody models a week later.

applebyte
23rd February 2010, 03:45 PM
Lockley, would you be prepared to be with me? If so what odds would I get?

I'm prepared to put $100 on.

I would be prepared to be with you if you're prepared to put more than $100 on :tongue:

~Coxy
23rd February 2010, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Back in November 2008, I called David Jones in Parra and was talking to an apple guy in there and he said to wait a week because of a refresh, and he was right on the money. I would of gone crazy if I had bought a "new" macbook pro only for apple to announce the new unibody models a week later.

Back in Nov 2008, Apple announced a media event with a postcard showing a unibody MBP and the phrase "the spotlight turns to notebooks."

The salesman in DJ is commendable for actually keeping track of the news in this case, but he never knew anything that you or I did not.

dacoda
23rd February 2010, 04:55 PM
Oh...I stand corrected.

Well I hope it's REALLY soon because work wants to buy me a new laptop...

cosmichobo
23rd February 2010, 06:01 PM

So, you're saying that my plan to buy a Macbook Pro 13" this weekend should be a safe bet that I could get a brand new spiffy release? :)

(Although in fact I was looking towards the refurb store... so will probably not make any diff, cos we know Apple wont pass on any extra savings on the older models for at least 6 months)

db9
23rd February 2010, 06:32 PM
Fingers crossed, ay!!! :S

dacoda
24th February 2010, 05:33 AM
6:30 am. No new MacBook Pro's. :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!

Although the news on the front page is encouraging.

Steeley
24th February 2010, 08:14 AM
I've been reading a few other forums and they said the Apple Store typically goes down Tuesdays in the USA...so that'd mean either tonight or Thursday morning if it's going to happen. Yeah?

Meh 626
24th February 2010, 10:16 AM
I've been reading a few other forums and they said the Apple Store typically goes down Tuesdays in the USA...so that'd mean either tonight or Thursday morning if it's going to happen. Yeah?

No at the moment it's ~4:15pm Tuesday 23rd Feb in Cupertino, the refresh is not happening this week.

tcn33
24th February 2010, 09:28 PM

You 100% sure about that?

droodles
24th February 2010, 10:41 PM
Maybe they are just skipping this generation of chips.

DeanCorp
24th February 2010, 11:37 PM
You 100% sure about that?

So I got the day wrong. But 100% sure it will be out in the next two weeks!

bennyling
24th February 2010, 11:54 PM
Yep. I posted in this thread just to comment that MacEmpathy was banned.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Salamander
25th February 2010, 05:53 PM
Today Myers are advertising the 13" 2.53GHz model for $1799 - $200 saving. Surely a sign that something is in the wind.

jok3r
25th February 2010, 06:46 PM

You wanna put money on that? :p j/k

Today Myers are advertising the 13" 2.53GHz model for $1799 - $200 saving. Surely a sign that something is in the wind.

Thats actually a good price.

James
25th February 2010, 06:53 PM

And 10% off in DSE in Melbourne (cnr Bourke & Swanston) yesterday.

Yup. Signs and portents!
:)

cosmichobo
25th February 2010, 07:11 PM
These stores have such discounts fairly often really...

Portents of nothing more than their desire to put a sale on.

Coincidence ahoy, possibly... but hardly proof.

--
Myer catalogue also offers $100 off the 13" base Macbook Pro.

ada_lovelace
25th February 2010, 08:19 PM
I'm suddenly a whole lot more interested in this thread after my husband knocked an entire glass of wine over our MBP tonight. :(

Hurry up, new models.

ts10
25th February 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm suddenly a whole lot more interested in this thread after my husband knocked an entire glass of wine over our MBP tonight. :(

Hurry up, new models.

Ouuuuuuch!

cam_jac
27th February 2010, 01:30 PM
Went in to Next Byte Brisbane today and quizzed the guy about a possibe update whether it was worthwhile waiting or not, he said make your decision in "two weeks"........ Im thinking he is refering to the 14th of March..... I dont think I can hold on any longer.....

cosmichobo
27th February 2010, 02:00 PM
If Apple announce new Macbooks on this coming Tuesday... having just bought the base Macbook Pro today... I don't think it will greatly upset me.

What could it offer that would make it so worthwhile? Bit early for a complete redesign. Most likely just a speed bump, and - who can really tell the difference between 2.26 and 2.53 anyway...

(At least, that's what I'm telling myself now... :) )

Steeley
27th February 2010, 02:27 PM
If Apple announce new Macbooks on this coming Tuesday... having just bought the base Macbook Pro today... I don't think it will greatly upset me.

I bought one last Wednesday (had it replaced yesterday for a faulty trackpad). I don't care when they release them either. I decided that the specs are sufficiently high enough to get through what I need it to do so there was no point waiting.

I needed it for university anyway, which started last week.

cosmichobo
27th February 2010, 02:31 PM
I needed it for university anyway, which started last week.

Exactly. I've often enough told others - if you need it now, and it does what you need, then buy it - who cares if it gets a new bell or whistle next week.

So figured better practice as I preach!

bljpoad
27th February 2010, 02:34 PM

What could it offer that would make it so worthwhile? Bit early for a complete redesign. Most likely just a speed bump, and - who can really tell the difference between 2.26 and 2.53 anyway...

I purchased the same model machine a couple of weeks back and haven't been feeling any pangs of regret watching the "will it be this Wednesday" ritual. At the end of the day, 2.26GHz is more than enough to do Word, scientific spreadsheets and browse the net :)

EDIT: that is what I am using mine for anyway

opilot87
27th February 2010, 03:53 PM

I agree, although isn't it usually the case where you can return the item within 2 weeks anyway? So if a new one comes out, you will probably still be able to return it for the upgrade model or cheaper price.

Ollie

tonyberinson
27th February 2010, 06:42 PM
you all have no idea...

only apple knows...

FergusB
27th February 2010, 07:43 PM
No - Only Steve knows.

But I do hope that he knows I would like it to be released on Tuesday...

The_Hawk
4th March 2010, 08:05 AM
Just got the DSE 10% off promotional email...

euphospug
4th March 2010, 12:46 PM
yeah that 2.8ghz MBP is a sweet deal.

DeanCorp
4th March 2010, 10:09 PM
Next week guys :D :D

I'm waiting for my MacBook Air.

NILcorp
4th March 2010, 10:30 PM
Not going to happen. Rumours say that Apple and Intel are having a feud just because Apple made the A4 Processor. Intel thinks that was a sign of competition. I'll try and find some links but I've been hearing this a lot lately.

DeanCorp
4th March 2010, 10:59 PM
Not going to happen. Rumours say that Apple and Intel are having a feud just because Apple made the A4 Processor. Intel thinks that was a sign of competition. I'll try and find some links but I've been hearing this a lot lately.

Me too, but explain the sudden sales for Dicksmith 10% off and Myer's constant discounts that only apply to laptops (while stocks last) and that is the point. No-one has stock.

Next week...

Sebastianmonty
4th March 2010, 11:31 PM
Look I would love an i7 MBP. My 2.8Ghz MBP 17inch is a little slow(maybe I need to reinstall though).
Anyway, let's say they announce it on Tuesday. Then they will ship it 4 weeks later. Then you will wait another 4-6 weeks to get it. Then you will spend another 4-6 weeks wishing for the firmware upgrades just like the iMac i7.

I am hoping they are building up the supplies and that they have all been tested so they can release and ship instantly- but I am too hopeful.

NILcorp
4th March 2010, 11:40 PM
Me too, but explain the sudden sales for Dicksmith 10% off and Myer's constant discounts that only apply to laptops (while stocks last) and that is the point. No-one has stock.

Next week...

Dick Smith has been giving 10% off since the beginning of January as my cousin got one, so I've been keeping track of that. Myer always have discounts on their Macs. Sometimes they're giving free Office for Mac, free 1TB drive, free EyeTV Stick, free iTunes Store vouchers and the list goes on... with the purchase of a Mac. Therefore I think this doesn't lead to the release of new MBPs anytime soon.

If you really wanna know when it is going to be released, keep googling leaked photos of i7 processor on MBP. That's how I kept up on the release of the iPad. It kinda works for me.

NILcorp
4th March 2010, 11:41 PM
I am hoping they are building up the supplies and that they have all been tested so they can release and ship instantly- but I am too hopeful.

I'm not gonna lose hope either. My uni has opened last week and I'm in the need of a new laptop since I spend most of the day at uni now. It'll help.

AnthoMac
5th March 2010, 06:08 AM
With iPad on everyone's mind I think it will be silly for Apple to release them now under the iPad shadow.
I've been waiting since the iPad announcement on these macs - the wait is indeed killing me especially since I sold my 15' MBP in anticipation to this and that uni has started already. Interested in a nice 13' form factor.

teej
5th March 2010, 09:42 AM

That rumour is just silly and belies an understanding of the hardware in question. It's much more likely that the delay is just due to Apple's diminutive resources being stretched by the iPad (remember Snow Leopard folks).

NILcorp
5th March 2010, 07:05 PM
That rumour is just silly and belies an understanding of the hardware in question. It's much more likely that the delay is just due to Apple's diminutive resources being stretched by the iPad (remember Snow Leopard folks).

How is it silly? It was on CNET news and such like 3 weeks ago or something. I was reading 'Monday Morning News' from this forum and that's where I found the link.

teej
5th March 2010, 07:26 PM
How is it silly? It was on CNET news and such like 3 weeks ago or something. I was reading 'Monday Morning News' from this forum and that's where I found the link.
Never assume writers and reporters know what they're on about in any depth. Most of the time, they know only what they're told.

Apple A4 is simply put, a custom motherboard design - it doesn't use an Apple CPU and it doesn't use an Apple GPU. The CPU's instruction set like the iPhone and iPod isn't even x86. So, why would Intel be annoyed about it anymore than they'd be annoyed about the choice of hardware in the original iPhone?

I'm going by Occam's razor the new models are slow to show up because Apple don't have the resources to get them out any quicker.

NILcorp
9th March 2010, 10:17 PM
Looks like I can keep my fingers crossed for MBP with i7 processors very soon:
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/82025-unreleased-core-i7-macbook-pro-6-1-benchmarked.html

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/02/06/022334-mbp61_500.jpg

My question is: Is this the real deal? Might or might not be :eek:

gareth
9th March 2010, 11:04 PM

The current mbps with the upgraded 3.06GHz CPU get a score around 4000/4100, so thats probably the real deal.

pyrite
10th March 2010, 05:03 AM
Looks like I can keep my fingers crossed for MBP with i7 processors very soon:
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/82025-unreleased-core-i7-macbook-pro-6-1-benchmarked.html

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/02/06/022334-mbp61_500.jpg

Oh sweet Lord let this be true... I've been hanging onto my pennies for this refresh for what feels like forever :( I've been so tempted to buy a refurb 13" but with this around the corner you'd have to be nuts. Can't wait to see what they drop into the 13"!!

rileybriggs
10th March 2010, 12:54 PM
How do you think the battery life will fare in these new macbooks. Might look into upgrading to one if they retain their amazing run time

NILcorp
10th March 2010, 05:44 PM
How do you think the battery life will fare in these new macbooks. Might look into upgrading to one if they retain their amazing run time

I can't find the link atm but I read somewhere that the new 13" and 15" will have 10hr battery life with WiFi and 17" will have 12hr battery life with WiFi. I'll keep looking through my Safari history to see if I can find the damn link. It looks legit as well.

One more thing, MBA is going to go on steroids just like the iPod Touch did which eventually became an iPad. Haven't found much info about this yet but I read a bit about it on MacRumors.

vargz
11th March 2010, 08:54 PM
I too am in line for a new MBP 13.

I just think it is cutting so close to the iPad release, Apple don't want to canibbalise potential iPad sales, particularly given the mixed reaction it received after its announcement. As others have mentioned, resourcing may also be an issue, adding to to this, that many Apple products are now behind their average update cycles.

My stab would be for the MBP to be quietly updated a couple of weeks after the US iPad goes on sale, so mid-late April. The only glimmer of hope for something sooner is the rumoured Mac Pro update next week.

In any case, I'll keep refreshing the Apple Store in my browser on Tuesday nights / Wednesday mornings each week until something shows up. Cos it is a given, we will have an updated MBP, it's just a question of when :)

Anthonyw
17th March 2010, 09:20 PM
Getting closer?

New MacBook Pro, Air and Mac Pro pricing potentially leaked by Apple ads -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/new-macbook-pro-air-and-mac-pro-pricing-potentially-leaked-by-a/)

vargz
17th March 2010, 09:51 PM
Getting closer?

New MacBook Pro, Air and Mac Pro pricing potentially leaked by Apple ads -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/new-macbook-pro-air-and-mac-pro-pricing-potentially-leaked-by-a/)

http://www.s2d6.com/creatives/13941/mac%20pro_728x90_au.jpg

http://www.s2d6.com/creatives/13941/au_macbookpro_728x90.jpg

http://www.s2d6.com/creatives/13941/au_macbookair_728x90.jpg

The most compelling evidence of imminent updates yet! :thumbup:

wholikespotatoes
17th March 2010, 09:52 PM
Costs more dollars by the looks of it though...

avolve
17th March 2010, 09:56 PM
Getting closer?

Ouch on the price!

vargz
17th March 2010, 09:59 PM
Yep, that's the bad news ...

So the top of the line 13" would go up from $2,000 to $2,400. And the current refurb model equivalent looks very attractive at $1,700.

Guess we gotta wait and see what really eventuates, as we know nothing of the specs.

Anthonyw
17th March 2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah price jump is interesting, back to similar prices on the Macbook Pros to 6 months ago.
Depends what is in them though (assuming they are correct of course)

Apoptosis
17th March 2010, 10:09 PM
Considering where our dollar is sitting in comparison to the US there'd bloody well wanna be some significant spec level bumps to go along with those price rises! Upgrading from a last-gen chip to a current gen chip shouldn't necessitate such a huge price rise!

lailaikatong
17th March 2010, 10:42 PM
Those ads are probably from 6 months ago, before the price drops happened. IMO they're more like outdated adverts instead of new ones advertising products that are not out yet.

samuelowens
17th March 2010, 11:30 PM
Those ads are probably from 6 months ago, before the price drops happened. IMO they're more like outdated adverts instead of new ones advertising products that are not out yet.

Quite correct...

Apple Introduces New Mac Pro (http://www.apple.com/nz/pr/library/2009/03/03macpro.html)
Apple Updates MacBook Pro Family with New Models & Innovative Built-in Battery for Up to 40 Percent Longer Battery Life (http://www.apple.com/nz/pr/library/2009/06/08mbp.html)
Apple Updates MacBook Pro Family with New Models & Innovative Built-in Battery for Up to 40 Percent Longer Battery Life (http://www.apple.com/au/pr/library/2009/06/08mbp.html)
Apple Introduces New Mac Pro (http://www.apple.com/au/pr/library/2009/03/03macpro.html)

kerr
18th March 2010, 03:56 PM
Have never had a Mac of any description, but I'm considering the next-gen 13" MBP. I should be in the US Oct/Nov, so maybe I can pick one up then, assuming a new one does get released.

teej
18th March 2010, 04:07 PM
Have never had a Mac of any description, but I'm considering the next-gen 13" MBP. I should be in the US Oct/Nov, so maybe I can pick one up then, assuming a new one does get released.

A new one ought to be out well before then. Pure conjecture but my bet is they'll show up after the iPad's launch but well before WWDC somewhere in the window of a week either side of May 4.

Ecto1
18th March 2010, 04:13 PM
Here is something making the rounds at the moment. I know it's most likely fake but one can dream. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1271/macbook3dfinalsmall.jpg

bawpcwpn
18th March 2010, 05:30 PM
I love the effort some people go to for mockups. These types of creatives should be employed in R&D at Apple.

Sebastianmonty
20th March 2010, 10:44 AM
I love the effort some people go to for mockups. These types of creatives should be employed in R&D at Apple.

I agree. The time spent on a product that you know doesn't exist is huge.
You have to wonder, does Apple sometimes make these? It could get the rumour sites going which would then get polls going and apple would just need to browse the web to find out what people want without having to do surveys.

I think they are Apple crated fake leaks. You have to have a lot of skill to produce one of those from your home computer.

chrsha01
20th March 2010, 11:21 AM
Intel Experiencing Shortages of Notebook Chips? - Mac Rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/03/19/intel-experiencing-shortages-of-notebook-chips/).......this would explain the longgggg wait :(

ZirconiumZephyr
21st March 2010, 08:54 PM
hoping they release the new models soon. Old pro's don't seem to be shipping anymore so it shouldn't be too long. Maybe they are just waiting so as to avoid the i7 iMac debacle.

mjankor
21st March 2010, 10:53 PM
They're going to be released this tuesday.

I know, because I just bought my new 17"

I hope you're all proud of me for taking one for the team :p

NILcorp
22nd March 2010, 08:34 AM
No it won't lol. We can't expect anything until April ~15th when Intel completes their huge orders for Acer, HP, Asus and Dell. Also, Jobs is just wayyy to busy with the iPad for release to the public in ~3 weeks.

ZirconiumZephyr
22nd March 2010, 09:50 PM
How annoying. It's just not a great time to be buying the pro's at all. As far as specs go, the base macbook is on par with the base pro and compared with the latest PC offerings, the macs are lagging a long way behind.

NILcorp
22nd March 2010, 10:32 PM
Not just spec-wise, price-wise as well.

DeanCorp
23rd March 2010, 06:26 AM
My prediction, laptops WON'T be released this week and there will be a price rise for the new models.

samuelowens
23rd March 2010, 06:55 AM
Won't be a price rise (unless the price is also increased in recession-hit America, which it won't be). The dollar is about the same now as it was when the prices were last updated (92c v 90c)...

areal
23rd March 2010, 09:34 AM

My prediction, laptops WON'T be released this week and there will be a price rise for the new models.

How sure are you this time? :p

cam_jac
23rd March 2010, 01:34 PM
From the retailers mouth......

From: David Burkett [mailto:David.Burkett@nextbyte.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 18 March 2010 9:52 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Next Byte Sales Quote

My inclination would be after the free iPod offer finishes at the end of the month, so sometime in early April.

Will keep you informed!

Dave

forno
23rd March 2010, 01:37 PM

To:

My inclination would be after the free iPod offer finishes at the end of the month, so sometime in early April.

Will keep you informed!

Dave

Status quo

Ruotian
23rd March 2010, 02:36 PM

To:

Will keep you informed!

Dave

This promotion is for Australia/NZ only. Aus/NZ is not Apple's major market as far as I know. Education market is not a major market in Aus/NZ. Therefore I don't think Apple would plan around this promotion.

Ruotian

gehenna
23rd March 2010, 02:41 PM

To:

Will keep you informed!

Dave

This is rubbish, no-one knows. This is only conjecture like everything else until the minute the items show up on the store.

dholms
24th March 2010, 10:42 AM
Who's gonna say "stuff it" and buy on the 29th? And who is gonna smoke a joint and mellow out and wait for the refresh?

In APA style 6th edition please explain why.

Melishunt
24th March 2010, 10:58 AM
This may have been the same guy at Next Byte that I spoke too, I am in need of a new MBP after mine was rendered useless by liquid damage, but I am waiting untill the refresh before I buy. Definately betting on i7 chips and HOPEFULLY Blue Ray drive... When will the 24" LED screens be made cheap enough for the average person to buy one aswell? They're beautiful screens but for $1100+ it's a bit of a hard bargain...

teej
24th March 2010, 10:59 AM
Who's gonna say "stuff it" and buy on the 29th? And who is gonna smoke a joint and mellow out and wait for the refresh?

I'm going to hold out for the refresh and then buy a ThinkPad.

And a refurbished MacBook. The stuff I need grunt for isn't tied to OS X and I suspect I can probably get more bang for the almighty buck this way; I'm in no rush and hoping for a surprise though ;)

Melishunt
24th March 2010, 11:00 AM

I've never been one too wait but even I'm gonna wait for the refresh.. There's no way I'm spending all that money only to find out it's outdated in a week.

Sebastianmonty
24th March 2010, 01:13 PM
You can always buy the MBP and return it within 14 days- as long as it isn't custom build to order- and then get the new one if it's released within 14 days.
But I would hold out too.

I use macrumors to check on how long since the previous update. Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro)

It's 289 days since and average is 200.

The worst thing is the Mac Pro
Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac_Pro)

The 8 core is close to $5000 and Apple AU had, yesterday, a refurb model for $2800 which makes it great value. Anyway good luck waiting.

kerr
24th March 2010, 03:33 PM
Not to worry.

nike1
24th March 2010, 03:48 PM
spoke to a guy at local mac store.
apparently a week and a half away.

gehenna
24th March 2010, 03:49 PM

How lucky he is to be privy to information no-one else on Earth has.

Steeley
24th March 2010, 03:52 PM
Lol...I bought my Macbook Pro six weeks ago now, and back then it was supposed to be only 2 days away. So not worth the wait.

Sebastianmonty
24th March 2010, 10:56 PM

Not to be a smart arse but he would have likely said that for the last 2 months.
Apple is the best organisation in the world for controlling leaks and purposely leaking info.

I hope the guy is right but it's simple enough to understand. He has to be right sometime as Apple isn't going to go bust and never make another MBP again.

mjankor
24th March 2010, 11:38 PM
I just bought a refurb 17" MBP.

It's beeaaaauuuuuuuuutiiffffffffuuuullll!!!

DeanCorp
24th March 2010, 11:41 PM
I just bought a refurb 17" MBP.

It's beeaaaauuuuuuuuutiiffffffffuuuullll!!!

It's great for now until the quad core will be released with a better battery :)

areal
24th March 2010, 11:43 PM
It's great for now until the quad core will be released with a better battery :)

Yeah, in three months for twice the price. Sweet.

DeanCorp
24th March 2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah, in three months for twice the price. Sweet.

I'm now guessing next week...

gr8bob
25th March 2010, 02:31 AM

That's what you've said a month ago. :D

vecsty
25th March 2010, 06:45 AM

Is that your sales pitch ?

DeanCorp
25th March 2010, 07:12 AM
Is that your sales pitch ?

Wouldn't be a good sales pitch to tell customers new model is coming therefore don't buy would it??

forno
25th March 2010, 07:33 AM
Wouldn't be a good sales pitch to tell customers new model is coming therefore don't buy would it??

Ofcourse not!

Tell them this is the best MBP ever, then when the new comes out "in a couple of weeks" Tell them they need to upgrade:frustrating:

bljpoad
25th March 2010, 08:42 AM
Lol...I bought my Macbook Pro six weeks ago now, and back then it was supposed to be only 2 days away. So not worth the wait.

Ditto here. As the well worn saying goes, buy it if you need it now. I needed mine back in Feb. :)
- Bez

DeanCorp
25th March 2010, 01:07 PM
Hahah! True. Or tell them adding 8GB of RAM and an Intel 160GB G2 SSD will be better than the performance from the new model for everyday use and better profit too!!!

teej
25th March 2010, 01:35 PM
Hahah! True. Or tell them adding 8GB of RAM and an Intel 160GB G2 SSD will be better than the performance from the new model for everyday use and better profit too!!!
It'd be nice to think Intel SSD's would be a part of the new model range... but I don't think Apple's got the gumption :ambivalent:

avolve
26th March 2010, 07:21 AM
Today Apple's online store has a variety of refurbished MacBook and MacBook Pro models starting at $849 for the white, unibody MacBook with a 2.26GHz processor, 2GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive. Other features include a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics processor, a built-in 7-hour battery, glass multi-touch trackpad, and LED-backlit display all in a durable unibody enclosure.

MacBook Pros start at $999 for the 13.3-inch, 2.26GHz model with 2GB of RAM and a 160GB hard drive. A 13.3-inch MBP with a 2.26GHz processor, 2GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD is available for $1749. The 15.4-inch MBPs start at $1449 with a 2.53GHz processor, 4GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive, and go up to $2789 for the 3.06GHz model with 4GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. A wide selection of 17-inch MacBook Pro models are also available for as low as $1949 for a 2.66GHz model with 4GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive. Choose from a range of MacBook Air configurations as well starting at $1199 for the 1.8GHz model with 2GB of RAM and a 64GB solid-state drive.

Apple refurbs: MacBooks from $849 | MacNN (http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/03/25/macbook.macbook.pro.macbook.air/)

samuelowens
26th March 2010, 07:37 AM
Apple refurbs: MacBooks from $849 | MacNN (http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/03/25/macbook.macbook.pro.macbook.air/)

Yes, but they're American prices. If I could get an MBP for $999, I'd snap one up in a heartbeat...

Some idle speculation... Perhaps Apple is back in the same rut it faced at the end of the PowerBook G4 days. They've possibly been waiting on a chipset that never comes (i.e. a new Intel processor with Nvidia graphics) and now find themselves having to reengineer the machines around straight Intel chipsets...

avolve
26th March 2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, but they're American prices. If I could get an MBP for $999, I'd snap one up in a heartbeat...

The link was shared with me in a context similar to this intent of this thread (not about the price) i.e. speculation

samuelowens
26th March 2010, 01:45 PM
There's nothing novel about refurbs of the current model being on the store though. All current models have made appearances over the past several weeks (even the current white MacBook)...

nibbles
26th March 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm going to hold out for the refresh and then buy a ThinkPad.

And a refurbished MacBook. The stuff I need grunt for isn't tied to OS X and I suspect I can probably get more bang for the almighty buck this way; I'm in no rush and hoping for a surprise though ;)
I'll be given a think pad first week back next term, i'll tell you whether I like it or not

That's off topic but anyway when is this release date?

davidw89
26th March 2010, 04:07 PM
Anyone have any idea why it's taking them so long to refresh?

~Coxy
26th March 2010, 04:22 PM
Anyone have any idea why it's taking them so long to refresh?

A little thing called the iPad is coming out this quarter, you might have heard of it!

Also, someone else mentioned that the other big manufacturers have first dibs on Intel's new CPUs.

Melishunt
28th March 2010, 10:13 PM
the delay on the macBOOKpro I can comprehend, but I don't know why they put out the 27" i7 iMac so long ago without putting out atleast an i7 macpro. am I dreaming in hoping the new MBP has blu Ray player/burner? my MBP was liquid damaged and written off so I'm waiting anxiously for the refresh

~Coxy
29th March 2010, 10:59 AM
There is an i7 Mac Pro?

New MBPs probably won't have BluRay but hopefully they'll be refreshed not too long after the iPad worldwide launch.

Rust
1st April 2010, 08:43 AM
I can't wait myself...does anyone know if they did refresh them with i7 and/or i5 CPUs, would my current unibody 2009 MacBook pro RAM be compatible or would they use faster RAM on the newer Motherboards?

gehenna
1st April 2010, 08:53 AM
I can't wait myself...does anyone know if they did refresh them with i7 and/or i5 CPUs, would my current unibody 2009 MacBook pro RAM be compatible or would they use faster RAM on the newer Motherboards?

No new MBP's yet.

RAM depends on any other changes they make.

~Coxy
1st April 2010, 11:12 AM
I believe that the DDR3 RAM used on i5s is of a lower voltage than the DDR3 RAM used for Core 2 Duos, so they may be incompatible.

The best way to tell right now would be to compare your RAM specs with those of a new i5 laptop from another manufacturer.

Melishunt
4th April 2010, 06:35 PM
sorry but Just wanted to bump this post since the thought of how close the MBP i7 could be is actually giving me a semi. yes, seriously... Unboxing that beast (and I'm SURE it will eventuate) is going to be like the first time undressing a woman. and I'm going hole hog too... 17" and 8gb RAM. If Steve chucks in a blu ray i will tongue him. I DON'T CARE what the price is.... Add it to my iPad bill. And while you're at it chuck in a 30" LED

DeanCorp
4th April 2010, 11:35 PM
sorry but Just wanted to bump this post since the thought of how close the MBP i7 could be is actually giving me a semi. yes, seriously... Unboxing that beast (and I'm SURE it will eventuate) is going to be like the first time undressing a woman. and I'm going hole hog too... 17" and 8gb RAM. If Steve chucks in a blu ray i will tongue him. I DON'T CARE what the price is.... Add it to my iPad bill. And while you're at it chuck in a 30" LED

That made me laugh out loud! :)

I am predicting no new laptops this week either :(

Melishunt
4th April 2010, 11:51 PM
they say the end of the month... nut they SAID the earth was flat..
But I also got the same words from the local dealer.. they'l be coming out soon so don't buy now.. and this guy would try to sell rollerskates to a parraplegic

DeanCorp
5th April 2010, 12:12 AM
they say the end of the month... nut they SAID the earth was flat..
But I also got the same words from the local dealer.. they'l be coming out soon so don't buy now.. and this guy would try to sell rollerskates to a parraplegic

You sir should sign yourself up next year for the comedy festival!!

nibbles
6th April 2010, 12:04 PM
They may be released with the os 4.0 on friday

Melishunt
6th April 2010, 02:24 PM
This means I will be buying an iPad, Macbook Pro and new iPhone all in the same month.

jok3r
6th April 2010, 02:33 PM
Figners crossed they sneakly throw it in the iPhone 4.0 Announcements :)

DeanCorp
6th April 2010, 02:33 PM
They may be released with the os 4.0 on friday

Bet you $50,000 it won't be this friday?

nibbles
6th April 2010, 02:41 PM

Well when ever the os 4 event is anyway

gehenna
6th April 2010, 02:48 PM
Well when ever the os 4 event is anyway

That's still Friday.

DeanCorp
6th April 2010, 03:35 PM
That's still Friday.

Yep, bet's still valid. I will take $100 if I am right. If you are right, $50,000 :) I'm that sure!

xpv43
6th April 2010, 04:20 PM
How are you so sure, DeanCorp? I'm intrigued...

samuelowens
6th April 2010, 04:39 PM
Probably logic. They won't want to release the new MBPs while iPhone 4.0 is hogging the spotlight...

DeanCorp
6th April 2010, 06:45 PM

I would have thought you would have worked it out by now. Remember the AppleTV ;)

nibbles
6th April 2010, 06:54 PM

I'm not prepared to bet that, I probably haven't know apple release patterns for as long as you since up until 1 year ago I didn't really care about mac releases that much, I had my iBook G4 and it did the job. Maybe you will be right or maybe you will be wrong, macbook pros may get a small refresh where steve says at the end of the keynote 'Oh and before you go we have updated the macbook pro's here is some of the specs just check out the website for more info' or something like that or it could be OS 4.0 is only part of the keynote and there is some stuff about the future of apple products and newly released products.

One thing is certain he will mention the iPad a few times during the keynote

xpv43
6th April 2010, 07:29 PM
I would have thought you would have worked it out by now. Remember the AppleTV ;)

I remember the Apple TV... Which made me think you might have received some new stock today ready for tomorrow... But you said earlier in the thread that it wouldn't be this week. So I don't know how you'd know that it's still a few weeks away with any certainty.

I'm still intrigued.

areal
6th April 2010, 07:42 PM
So I don't know how you'd know that it's still a few weeks away with any certainty.

That's because he doesn't know. DeanCorp is not Mr. X.

El Guardo
6th April 2010, 10:16 PM

Only in the rarest of cases does Apple break with tradition - said traditional being that product releases/updates are done on Tuesday mornings Cupertino time, which is Wednesday for us.

Rust
7th April 2010, 08:49 AM
Hopefully they get a refresh this month at least...Interested to see what kind of spec bump the 13" MBP gets...Just upgraded my unibody 13" MBP with the new 1TB internal WD drives. Waiting to see wether i take that drive and put it into a new 13" MBP or just upgrade my current one to 8GB RAM and keep it. Depends on how good the spec bump is...

DeanCorp
7th April 2010, 01:22 PM
So who is willing to bet with me? I am prepared to put some serious money on NOTHING being released this Friday....

El Guardo
7th April 2010, 01:44 PM
I am prepared to put some serious money on NOTHING being released this Friday....

Money? Pft.... If you're so confident, why not put a testicle on the line? I have a cut-throat razor that will slice it off in less than a second. We're both in Melbourne. You lose the bet and its a Won Ton soup for all at the Bat Cave come lunchtime.

And I'm being serious.

Keving
7th April 2010, 01:54 PM
Money? Pft.... If you're so confident, why not put a testicle on the line? I have a cut-throat razor that will slice it off in less than a second. We're both in Melbourne. You lose the bet and its a Won Ton soup for all at the Bat Cave come lunchtime.

And I'm being serious.

This sounds hot.

DO IT!

Rust
7th April 2010, 01:54 PM
lol

DeanCorp
7th April 2010, 01:58 PM
Alright and I get to chop off your hands so you can never type again if you lose!

El Guardo
7th April 2010, 02:07 PM
Alright and I get to chop off your hands so you can never type again if you lose!

The iPad will still work with stumps, noses and sausages.

Yep, bet's still valid. I will take $100 if I am right. If you are right, $50,000 :) I'm that sure!

That's a rather sizeable disparity between the two sides of the bet - so one testicle for two hands is likely not in the original spirit. And that of course ignores my belief that there will be no product releases - thus agreeing with you. I'm just saying, if you're that confident, put something significant* up for grabs.

* It's entirely possible your testicles might not be significant.

DeanCorp
7th April 2010, 02:12 PM
No! I need my testicles. I was saying that I'm absolutely certain no new models!

forno
7th April 2010, 02:15 PM
So who is willing to bet with me? I am prepared to put some serious money on NOTHING being released this Friday....

How about you actually pick a day for the release and stick to it rather than the "this week for sure" thing that you have been doing.

nothing by friday is a no brainer

DeanCorp
7th April 2010, 02:30 PM
How about you actually pick a day for the release and stick to it rather than the "this week for sure" thing that you have been doing.

nothing by friday is a no brainer

In that case either Tuesday 13th or Tuesday 20th definitely. I am betting it will be the 13th.

forno
7th April 2010, 02:37 PM
In that case either Tuesday 13th or Tuesday 20th definitely. I am betting it will be the 13th.

LOL, put your nuts on the line son!

El Guardo
7th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Here's how this months calendar roughly pans out:

Week One: WiFi iPad (US)
Week Two: iPhone OS 4.0 Preview
Week Three:
Week Four: 3G & WiFi iPad (Worldwide)

You really think Apple is going to release updated products in a month dominated by a product they deem to be a revolutionary advancement in personal computing?

DeanCorp
7th April 2010, 04:36 PM
Explain the low stock situation at every reseller Australia wide then?

dacoda
7th April 2010, 06:24 PM
I bet DeanCorp's testicles that the refresh will be on the 27th-28th April (tuesday night/wednesday morning) ....Week 5....after both the iPad models have been released internationally.

Sorry DeanCorp, nothing personal.

vecsty
7th April 2010, 08:43 PM
Explain the low stock situation at every reseller Australia wide then?

Every reseller, are you including the Apple store in that ?

DeanCorp
8th April 2010, 09:11 AM
Every reseller, are you including the Apple store in that ?

Obviously not, they get different stock allocation, to Australian Resellers.

Melishunt
9th April 2010, 04:21 AM
Ok... all sites and information (rumours etc) seem to be pointing to next Tuesday April 13thth for the release to the new Macbook Pro lineup. Let's hope!!

Melishunt
9th April 2010, 06:57 PM
when you order a MacBook pro online and customize to order... is it possible to get better graphics cards pit into them? anyone know??????? I am waiting for the refresh and plannin on getting i7 with 8gig ram and if possible the best graphics card I can get. also I'm unsure as to get the 24" led ascreen as even on the apple site there is mixed reviews on it... nothing definitive

nibbles
10th April 2010, 03:29 PM
Wonder whether they will update the iMacs as well, If they do I hope it's only a small update

opilot87
10th April 2010, 05:41 PM
Wonder whether they will update the iMacs as well, If they do I hope it's only a small update

No way, they have just been updated. Nothing they can really update either in terms of new chips/tech etc. And pricing/specs are adequate already.

Ollie

nibbles
10th April 2010, 06:06 PM
Didn't they update the Macbook pros in october as well?

Meh 626
10th April 2010, 06:13 PM
Didn't they update the Macbook pros in october as well?

No, the last refresh for the MacBook Pro's was 8th June 2009, over 305 days ago.

Mac Buyer's Guide: MacBook Pro (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro)

tcn33
11th April 2010, 11:45 AM
Paging Mr X to the thread.

MacBook Pro Updates Imminent (Really), Part Numbers Appear - Mac Rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/10/macbook-pro-updates-imminent-really-part-numbers-appear/)

m4dvillain
11th April 2010, 12:37 PM
looks like they're dropping the 13" mbp from the new SKUs that have appeared

nibbles
11th April 2010, 01:05 PM
They better not drop the 13" pros, if they drop anything it should be the 13" MacBooks, what are sku's??

Meh 626
11th April 2010, 01:33 PM
They better not drop the 13" pros, if they drop anything it should be the 13" MacBooks, what are sku's??

Stock Keeping Unit

A stock-keeping unit or SKU is a unique identifier for each distinct product and service that can be purchased.

SKU also helps a company track and manage stock and product availability.

Stock-keeping unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock-keeping_unit)

tranp
11th April 2010, 10:38 PM
Knowing my luck, they will get updated this week while I'm trying to sell my current model MBP!

Apoptosis
11th April 2010, 10:40 PM
They will update within the week.

I know this because I just bought a MacBook lol.

mjankor
12th April 2010, 08:43 AM
They will update within the week.

I know this because I just bought a MacBook lol.

I tried that already. Seems Apple is playing games with my definition of fate!!!

Melishunt
12th April 2010, 10:35 AM
The release is going to be this Tuesday the 13th. Anybody know the answer to my question about buying customized macs off the net and if it's possible to have better graphics cards put him them????

teej
12th April 2010, 10:57 AM
The release is going to be this Tuesday the 13th. Anybody know the answer to my question about buying customized macs off the net and if it's possible to have better graphics cards put him them????

In the past it has been possible to order machines (online or otherwise) with better graphics cards when Apple have made the option available.

~Coxy
12th April 2010, 10:59 AM
You can't put a better GPU in a MBP, what Apple gives you is the only thing you can have.

The high end MBP will probably have a better GPU and/or more VRAM than the lower end models.

dacoda
13th April 2010, 08:27 AM
It's getting close. I reckon it's tonight/tomorrow morning. According to this article by apple insider, Apple Store's aren't taking any orders for macbook pro's even though they have no stock.

AppleInsider | Apple halts retail orders for MacBook Pros ahead of new models (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/04/12/apple_halts_retail_orders_for_macbook_pros_ahead_o f_new_models.html)

Giggidy

nibbles
13th April 2010, 09:39 AM
I am going out on a limb and saying if it's going to happen it will happen at about 9pm our time

teej
13th April 2010, 09:49 AM
I am going out on a limb and saying if it's going to happen it will happen at about 9pm our time

4 am PDT really?

DeanCorp
13th April 2010, 10:17 AM

It's normally about 7AM/8AM PDT. But as I predicted it will be tonight :)

neg2led
13th April 2010, 11:01 AM
I hope so... after my 15" late-2008 died (1400$ repair bill, no way im paying that) i needs a new one...

--neg

tcn33
13th April 2010, 11:02 AM
as I predicted

Which time?

vecsty
13th April 2010, 11:25 AM
Which time?

Its just to easy at times dont you think.. just to easy

:D

areal
13th April 2010, 11:35 AM
It's normally about 7AM/8AM PDT. But as I predicted it will be tonight :)

Even a broken MacBook Pro refresh omg1 clock is right once a year.

DeanCorp
13th April 2010, 01:29 PM
Which time?

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/951438-post158.html

tcn33
13th April 2010, 01:40 PM
Oh, right. I guess after a while all these predictions start to blur together.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/76594-official-mactalk-zomg-apple-store-down-powerbook-g5-ftw-1-thread.html#post931957
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/74589-possible-macbook-pro-refresh.html#post936210
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/74589-possible-macbook-pro-refresh.html#post936998
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/74589-possible-macbook-pro-refresh.html#post939956
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/74589-possible-macbook-pro-refresh-2.html#post947051

El Guardo
13th April 2010, 03:14 PM
Which time?

Gold. :D

El Guardo
13th April 2010, 03:15 PM
I hope so... after my 15" late-2008 died (1400$ repair bill, no way im paying that) i needs a new one...

Is it covered under home and contents insurance? If so, pay an excess and a new one is yours...

DeanCorp
13th April 2010, 03:46 PM
Gold. :D

Haha, I'm still right...

Lockley
13th April 2010, 04:39 PM
i hope its tonight but you never know

Stez
13th April 2010, 04:41 PM
Haha better for me knowing I have the latest MBP :P

opilot87
13th April 2010, 07:03 PM
Just quitely, I'm really hoping they will release a 21.5" Cinema Display (ala 24" CD), at a reasonable price (ie farrrrrrr cheaper than the 24" is currently). Considering the price of a 21.5" iMac, the screen by itself shouldn't cost anymore than $700 MAX

Ollie

Akshunhiro
13th April 2010, 08:51 PM
Well, looks like tonight is the night. The Apple store is down...

Yippeeee!

AnthoMac
13th April 2010, 08:56 PM
zomg the APPLE STOER IS DOWN!!!11!1!one

ps where's the official 'the apple store is down' thread?

ts10
13th April 2010, 09:02 PM
zomg the APPLE STOER IS DOWN!!!11!1!one

ps where's the official 'the apple store is down' thread?

Right above you ;)

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/76594-official-mactalk-zomg-apple-store-down-powerbook-g5-ftw-1-thread-10.html

AnthoMac
13th April 2010, 09:17 PM
oh lol I got so excited I failed to look!

Seriously, I sold my MBP just prior to the iPad announcement thinking they would announce the MBPs then, and I have been stuck with my Windows 7 PC and MacBook Slow aka PowerBook ever since; even 7's been growing on me.

nibbles
13th April 2010, 09:22 PM

I was right, DeanCrop doubted me but I was right

NathR32
13th April 2010, 09:23 PM
My e-penis is bigger than all the rest of yours.

nibbles
13th April 2010, 09:27 PM
how long is the store usually down for?

NORMANDY
13th April 2010, 09:30 PM
usually 1-2 hours

Akshunhiro
13th April 2010, 09:36 PM
That GPU appears to be a bit of a let down.

The Nvidia GeForce GT 335M is a laptop graphics card for middle class gaming notebooks. It features 72 cores - and therefore a lot more than the 48 cores of the GT 330M. Compared to the GTS models, the GT 335M does not support GDDR5.

Lutze
13th April 2010, 10:23 PM
That GPU appears to be a bit of a let down.

/slap

Really? On speculative specs. /SLAP

And yes, if you post this again in another thread I'll find it and /slap you again! :p

Get a grip of yourself, no not that way! I hope that the store ends up being brought back up with nothing changed. Get Over It.

Ecto1
13th April 2010, 10:37 PM
Stores back up and we have new MBP.

NathR32
13th April 2010, 10:39 PM
Meh, nothing special there. Better prices though. Shame they couldn't put an i5 into a 13" model.

Akshunhiro
13th April 2010, 11:33 PM
/slap

Really? On speculative specs. /SLAP

And yes, if you post this again in another thread I'll find it and /slap you again! :p

Get a grip of yourself, no not that way! I hope that the store ends up being brought back up with nothing changed. Get Over It.
I'd feel pretty silly if I was user 'Lutze'

kerr
14th April 2010, 05:15 AM
Meh, nothing special there. Better prices though. Shame they couldn't put an i5 into a 13" model.

Bloody annoying :mad:

neg2led
14th April 2010, 09:42 AM
Is it covered under home and contents insurance? If so, pay an excess and a new one is yours...

sadly it isn't covered :(

--neg

sleek881
14th April 2010, 11:56 AM

Auto switchable graphics with no user interaction, now thats new!

ts10
14th April 2010, 12:41 PM
Ordered my new baby.

15" i7, 8GB, 7200RPM, Hi-Res/AG display. Lovely!

tcn33
14th April 2010, 12:45 PM
Discussion continued here:

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/24/83546-mid-april-macbook-pro-updates.html