PDA

View Full Version : Growl update for Snow Leopard's out

angusg
2nd October 2009, 01:31 AM
And about time too :) Nice to have GrowlMail back

Snow Leopard can once again Growl | Utilities | MacUser | Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/143072/2009/09/growl_snowleopard.html?lsrc=nl_mwnws_h_crawl)

KaighNyne
3rd October 2009, 11:52 AM
Already got it.

Yes, it is nice to have it.

matthew858
3rd October 2009, 12:25 PM
Nice to have Growl back!

If you are with Bigpond, you can download it without it being counted towards your download limit from Telstra BigPond Broadband - File Downloads - Library (http://files.bigpond.com/library/index.php?go=download&id=47587)

tcn33
3rd October 2009, 12:56 PM
If you are with Bigpond, you can download it without it being counted towards your download limit

Uh, it's 5.2 MB. Alhough I guess if you're with Bigpond that's a fairly big chunk of your quota.

Al Aero
3rd October 2009, 01:05 PM
Uh, it's 5.2 MB. Alhough I guess if you're with Bigpond that's a fairly big chunk of your quota.

Zing!!!

matthew858
3rd October 2009, 02:12 PM

I'm trying to conserve as much data as I can for the 1MB for $100 that Bigpond wants to charge you each month.

Fourpaws
3rd October 2009, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone

I'm relatively new to the Mac world and am slowly learning how to use this wonderful machine (previously using a PC). Anyway, I was just reading this thread about Growlmail. Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does this program do? I went into the Growlmail link and had a read but am not sure it is something that I may need.

Would someone be able to give me some further info on this?

lazydesi
3rd October 2009, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone

I'm relatively new to the Mac world and am slowly learning how to use this wonderful machine (previously using a PC). Anyway, I was just reading this thread about Growlmail. Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does this program do? I went into the Growlmail link and had a read but am not sure it is something that I may need.

Would someone be able to give me some further info on this?

growl mac site:youtube.com - Google Search (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=growl+mac+site:youtube.com&btnG=Search&meta=)

rmac
3rd October 2009, 08:55 PM
i already had Growl 1.2 (what it said in the prefpane) but this update must be a bit newer. my System Preferences now opens in a snap instead of hanging or opening really slowly. this update mustve fixed that.

Fourpaws
3rd October 2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for that link. I'll go and check it out.

Al Aero
3rd October 2009, 10:01 PM
i already had Growl 1.2 (what it said in the prefpane) but this update must be a bit newer. my System Preferences now opens in a snap instead of hanging or opening really slowly. this update mustve fixed that.

I think the previous version was running under 32bit emulation hence the update is quicker since its 64bit..

KaighNyne
3rd October 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm trying to conserve as much data as I can for the 1MB for $100 that Bigpond wants to charge you each month.

Ouch! You need to get a real ISP I think... Wow, that's nuts.