PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements 3.0 Trial

macdonald
23rd July 2005, 03:45 PM
I have tried to install the trial of PSE 3.0 several times and I keep getting to the password stage where it gives me the "There were errors installing the software" message. I've repaired permissions thinking that might help but it didn't, any ideas?

MacNut
23rd July 2005, 04:50 PM
Have you used the trial before or is this the first time?
The trial will leave some files to try to stop people from using it ad infinitum.
If you have used it before use spotlight to find all files and delete them. They are found in places like users/yourname/library/receipts and or preferences.

Hope this helps :)

macdonald
25th July 2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by MacNut@Jul 23 2005, 04:20 PM
Have you used the trial before or is this the first time?
The trial will leave some files to try to stop people from using it ad infinitum.
If you have used it before use spotlight to find all files and delete them. They are found in places like users/yourname/library/receipts and or preferences.

Did as you suggested - was trying it for the first time BTW & it still didn&#39;t work. Looked on their site & a few discussion boards & other 10.4.X users were having same issues. Adobe Site in it&#39;s sys. reqs. said it was only good for Mac OS X v.10.2.8 or v.10.3 I have always understood that to mean "or higher" as in also 10.4.+. In this instance I guess I&#39;m mistaken <_<