PDA

View Full Version : Check this out Safari and Firefox

HeyCharger
28th September 2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys, is it just me or the system. I was trying to check out broadband internet plans with bigpond. With Safari I get very little info on the page, but when I put the same address into Firefox. Unbelievable!
Is there something wrong with my setup?

Internet Plans - Cable, ADSL, Wireless, Home Network, Dial-Up, Satellite - Telstra BigPond (http://www.bigpond.com/internet/plans/?ref=Net-Head-Int-Plans-Broadband)

KaighNyne
28th September 2009, 12:59 PM
Evidently, it's the same thing that's wrong with *my* setup. :confused:

I'm seeing the same thing here. Who knows what those kindly folks have done. Maybe someone here who's a web designer can look at this and figure out what's causing it.

Then again, *most* of the time I use Firefox, not Safari.

yagankiely
28th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Same here, but as above, I use Firefox mostly (though I do have 16+ browsers installed).

Granny Smith
28th September 2009, 02:35 PM
I get exactly the same info using the two different browsers - but in two completely different layouts.

rocketxr
28th September 2009, 03:01 PM
Mine looks exactly the same in both....

Maybe something is wrong with my system!!??

HeyCharger
30th September 2009, 12:49 PM
Gone back to Camino. Safari would not load some ebay pages properly (as well) and seeing I'm an ebayholic, gotta have full access :D

rudiger53
1st October 2009, 05:31 PM
Safari has some issues rendering pages properly so they look like they are meant to. Incidentally, so does Firefox.

The unfortunate thing is that even though its a big pile of buggy junk, Internet Explorer is the most used browser in the world by a long shot. So most companies just make sure it renders ok in IE, and then forget about Safari, Firefox, Operah and all the other good ones.

Lutze
1st October 2009, 06:17 PM
The unfortunate thing is that even though its a big pile of buggy junk, Internet Exploder 6 is the most used browser in the world by a long shot.

Fixed.

Man those windows users a shit house at updating their software.

marc
1st October 2009, 07:01 PM
The unfortunate thing is that even though its a big pile of buggy junk, Internet Explorer is the most used browser in the world by a long shot.
Not true at all. Internet Explorer counts for less than 3% of bjango.com's traffic (all versions of IE).

The days of IE 6 being important are on their way out. There's plenty of sites that have dropped all support for it. MobileMe doesn't support IE 6. Basecamp doesn't support IE 6. There's LOADS of modern web apps that are written to take advantage of features IE 6 doesn't have.

I think you'll find that HTML5 is going to be the big turning point though... there's so many great things that it enables, and browsers that don't support HTML5 will lose market share.

Firefox, Chrome and Safari are doing very well right now.

~Coxy
2nd October 2009, 10:48 AM
Not true at all. Internet Explorer counts for less than 3% of bjango.com's traffic (all versions of IE).

It's perfectly true. IE 6 is still the most used single browser version in the world. A lot of this usage is probably from mainly corporate networks surfing the internet during the day.

Bjango appears to be some iPhone dev company, I'm not surprised they have so little IE 6 traffic.

Check out
Usage share of web browsers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers)

IE accounts for roughly 65% of all users.
IE 6 only is 24%, and IE7 and 8 are about 20% each.