PDA

View Full Version : October Event?

MacRobbo
25th September 2009, 08:51 PM
Is there any chance Apple may have an October event for the so-claimed new iMacs and (hopefully) the slight 'limited' upgrade to the MacBooks which they have been purportedly producing? What do you guys think?

NeoRicen
25th September 2009, 09:25 PM
Yes, there are usually 2 events in 2 months around this time. In '07 we got iWork, iLife and new iMacs in August, and new iPods in September, in '08 we got iPods in September and unibody MacBooks and Cinema Displays in October.

I'd say it's pretty much a sure thing.

MacRobbo
25th September 2009, 09:33 PM
When do they usually announce it anyway? Im hoping for a unibody polycarbonate MacBook as I am after a MacBook, but I bet it aint going to happen. Hopefully there is some sort of limited upgrades to the MacBook family.

iJordie
25th September 2009, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the MacBook gained the built-in battery of the MBP's.
An SD card + FW800 might also make an appearance.

but don't quote me on that though. :)

NeoRicen
25th September 2009, 10:38 PM
When do they usually announce it anyway? Im hoping for a unibody polycarbonate MacBook as I am after a MacBook, but I bet it aint going to happen. Hopefully there is some sort of limited upgrades to the MacBook family.
Exactly 1 week before the event is when the invitations usually go out.

LevMac
26th September 2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah im hoping to see an event for the new iMac's too hopefully, and going by previous years, they will be holding an event at Apple Town Hall, where they introduced the aluminium iMac's and the unibody Macbook's......

We might hear of invitations next week.....

Ecto1
27th September 2009, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the MacBook gained the built-in battery of the MBP's.
An SD card + FW800 might also make an appearance.

but don't quote me on that though. :)

I dont think the MB will include any of that stuff. I think Apple would want to keep the MB as far away from the MBP's. You'll be lucky to see firewire in the MB. after all, the 13" MBP have it and if you want it buy one of them will be there excuse.

rileybriggs
28th September 2009, 01:24 AM
Id just like to see a price drop, and a slight redesign of the poly carbonate macbook. Bringing it back in black wouldnt make me sad either

amstrad_mac
28th September 2009, 08:23 AM
Im about to purchase the latest mac mini, should i hold off incase they bump the spec's for the mini aswell in a few weeks?

I've read a while back intel have stopped the production of the 1.6-2.0ghz processors - not sure if this is related to the mini's processors aswell.

iJohn
28th September 2009, 10:01 AM
this is where the itablet will unveiled

Al Aero
28th September 2009, 10:04 AM
Im about to purchase the latest mac mini, should i hold off incase they bump the spec's for the mini aswell in a few weeks?

I've read a while back intel have stopped the production of the 1.6-2.0ghz processors - not sure if this is related to the mini's processors aswell.

Buy now i reckon, no major update planned i recon

LevMac
28th September 2009, 10:51 AM
Im hoping we see an invite sent out either this week or next week, would be pretty exciting, since there is no more MacWorld, surely Apple would want to update the iMac's by end of this year ?

mitty
28th September 2009, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping for a Slight Mac Mini price drop (after all the dollar is very healthy right now). 2GB of RAM and a bigger HDD on the base model wouldn't go astray either. but it's not that long since the last update so maybe not. don't care about the rest.

amstrad_mac
28th September 2009, 11:45 AM
well i'm kind of thinking they might end up bumping the mini with a standard 2gb ram and 2.26Ghz instead of 2.0Ghz??

Hmm might just hold it off until the oct event..

yagankiely
28th September 2009, 03:22 PM
I want a price drop to the displays. EDUAU$2200 for an (amazing!) 24" screen is just too much for me.

NeoRicen
28th September 2009, 03:30 PM
this is where the itablet will unveiled
Errr, No.

The tablet is next year, we'll hear about it around the same time as MacWorld.

Exocet
28th September 2009, 03:54 PM
Errr, No.

The tablet is next year, we'll hear about it around the same time as MacWorld.
Do we get a Dux-style http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1446/emottoxx.gif clause (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/848561-post12.html) on that one?

LevMac
28th September 2009, 05:57 PM
I want a price drop to the displays. EDUAU$2200 for an (amazing!) 24" screen is just too much for me.

$2200 for a 24" LED Cinema Display ? Sorry mate, but its $1249 EDU AU and normal retail for $1499..

yagankiely
28th September 2009, 06:23 PM
oops typo. 1200, not 2200. My uni gets 14% off instead of the regular 10% if I go a special way.

LevMac
28th September 2009, 06:44 PM
oops typo. 1200, not 2200. My uni gets 14% off instead of the regular 10% if I go a special way.

Hehe all good :) 14% off is pretty damn good, I would say they will bring out a bigger size in the LED display, how awesome would a 30" LED Cinema display look ? :laugh:

yagankiely
28th September 2009, 07:24 PM
They probably will update the display sooner or later. (if they drop the price of the current 30" we know that they'll update it at the next event :P )