PDA

View Full Version : Austv And Degrees Down Under Widget Problems

crusie25
21st July 2005, 08:54 PM
Both Widgets do not work at home when I am running the net wirelessly from behind a netgear firewall. When I take my laptop to work and am plugged into the network there, they work fine. Any suggestions? Is there certain ports that these widgets require to be opened? The other widgets work fine?

Cheers!

iSlayer
21st July 2005, 09:05 PM
AusTv uses the standard port 80.

When you say other widgets work, does that include other widgets which access the net ?

Johnny Appleseed
21st July 2005, 09:11 PM
At the moment TV1 seems to be showing what's on Fox Sports

crusie25
21st July 2005, 10:06 PM
yes, other widgets that access the web work fine - including accuweather, and the sunlit earth widget.

Brmaurice
5th August 2005, 04:32 PM
Hi

Having trouble with AusTV, Systat and Degrees DU.

Got the message to download the lastest version of AusTV (1.01) so I clicked YES. Software dowloaded and since then I have not been able to get AusTV, Degrees DU or Systat to work. All three just sit there blankly saying: 'Loading' or 'Please Wait, Updating'. Have tried reinstalling the widgets, downloading the files again, restarting, shutdown and restar,...
AUS yellow pages and Accu Weather widgets both still work fine so seems to be connecting to the internet OK

iMac G5 2GHz, 1GB SDRAM, connecting to interent via Airport which is connected to ADSL modem. ISP = Pacific.

Have turned firewall on and off in System Prefs.DOesn't seem to make any diffrence. All had been working OK until AusTV widget asked if I wanted to update.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Having AusTV withdrawals - had to use Firefox to find an online TV guide last night! Ahhhh!

iSlayer
5th August 2005, 04:47 PM
there is a 0% chance its austv that caused the problme
its impossible since all the update but does is open safari

rurob2
16th August 2008, 12:36 PM
Is your home network or your ISP using a network proxy? I remember the Degrees Down Under widget had trouble with proxies when I was on my uni network, even though the widget just uses the standard port 80 and a standard Cocoa method to load BoM data from the web.

Cheers, Robert (Degrees DU developer)