PDA

View Full Version : Installing software

cheekyage
19th September 2009, 01:12 PM
Hi guys,

I am a brand new mac user coming across from pc and have just picked myself up a copy of Toast 10.

This is my very first progam install so here I go!!!

I have put the CD into the drive and as instructed dragged the Toast folder to the "Applications" folder.

It has now installed itself in the "Applications" folder as a Toast 10 folder.

I have noticed though that all the other programs in the "Applications" folder have nice icons yet the my new software installed has the normal folder labelled as "Toast 10"

1. Have I completed the correct install steps?
2. Does my new program now appear on the dock? If not how do I add it?
3. Can I get a pretty TOAST 10 icon in the "Applications" folder.

Appreciate any help or info :)

Cheers

glacierdave
19th September 2009, 01:27 PM
(Note: I don't have Toast so I'm just sorta guessing here...)

Sounds to me like Toast has installed into a sub-directory of the Applications folder. If you go into that Toast folder you'll probably find a nice Toast 10 icon along with some other tools or readme things.

David

Redman
19th September 2009, 01:52 PM
Hi cheekyage,
Congratulations on your Mac purchase.

Toast actually installs a folder into the Applications folder. Within the Toast folder are your applications for Toast, like CD Spin Doctor.app, Disc Cover.app etc and your Toast.app (the main Toast application - this may also be called Toast Titanuim.app, depending on your version of Toast) is in there as well.

It sounds like you have installed it correctly and all should be OK.
To put the application in the dock, you will need to make an alias (Mac speak for shortcut) in the dock. Simply locate the Toast.app and drag this to the dock. Other icons will move out of the way, making space for Toast and then drop it to wherever you like in the dock.

If you want to change an icon on the Toast Folder itself, CMD-Click (Right Click) on the application or Folder that you want to use for the icon, and Choose "Get Info"
Click on the icon in the Get Info Window (at the top) so it is highlighted and CMD-C (copy) this. (Apple + C)
Then do a "Get Info" on the Toast Folder and click on the icon at the top on the Get Info folder and press CMD-V (to paste)(Apple + V) the icon. Note that this can't be undone (like "undo command) and to apply a new icon to the Toast folder you will need to repeat this process.

Hope that helps !!

Cheers

Mac Ram
19th September 2009, 01:53 PM
EDIT: Not needed

cheekyage
20th September 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi cheekyage,
Congratulations on your Mac purchase.

Toast actually installs a folder into the Applications folder. Within the Toast folder are your applications for Toast, like CD Spin Doctor.app, Disc Cover.app etc and your Toast.app (the main Toast application - this may also be called Toast Titanuim.app, depending on your version of Toast) is in there as well.

It sounds like you have installed it correctly and all should be OK.
To put the application in the dock, you will need to make an alias (Mac speak for shortcut) in the dock. Simply locate the Toast.app and drag this to the dock. Other icons will move out of the way, making space for Toast and then drop it to wherever you like in the dock.

If you want to change an icon on the Toast Folder itself, CMD-Click (Right Click) on the application or Folder that you want to use for the icon, and Choose "Get Info"
Click on the icon in the Get Info Window (at the top) so it is highlighted and CMD-C (copy) this. (Apple + C)
Then do a "Get Info" on the Toast Folder and click on the icon at the top on the Get Info folder and press CMD-V (to paste)(Apple + V) the icon. Note that this can't be undone (like "undo command) and to apply a new icon to the Toast folder you will need to repeat this process.

Hope that helps !!

Cheers

You rock Redman!!!

Thanks so much for your kind info and assistance :)