PDA

View Full Version : Awesome time machine functionality - works in mail

MissionMan
16th September 2009, 11:24 PM
Excuse my excitement here and maybe this has been there for years without my knowledge but I was pleasantly surprised today to find that time machine actually works in apple mail. i.e. If you're in mail, go to the time machine icon and select enter time machine. It will then take you to a history of your mailbox where you can recover old messages or view old mails you might have deleted.

Excuse the empty folder but I didn't feel like exposing my email to the world
http://img.skitch.com/20090916-x12b511jjj6rcehwjbk7ckdwdm.jpg

cdemarco
17th September 2009, 07:14 AM
This has save by ass already, and the great thing is that it works with IMAP configured accounts as well!

Alec Fraser
17th September 2009, 07:49 AM
Where was that on the feature list?! I had no idea you could do that!

MissionMan
17th September 2009, 08:08 AM
Where was that on the feature list?! I had no idea you could do that!

Exactly my point. If I hadn't got there accidentally I wouldn't even have known it existed.

Rust
17th September 2009, 09:24 AM
Wow that is an awesome feature! I had no idea about that.
Are there any other features i should know about? All i thought it did was let me do file restores and complete system restores. Thats a great little feature right there...Thanks for sharing :)

MissionMan
17th September 2009, 09:25 AM
I'm busy hunting down all the apps in ilife and the built in OS to see if any others work so I'll let you know what I pick up :) It'll only be tonight though when I plug back into my backup drive at home.

sideshow
17th September 2009, 10:49 AM
I have used this feature on several occasions to save my butt...Is really handy when your trying to find email messages you've deleted weeks ago...