PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 9 New Interface

Antonino Giglio
16th September 2009, 09:57 PM
Ok, just downloaded the new iTunes and I don't really like the new interface for my music library.

Before I could see artist, album and genre in the upper half of the window while the music list was in the lower part of the window. I found that system very space efficient.

Now if I want to see artist, album and genre I've to activate them and they appear in a column on the left side of my music list. It doesn't look good at all. It is all more compress.

Don't like the new update....

What do you guys think? Is there a way to see the above like the previous version?

NeoRicen
16th September 2009, 09:59 PM
Ok, just downloaded the new iTunes and I don't really like the new interface for my music library.

Before I could see artist, album and genre in the upper half of the window while the music list was in the lower part of the window. I found that system very space efficient.

Now if I want to see artist, album and genre I've to activate them and they appear in a column on the left side of my music list. It doesn't look good at all. It is all more compress.

Don't like the new update....

What do you guys think? Is there a way to see the above like the previous version?
View > Column Browser > On Top

Done.

Antonino Giglio
16th September 2009, 10:17 PM
You are a genious! :)

iTy
16th September 2009, 10:44 PM
You are a genious! :)

I also noticed that I no longer have a shopping cart :eek:

MrJesseRoss
16th September 2009, 10:49 PM
I also noticed that I no longer have a shopping cart :eek:

No, but now you have a wish list!

mattDC5R
16th September 2009, 10:57 PM
I like it now ive worked out that a lot of the features/view options which arent where they used to be have been moved to the menu bar and turned off by default, similar story to Antonino.

I use Grid view and was not impressed by the lack of the sorting header till i found it needed to be tunred on in the View Menu.

marc
16th September 2009, 11:36 PM
iTunes 9 is a good step forward. Me rikeee.

Can't wait for iTunes X though. I think that will be the turning point.

Owley
17th September 2009, 01:15 AM
Looks OK to me, nothing great in this version, but it's OK

dotnet
17th September 2009, 01:53 AM
I reckon iTunes 9 is nice. The new iTunes Store on the other hand... I find it much harder to use, and the way tracks are presented is just crap - you can't resize (let alone add) columns which makes it a nightmare to find things.

Cheers
Steffen.

dopus
17th September 2009, 08:47 AM
No, but now you have a wish list!

Correct, only I couldn't find how to get to it. Any tips please. :)

MrJesseRoss
17th September 2009, 09:22 AM

Hit the arrow next to the album or track price. :)

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1278/screenshot20090917at851.png

banjo
17th September 2009, 03:14 PM

To view your wish list, mouse over your name/email in the top-right of the window until an arrow appears. Click the arrow, then selected "Wish List".

http://img.skitch.com/20090917-m3xtar1en3m4jbwxdhjy2d29mm.preview.jpg

angusg
18th September 2009, 07:32 PM
Is iTunes 9 really buggy and crash prone for anyone else?? Crashes randomly when doing basic tasks like synching my iPhone or looking something up in the store..

entropy
18th September 2009, 07:37 PM
No operational problems, and I like it overall. But it seems harder to jump between the US and Australian stores.

Apple_Lover
18th September 2009, 09:13 PM
"I'm lovin it"

I'm usually for new appearances and interfaces.

kyte
19th September 2009, 10:41 PM
I'm blind I suppose. I used to like to search for apps. The link was pretty obvious... called "power search". Can't find it. ergo I hate itunes 9. Oh and before you tell me its on the homepage... that's seemingly only for tunes, not apps.

imacattack
19th September 2009, 11:00 PM
It looks good but some things don't seem to be right ??

kyte
19th September 2009, 11:15 PM
I want to reinstall 8 but...

marc
19th September 2009, 11:31 PM
I used to like to search for apps. The link was pretty obvious... called "power search". Can't find it.
Just Search using the input at the top right of the iTunes window. When it's done you can filter by kind, including Apps only.

NeoRicen
19th September 2009, 11:32 PM
I'm blind I suppose. I used to like to search for apps. The link was pretty obvious... called "power search". Can't find it. ergo I hate itunes 9. Oh and before you tell me its on the homepage... that's seemingly only for tunes, not apps.
Um, dude, did you even click on Power Search? The first item in the form is a drop down from which you can select apps.

kyte
20th September 2009, 05:10 AM
Just Search using the input at the top right of the iTunes window. When it's done you can filter by kind, including Apps only.

I saw that later, but didnt bother because I wanted more. Thanks for the tip, but still prefer the "old" way.

[edit] Its a poor substitute for the older way, Marc. I tried plugging a company -popcap- into "artist" and it couldn't just accept that I wanted ONLY popcap. It thought there was a distinct possibility that I REALLY wanted to get the Christian podcast by Greg and Lisa popCAK.

And if I do a search from the app store, then I don't want to see more results for music and podcasts than i do for apps. That's just woeful.

rick_au
20th September 2009, 11:00 AM
iTunes 9 is a piece of crap on my computer(macmini intel 1.6ghz) Every thing I do causes the spinner to appear. This includes searches, changing volume and changing song. How do I downgrade?

Boney_Ahem
20th September 2009, 12:42 PM
iTunes 9 is a piece of crap on my computer(macmini intel 1.6ghz) Every thing I do causes the spinner to appear. This includes searches, changing volume and changing song. How do I downgrade?

Seems like you are not alone. It's a pity because iTunes 9 is working fine on my intel iMac and I do like the changes ...

Here's a link to a How-To Downgrade (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2157090&tstart=90) back to iTunes 8

Please be very careful with the steps and read everything thoroughly :)

baby tuckoo
20th September 2009, 04:36 PM
Unlike most reviews, I don't really see too much to say regarding the new iTunes.
Basically, it is the same, or I use iTunes in the same manner that I did previously.

HOWEVER, I do have one complaint, and I have posted this in another "iTunes 9 Yuk" Thread, but received no joy, so here it is once again.

Not certain if I am retarded here, but ever since I downloaded iTunes 9, when I plug in either my Nano and/or iPhone, then go to the various tabs (eg: music, Podcasts, iTunes U, etc), the far right side of the screen is cut off.

This is annoying, for instance with my Nano, when I am in the Music Tab, I can't scroll down and look at all my artists because there is NO scroll down bar thingy.

Anyone else have this issue?
I have a White 10" apple book.

Cheers in advance.
Ian

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8436/picture1ei.th.png (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/picture1ei.png/)

Boney_Ahem
20th September 2009, 04:41 PM
Baby tuckoo, I wanted to look at your attached image, to better understand your issue but when I click on it, it opens in a new window and is *exactly* the same size ... (small)

NeoRicen
20th September 2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone else have this issue?
I have a White 10" apple book.
What is a 10" Apple Book?

Whatever it is, 10" probably means your screen is too small.

grfxninja
20th September 2009, 06:42 PM
Baby tuckoo, I wanted to look at your attached image, to better understand your issue but when I click on it, it opens in a new window and is *exactly* the same size ... (small)

when you click on it to open in a new window or tab, take out "th." from the end of the address

Or better yet, click here…

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8436/picture1ei.png

Tassiecelt
22nd September 2009, 01:29 AM
I noticed a problem tonight, going to the App store I previously was able to browse categories of iphone apps eg. productivity/games/lifestyle/entertainment etc etc.

Where have those categories gone? All I can is is staff picks/what's hot etc.

Forget it - found it - a pull down menu - tricky!!

fotografer
23rd September 2009, 08:24 AM
iTunes 9.0.1 update is available for download. For me, it fixed a "bug" where the zoom button now correctly minimises the iTunes window to the Mini Player.

angusg
23rd September 2009, 05:41 PM
Seems to be a bit more stable for me..

marc
23rd September 2009, 05:49 PM
Not certain if I am retarded here, but ever since I downloaded iTunes 9, when I plug in either my Nano and/or iPhone, then go to the various tabs (eg: music, Podcasts, iTunes U, etc), the far right side of the screen is cut off.
Looks like you need to make the iTunes window wider, if you can...

baby tuckoo
24th September 2009, 11:22 PM
Listen, I have drank beer with many of you...... last year yes, but never-the-less, beer. Please help.

Yes, 10", in circles, that would be large, in computer screen worlds, it is small. Funny, yes, but in this case, NO!

Look, I can not enlarge my screen, which is why I posting, AGAIN.

Look, when any of my devices, iPhone, nano, etc, are linked to my computer, and I scroll through the various tabs - such as music, I CAN NOT make my iTunes screen longer, wider, bigger, larger, anything, so I can not ultimately see the scroll bar that I know exists.
Please look to the larger screen shot from grfxninja above.

Help.
Please.
Ian