PDA

View Full Version : The "I want Visual Voicemail and Tethering on Telstra" Petition

nuts4eva
15th September 2009, 08:10 PM
I really want tethering on Telstra for free and visual voicemail aswell. Come on everybody join the angry petition towards Telstra :mad: Who knows, we might get an representative stumble upon this thread and give the thousands of iPhone users on Telstra what they want. They rip us off now and I myself want these features for FREE :D Please give your opinion towards Telstra here !

pengu
15th September 2009, 08:23 PM
I want a magical tree that dispenses money, cookies and scantily clad 18 year old girls, but that isn't gonna happen any time soon either.

bennyling
15th September 2009, 08:23 PM
^ what he said. I'd leave the cookies out of it, though.

Pfft, if they lowered their prices even just a little I'd be happy. Also, I've love something to fill the $20 data gap they have - data packs at $10 and $30, but not at $20. :(

Visual Voicemail? I personally make it a point not to call you back if you leave me a voicemail - but people leave me voicemail even though I've never set it up? WTF!

Tethering. Maybe if I had a decent allowance to begin with (again, this brings me back to the old $20 data pack thingo).

Maybe this should belong in the "Grumpy Old Man" thread. :D

pengu
15th September 2009, 08:25 PM
Visual Voicemail? I personally make it a point not to call you back if you leave me a voicemail - but people leave me voicemail even though I've never set it up? WTF!

can I ask why? I guess none of your calls are work/business related?

bennyling
15th September 2009, 08:29 PM
can I ask why? I guess none of your calls are work/business related?

Nope. Maybe this'll change in a couple of years (when I start doing real work), but for now, leaving me a voicemail message is a one-way trip to my gripe list, and for the sole reason that I can't be arsed wasting time listening to "er... call me back" or similar.

Voice is like sooo 20th century, man. Shoot me a DM on Twitter. Post something on my wall on Facebook. Send me an email. Hell, send me an SMS if you have to, just don't leave me a voicemail!!

pengu
15th September 2009, 08:32 PM
Nope. Maybe this'll change in a couple of years (when I start doing real work), but for now, leaving me a voicemail message is a one-way trip to my gripe list, and for the sole reason that I can't be arsed wasting time listening to "er... call me back" or similar.

Voice is like sooo 20th century, man. Shoot me a DM on Twitter. Post something on my wall on Facebook. Send me an email. Hell, send me an SMS if you have to, just don't leave me a voicemail!!

Yeah, see "err call me back" is kinda stupid. I thought people understood if they leave a message it should actually tell you what they rang for..

angusg
15th September 2009, 10:02 PM
The majority of my voicemail seems to be "Hi Angus, this is your mother calling ............."

decryption
15th September 2009, 11:11 PM
I want what you want, but this "petition" ain't gonna help :(

savas
16th September 2009, 08:04 AM
Oh come on guys... nothing's gonna happen if we don't at lest TRY

Can you look someone honestly in the eye and say you ENJOY hearing some old lady speaking very very very slowly to you while you pay through the nose for it?

"You...have...........one..........new....message.. ..............to...listen...........press......... ..one............................message.......... .....received...........today.........at" ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

mitty
16th September 2009, 08:13 AM
When you say "free", do you mean as in you want as much data as possible for free? or that you don't want to have to pay a tethering "fee" as with Optus?

Oh, and another vote for visual voicemail not required. I never check message bank and am seriously thinking of turning it off, you can send me an SMS if I don't answer.