PDA

View Full Version : Editing In Keynote Or Imovie

aussiedeano
18th July 2005, 04:29 PM
Tried to search for this, but couldn't find what i was looking for. I am making a montage of photos, set to music, to play at our wedding. First did it as a Keynote presentation, but thought I'd try iMovie. Have gotten the hang of putting the photos in, doing transitions, etc, and have added the music I want. My question is: I want to have 3 different songs in the presentation. How do I fade out the music in the middle of the song and fade in the next song? Can't seem to find that edit function. Looked in Garage Band, and iTunes, can someone help me learn to fade my music please!!!???

Thanks a bunch!

Deano B)

Disko
18th July 2005, 04:48 PM
you've got to right-click on the songs in iMovie and select 'show clip volume levels'. Then its a matter of clicking in and dragging the fades where you want them. :)

I've attached a screenshot for you.

aussiedeano
18th July 2005, 05:23 PM
Nice one, thanks.......now next ?......in Keynote you can add a blank page for next title, etc, but how is that accomplished in iMovie? Want to add a title to the first frame, then about 30 pictures later another one, etc.

And the last question.....when I am trying to see how my fades, changes etc look, I can only move by one full frame. Is it possible to have it run all the way, and I stop it when I want to?

Thanks!

Deano

stevejay
19th July 2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by aussiedeano@Jul 18 2005, 05:23 PM
Nice one, thanks.......now next ?......in Keynote you can add a blank page for next title, etc, but how is that accomplished in iMovie? Want to add a title to the first frame, then about 30 pictures later another one, etc.
Create an image in a graphics tool that is 720 pixels wide by 576 pixels high and import that into your iMovie project - or, using the built-in titling, make sure the "Over black" checkbox is ticked.

aussiedeano
19th July 2005, 05:21 PM
All sorted! Looks great, thanks for all your help! I'm sure I'll be back asking more questions later!

Deano

adamjc
20th July 2005, 09:28 AM
A little off topic.

But when adding photos in Keynote can you get them to automatically resize to the box size? I am using a template under Graphite and a 6 photo page. But when I drag the photo in, i have to resize it myself each time.

Is there mayby an automatic feature where you select the photos you want to create a presentation with them? Then all you have to do is add titles and text.

Thanks.

Adam.

marc
20th July 2005, 11:23 AM
It's not the easiest solution, but if you know the final size you want the photos to be, you could create a Automator workflow or a Photoshop action to resize them.

The pixel size is shown in Keynote as you resize.

Search for "Scale Images" in Automator to find the right action.