PDA

View Full Version : Palm Lifedrive

Lucas
18th July 2005, 03:26 PM
Okay so here is my problem. I broke my last PDA, it was lose in my car. ((A joke for the goat/pet hates thread)) I need to get a new one for uni so I know where to be. I like the look of the new lifedrive and the ability to watch Stargate Atlantis while driving :) sounds fun. But its an expensive PDA and I would like opinions if anyone can offer them

How do macs go with palms?
Lifedrive experience?

Soap
21st July 2005, 06:48 PM
yes , have one its great, listening to itunes whilst browsing my wireless network...why not.
If you use Tiger you will need missing sync software ~$60 if you wish to sync ical and addressbook. No not cheap. But heaps more useful than an iplod. 4 gig is plenty of tunes. Itunes drag stait from itunes folders to palms music folder. Camera SD cards just plug in & perfect viewing instantly. No GPs software available yet, but time will fix that.

when setting up to a mac be patient, it does work but can be frustrating if you rush things.

Snowy28
21st July 2005, 08:53 PM
How about a Treo 650?

They're great, you can get SD Cards that are 1GB for about a hundred dollars now, its a much cheaper option with a much bigger fan base, and is a phone too!

Soap
22nd July 2005, 12:34 PM
Snowy i see your point about the treo having a phone as well but its not the fit in the pocket phone / convenience unless you have your 'manbag' as well to carry the thing in!

sikosis
25th July 2005, 03:42 PM
anyone know of any resellers that have them ... in a store where I can go and physically touch one ...

All the usual suspects don't have it ...

Tommy PDA
25th July 2005, 03:55 PM
hey

I would go for theTreo 650 i have one and its great..
but the Lifedrive are good for movies,mp3's and much more and good with that big hard drive.....

so just ask your self what do you really want...

sikosis
27th July 2005, 09:16 AM
yeh I've been there done that with the intergrated PDA/Phone with the Handspring Visor.

Plus my gf has the Treo 600 and her dad has the Treo 650 (he only bought it cos the 600 didn't have bluetooth) and I can't see any real advantage over those PDAs and the Tungsten T I've got.

I'm mainly after lots of memory so apps like SmartST (GPS software) work ... watching videos on the train could be a good excuse too ...

sikosis
30th August 2005, 02:04 PM
well just picked up my Lifedrive today.

The LD is good but I also bought the Hard Case and I'm hating it already. Seems you need fingernails in order to operate it ... :angry:

iMick
30th August 2005, 03:25 PM
I am just about to spring for a Treo 650. One of the guys at work has one and uses it as a GPS and his TV/DVD/Stereo remote control!! I hear it is also a phone as well ;)

I am hearing mixed news about syncing issues with Tiger. I am hoping it still can be synced manually without third party software. My old man uses missing sync for his HP iPoxy PDA and it is the worst software I have ever used.