PDA

View Full Version : Polar IR receiver on Snow Leopard with VMware Fusion and Windows 7

Jaste
11th September 2009, 10:48 PM
OK this is a long shot...

1. Was anyone sucessfully using a Polar IR receiver with Polar Pro Trainer software in a Windows 7 VMware Fusion virtual machine running on Leopard? (I was).

2. If yes to 1. and you upgraded to Snow Leopard, does it still work? (mine no longer works)

Mine seems to have stopped and I can't find a solution anywhere else. Any help would be ... er helpful.

Greg

av8or
13th September 2009, 10:54 PM
Hi Mate,

I am using a RS800CX with the Polar IR and Pro Trainer 5. Also on SL and VM ware. However I only run XP. It is still working great.

Not sure if this helps you though.

Cheers,

Andrew

Jaste
14th September 2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Andrew,

Thanks. I might create an XP VM and give it a go.

Greg

wislon
23rd October 2009, 10:10 PM
Hi
I have just bought a RS800CX but cant get the IR working, can you give me any tips?
The software installed, the driver installed but fails to communicate to the watch unit (IR can be seen flashing) I am using an Intel Macbook Pro and would dearly like to get this working to help with my fitness program
TTFN:cool:

weverc
3rd January 2010, 07:45 PM
Just resurrecting this thread - did anyone manage to resolve this one or is the enlightened Mac user still at the mercy of the not-so-enlightened Polar software developer...?

I have a RS400SD which came with the Protrainer5 software, and would really like to use the software. FWIW, I am running SL on a 13" MacBook Pro...

Ta.

Chris

iCameron
3rd January 2010, 09:40 PM
Tried making sure the MB's IR sensor is turned on?

System Prefs > Security > Make sure "Disable Remote control infared sensor" is unticked.

Just trying to help ;)

weverc
4th January 2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks, I had no idea I had to do this so I will check it out tonight when I get home.

I tried installing the software drivers (had to download them from the Polar website as the driver disk that came with the HRM was a mini-disk), but could not get it to install properly - I kept getting a message that said something along the lines of "Windows can't find the software"... I read on another forum that someone managed to do it by transferring (on a PC) the contents of the mini-disk to a USB, and then using the USB as the destination when the Install Wizard (in VM on the MBP) asks for the location of the software...?

FFS, this is hard work....