PDA

View Full Version : Classic Problems Please Help

Rodney9
16th July 2005, 09:56 PM
Hello,
I tried to run Diablo 2 demo but it said I needed Classic, so I followed the help file and installed the bundeled software from the install disk.
First of all it couldn't remember my password, I fixed that my running the re-install and resetting.
Now it still wont run Diablo 2, says "Classic can not find OS 9 folder".
Also now my "About this Mac" says I have MacOS X 10.3.7 NOT the 10.4.2 I DID have and thngs look different, What is going on???
Please Help
Rodney

Currawong
17th July 2005, 07:36 AM
Wait up, need more info. "I followed the help file and installed the bundled software..." from what disk?

What couldn't remember your password? What did you re-install and from what?

Rodney9
17th July 2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Currawong@Jul 17 2005, 07:36 AM
Wait up, need more info. "I followed the help file and installed the bundled software..." from what disk?

What couldn't remember your password? What did you re-install and from what?
Installed the bundeled software from the install disk - "MacMini Mac OSX Install Disc1 and Hardware Test"
First of all it couldn't remember my password - "When it restarted I could not log in with my password"
I fixed that my running the re-install and resetting - I used the "Mac OS X Tiger DVD" and held down 'c' until the install started, then used the pasword reset from there.
Then I restarted
Now it still wont run Diablo 2, says "Classic can not find OS 9 folder".
Also now my "About this Mac" says I have MacOS X 10.3.7 NOT the 10.4.2 I DID have and thngs look different, What is going on???

mvjs
17th July 2005, 08:47 AM
How old is your Mini? (Now before someone says, how is that relevent, you'll see why)

Rodney9
17th July 2005, 12:55 PM
My Mac Mini is two weeks old.

I download the Mac-Diablo 2 demo game because its minimal performance it needed was about the same as my Mac Mini - 1.25ghz plus 512mb.

Safari no longer works, wont start at all and printer set-up crashes.

Can I start all over again? should I just re-install Tiger or would I need to format the drive or what should I do ?

How do I play games after all that ?

Thankyou for Your Help,
Rodney.

mvjs
17th July 2005, 01:00 PM
Ok, that means Tiger should be on the CD, just checking :)

Is automator & dashboard installed?

Do a re-install :)

Currawong
17th July 2005, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you did a regular re-install. Install from the DVD again, but select Options... and choose to do an Archive Install. If you have no important data on the machine, do an erase install instead.

Rodney9
17th July 2005, 02:16 PM
OK , I did a re-install , everything is working again , except I still can't play Mac-Diablo 2 demo game.
How do you play Mac games ???