PDA

View Full Version : Apple Mail - identifying multiple email accounts

cheekyage
9th September 2009, 10:58 AM
Hi guys,

I am wanting to add a couple of more email accounts to my Apple Mail for OS X SL and by looking at the setup it seems really easy.

One question I have though, how do I know which account the emails are going to/from from?

Will Mail give me a column to easily identify which account the emails have been sent to/from?

Surely I dont have to go into each actual email and view the receipent list!

Can I somehow add a colour/shading to easily recognise which email account it has been sent to?

Any help or feedback would be great!

Cheers

soulman
9th September 2009, 11:29 AM
Mail gives you a popup menu called "From:" which allows you to choose the sending account on a per message basis. You can set background colours of received messages using Rules.

Lutze
9th September 2009, 11:32 AM
You could, as already posted, set up rules so that each email account get coloured differently.

However, when you add new accounts to mail it shows each individual account down the side - so you can see what account each email refers to.... and you can always right click on the top bar (where you have From, Subject and Date Received) and add Mailbox - this gives you a clear indicator for each mail.

cheekyage
9th September 2009, 12:51 PM
This is exactly what I was after :)

Where do I find the "Rules" settings?

Lutze
9th September 2009, 12:54 PM
Mail > Preferences > Rules (Far right hand side)

cheekyage
9th September 2009, 01:14 PM
.... and you can always right click on the top bar (where you have From, Subject and Date Received) and add Mailbox - this gives you a clear indicator for each mail.

Thanks Lutze :)

Not sure I quite understand the above though?
I know I will get the extra column but the adding of mailbox?

Lutze
9th September 2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks Lutze :)

Not sure I quite understand the above though?
I know I will get the extra column but the adding of mailbox?

Each mail account is a mailbox. I've got 3 in my Mail app. They are named Me.com Gmail and NRB. On the right hand side when you add the Mailbox column you'll see the name of the account that each email is tied to.

cheekyage
9th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Each mail account is a mailbox. I've got 3 in my Mail app. They are named Me.com Gmail and NRB. On the right hand side when you add the Mailbox column you'll see the name of the account that each email is tied to.

Too easy!

Thanks again.

Now I just gotta work out what colours I want :)