PDA

View Full Version : Podcast transfer into itunes

sox11
8th September 2009, 11:52 AM
hey everyone this has stumped me. I've been downloading my podcasts through my ipod touch via "get more podcasts". And now i want to sync them back to to my macbook pro's itunes library. What confuses me is that in the podcast tab i from within my ipod touch, if i click sync it says it will remove the podcasts from my ipod and replaced with what is in my library. This is the opposite of what i want.

any help greatly appreciated

:laughing:

Boney_Ahem
8th September 2009, 12:55 PM
I don't own an iPod Touch or dabble in Podcasts but I could hazard a guess and offer that it's likely that the situation is similar if not exactly the same as that with transferring data from an iPod to a Mac ... there are 3rd party apps dedicated to doing this ... you could try googling "transfer podcast from iPod Touch to Mac" to see what comes up?

I use Senuti (iTunes in reverse) to transfer data from my son's iPod to my iMac but I am unsure if it works with an iPod Touch ...

Japester
8th September 2009, 01:09 PM
My experience is that the podcasts are synced to iTunes automatically. They then belong to iTunes and are synced back to the iPhone based on my sync settings. This is with the syncing library (the one that the iPhone belongs to), not a different library.

Cookieboi
8th September 2009, 02:42 PM
Just go File>Transfer Purchases From iPod.
Your podcasts will appear in the podcast list with the option to subscribe from there

sox11
8th September 2009, 04:09 PM
Transfer purchases did it, thanks everyone!!