PDA

View Full Version : Strange Mail behaviour

VVOp
8th September 2009, 08:23 AM
Just recently Mail has been acting very strange: messages I've deleted, and sometimes deleted days ago have begun to reappear and multiple times and unread in my inbox. Normally I get about 40 or so mail messages a day, but with the reappearance of deleted messages and doubling and sometimes tripling up, today for instance I have over 800 unread messages in my inbox!
Is this virus behaviour, or is it an issue I should take up with my ISP? I upgraded to Snow Leopard and week or so ago, but the problem has only begun to manifest itself in the last few days or so. I haven't changed my mail settings. So I'm at a loss.

TJA77
8th September 2009, 10:15 AM
I think the new mail in SL is definitely buggy. I have RSS feeds set up for a few sites including this one and I delete them and they all come back the next time I open my mail. I have deleted and rebuilt these but the problem still persists

BeePee
8th September 2009, 11:42 AM
VVOp,
I suppose you have done all these things, if not try this.
Rebuild Mailboxes.
Go to Mailbox Behaviours ensure you have ticked erase Junk and Trash when quitting.
Go to Advance and ensure the box is ticked to erase immediately on exiting mail.
Other than that there are other posts relating to deleting the .plist, have a look under Search, one or all of the above should help in addressing the problem.

VVOp
9th September 2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks BeePee, looks like your suggestions did the trick. It's all good now.