PDA

View Full Version : Airport Update

feeze
15th July 2005, 11:35 AM
I do not think this has been posted yet.

Airport Software 4.2 update has been released and can be downloaded through Software update.

I haven't updated it myself but I will post back when updated.

edit: Forgot the description

"AirPort 4.2 fixes connection problems and resolves security issues with WPA2 wireless networks."

edit 2: installed it and everything appears to be ok. I'm only on a WEP network though.

Disko
15th July 2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, i'll give this one a shot when i'm home. The airport-less powermac at work probably didn't benefit at all from it ;)

mvjs
15th July 2005, 11:50 AM
Just downloading mine now :)

On my Mini with Airport Extreme

EDIT - Yep, everythings working here :) Connected to my WPA Network

EDIT2 - Cooooool, No restart!

Bart Smastard
15th July 2005, 01:23 PM
I hope this resolves my wireless stability issues. It's been flakey at best. I've resorted to a fixed IP address rather than DHCP and last night, whilst downloading the 14.10.2 update, I lost Airport altogether - My Windows laptop stayed connected to the router.

Bart Smastard
15th July 2005, 08:54 PM
I haven't tried it yet.

Did you guys upgraded to 10.4.2 before installing the Airport upgrade?

mvjs
15th July 2005, 09:03 PM
Yep, Already upgraded to 10.4.2 before the update. But I don't think you need to

The Fluffy Duck
16th July 2005, 11:50 AM
May I jsut add the wireless networking is the best. Im glad apple are really pushing this technology. Plus making it easy to use for the common folk.

My mate just brought a bunch of dlink stuff for his computer at home. He had the wrost luck. His router was stuffed then his wireless pci card burnt out he had to get a new one. then he had to get a bridge becaue he had 4 concrete walls inbettween his connection. He just ended up selling it. He is going to run a 15m lan cable under his house.

He just had bad luck because useally its easy to install.

BiRDBRAiN
16th July 2005, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a bad case of "get stuffed you've got concrete walls" syndrome.

I have the same problem. I get great reception in one part of my house but not the other.

Doesn't bother me as I ran a cable to my office and run a switch from there.